News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Natural History Museum Collection by Toyway

Started by Ikessauro, September 09, 2012, 11:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Here's another collection of dinosaurs made by Toyway. I'm not quite sure about the origin of the set, but I guess they were created to replace the wonderful (and now out of production) Invicta Line as official models of the British Natural History Museum. The set is composed only by dinosaurs, no marine or flying stuff. ;D The set contains 12 different models if I'm not mistaken. I'm counting both versions of the T.rex as part of the collection.

There's a T.rex of course, Ankylosaurus, Baryonyx, Iguanodon, Megalosaurus, Stegosaurus, Diplodocus, Kentrosaurus, Carnotaurus, Corythosaurus, Triceratops and a Bigger T.rex, which has a different pose.

I have almost all of them, missing both rexes only. So here are some pics, someone who have the "kings" can post their photos later on.

Megalosaurus

Triceratops

Stegosaurus

Kentrosaurus

Iguanodon

Diplodocus

Corythosaurus

Carnotaurus

Baryonyx

Ankylosaurus

tyrantqueen

Was that Ankylosaurus like that when you bought it? It looks a bit warped there :O

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 09, 2012, 11:46:40 PM
Was that Ankylosaurus like that when you bought it? It looks a bit warped there :O

Yeah, it was. I didn't really bother to try to fix it, didn't know for sure if it was the result of a warped mold or it's just mine. Gotta check out other pics and maybe fix it. I guess hot water would help, right?

EDIT: Looking at the pic on the NHM online shop it makes me think it's a mould flaw, Check it out.

http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/dinosaur-models/ankylosaurus/product.html

Seijun

The NHM should be ashamed of themselves for marketing such awful figures in a museum. The cory, iguano, and diplo are nice, but the rest look like cheap dollar store/chinasaur figures. Even schleichs famously bad standing rex was not as bad at the one from this series (and the NHM has the gall the claim it is "scientist-approved"--was their scientist in a coma?) .
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

ZoPteryx

As much as I like certain figures from this line, I've got to agree with Seijun, I would have expected more from a world famous museum. :-\

Gwangi

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 10, 2012, 02:06:46 AM
As much as I like certain figures from this line, I've got to agree with Seijun, I would have expected more from a world famous museum. :-\

Especially since these are the replacements for the Invicta line and Toyway produced the WWD figures.

Ikessauro

You guys are right, since these are supposed to be museum line pieces, they had to be at least a bit accurate. The Baryonyx reminds me of a duck, with that broad snout haha. Anyway, I got them because I'm a completist, I like to get a set complete once I bought some of them. The only decent ones in the line are the Corytho, the Diplo and the Kentrosaurus in my opinion. The Megalosaurus and Iguanodon are good too, but not perfect. The rest is weird looking. :P :o

DC

I agree that they are worth collecting.  They are still in production.  I have them and they are ok more in some ways than the invicta.  They is a 3rd BNHM set Dinosauria that was later acquired by K&M that had a mixed Invicta WWD look.

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Himmapaan

Quote from: Seijun on September 10, 2012, 12:32:54 AM
The NHM should be ashamed of themselves for marketing such awful figures in a museum. The cory, iguano, and diplo are nice, but the rest look like cheap dollar store/chinasaur figures. Even schleichs famously bad standing rex was not as bad at the one from this series (and the NHM has the gall the claim it is "scientist-approved"--was their scientist in a coma?) .
A number of us have been saying precisely that for heaven knows how long.  :( And these aren't even the worst the NHM shop has to offer. I kid you not. The word 'travesty' doesn't begin to describe it.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 10, 2012, 12:11:52 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 09, 2012, 11:46:40 PM

Yeah, it was. I didn't really bother to try to fix it, didn't know for sure if it was the result of a warped mold or it's just mine. Gotta check out other pics and maybe fix it. I guess hot water would help, right?

EDIT: Looking at the pic on the NHM online shop it makes me think it's a mould flaw, Check it out.

http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/dinosaur-models/ankylosaurus/product.html

You could put the figure in hot water or you could use a hairdryer to fix the leg. I have done the repairs with my figures.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

I think the same that Seijun a Gwangi. I have figures of this company and the best figures are Diplo, Kentro, Cory and Iguanodon from my point of view. Megalosaurus looks a Raptor out claw and the baryonyxn looks a duck but the worst are Tyrannosaurus and Carnotaurus.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Horridus

Yeah, they're abysmal. But the theropods make me laugh - the duck-like Baryonyx, and the zipper-mouthed T. rex. And that Carnotaurus! Oh, my.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Roselaar

Can't we contact the NHM and let us know we're pissed off about these monstrosities? Most of these really ought not to be sold in a museum.

Gwangi

A couple of them are alright (and I do mean a couple), in particular the diplo and cory. Some of those other ones though...I've seen better at dollar stores.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 10, 2012, 09:55:24 PM
Can't we contact the NHM and let us know we're pissed off about these monstrosities? Most of these really ought not to be sold in a museum.

If its any consolation, I think Toyway as a company may have gone into receivership a few years ago. So most likely the line isn't actually still in production; more likely, there are just lots of them left over, and who would want them?

tyrantqueen

QuoteCan't we contact the NHM and let us know we're pissed off about these monstrosities? Most of these really ought not to be sold in a museum.
I second that.  A few of them are passable, but none of them are really "must haves" :/

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 10, 2012, 11:31:40 PM
QuoteCan't we contact the NHM and let us know we're pissed off about these monstrosities? Most of these really ought not to be sold in a museum.
I second that.  A few of them are passable, but none of them are really "must haves" :/

As I said, with Toyway out of the picture, the NHM is probably burning off old stock from several years ago and would have no current outlet to have their own line made yet again. Plus whatever cheap things show up--I have seen the types of companies most large museums use to do their ordering, and it is not based on public demand but 'market research' from companies that stock on their own.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Horridus on September 10, 2012, 09:24:29 PM
Yeah, they're abysmal. But the theropods make me laugh - the duck-like Baryonyx, and the zipper-mouthed T. rex. And that Carnotaurus! Oh, my.

LOL! That Carno is perhaps the worst :))
I guess I have the best from the set, the others can be banished ;)
So, when is CollectA going to take over producing figures for the museum? ;)

Jetoar

Finally I have all figures of NHM dinosaurs, included the retired Iguanodon  ^-^.

All collection.

Triceratops.

Corythosaurus.

Tyrannosaurus.

Megalosaurus.

Diplodocus.

Baryonyx.

Carnotaurus.

Stegosaurus.

Iguanodon.

Ankilosaurus.

Kentrosaurus.

Invicta Hunter

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: