News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: DragonRider02 on February 03, 2020, 05:45:38 PM
I contacted ED about my missing package with Safari dinos, it turns out they messed up shipping address!
These things happen, even with the best of companies. I had a Minizoo order get to my door in Toronto from Australia, but without the condo unit#. It returned to Australia, was re-addressed and was then sent a second time, now successfully. Happens.

Flaffy

I've noticed another thing the Safari Sarcosuchus does better than both the Rebor and Mattel Sarcosuchus: The back plates.

Sarcosuchus in life had these impressive and large back plates. However, the Rebor and Mattel versions both seem to lack this distinctive feature of the crocodyliform. Instead, they opt for classic, generic crocodile back scales, which is a darn shame.
Guess real life was too boring for Rebor, removing distinct features of an organism ad making them more generic is definitely preferable. ::)

SidB

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy - good point. The plates are strikingly distinctive and it's really odd that they would be omitted by Rebpr and Mattel, since you'd think that they would be a positive selling point. Odd.

TaranUlas

By "after work today", I clearly meant "After getting laid off from work this week." Ah well, enough of that. You all wanted pictures of this bunch together and here they are!

Link to them since there are over four pictures: https://imgur.com/a/9zWWYNx   If you have trouble accessing this, please let me know. I tried to make sure to get some good up close shots of the Concavenator as best I could for you avatar_Sim @Sim Sadly, my Concavenator still has a messed leg. If anyone else has gotten a Concavenator, please let me know how it stands. I can't really throw money around to get a new one if they are all like mine.

Fair warning, some of the pictures turned out blurry. I didn't see that until I uploaded them and well.. I could remove them, but I think we need to have it preserved so that I learn patience... and to remember my tripod.

SidB

Quote from: TaranUlas on February 05, 2020, 03:03:33 AM
By "after work today", I clearly meant "After getting laid off from work this week." Ah well, enough of that. You all wanted pictures of this bunch together and here they are!

Link to them since there are over four pictures: https://imgur.com/a/9zWWYNx   If you have trouble accessing this, please let me know. I tried to make sure to get some good up close shots of the Concavenator as best I could for you avatar_Sim @Sim Sadly, my Concavenator still has a messed leg. If anyone else has gotten a Concavenator, please let me know how it stands. I can't really throw money around to get a new one if they are all like mine.

Fair warning, some of the pictures turned out blurry. I didn't see that until I uploaded them and well.. I could remove them, but I think we need to have it preserved so that I learn patience... and to remember my tripod.
Sorry about the lay-off. Hope that you pickup something to your liking soon. Btw, thanks for the pics - good to see the figures  together for size comparison purposes.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Flaffy on February 04, 2020, 08:19:44 AM
I've noticed another thing the Safari Sarcosuchus does better than both the Rebor and Mattel Sarcosuchus: The back plates.

Sarcosuchus in life had these impressive and large back plates. However, the Rebor and Mattel versions both seem to lack this distinctive feature of the crocodyliform. Instead, they opt for classic, generic crocodile back scales, which is a darn shame.
Guess real life was too boring for Rebor, removing distinct features of an organism ad making them more generic is definitely preferable. ::)

I think they just didn't know. I didn't know until you posted that picture
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Killekor

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on February 05, 2020, 02:41:39 PM

I think that too. If that's the case, I think that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO will be interested to know that so they can fix the error.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Patrx

I think they just didn't know.

Maybe! But surely, step one of designing a figure of a fossil animal is to look at the fossils? Those big plates are be pretty tricky to miss.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Patrx on February 05, 2020, 08:37:38 PM

Maybe! But surely, step one of designing a figure of a fossil animal is to look at the fossils? Those big plates are be pretty tricky to miss.

Self edit: mouth zipped :-X

postsaurischian

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 05, 2020, 09:06:54 PM
Quote from: Patrx on February 05, 2020, 08:37:38 PM

Self edit: mouth zipped :-X

:)) :))         quite diplomatic.

Wandering

I am a big Safari fan but this years Dilophosaurus has disappointing me a bit...

Flaffy

tanystropheus

REBOR reads these threads. I am sure they will correct it.

SidB

Hope so, it would improve a promising product.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Killekor on February 05, 2020, 07:54:09 PM

I think that too. If that's the case, I think that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO will be interested to know that so they can fix the error.

Killekor

We do know about these back plates or highly modified osteoderms if you will and our Sarcosuchus sculpt certainly has them, they were just poorly shown due to the angle of the photo being taken.

Likeavatar_Patrx @Patrx mentioned - step one of designing a figure of a fossil animal is to look at the fossils which is exactly what we did, don't think anyone would miss those super obvious back plates if they've ever seen fossils of Sacro no matter how ignorant they are; we also used gharial skeletons as reference since they share many similarities with Sarco's and this would give us great results while reconstructing the creature since we know what living gharials look like, by comparing osteoderms with and without soft tissues on them we were able to get clues of how to make Sacro's back look fairly scientifically accurate.

Just want to clarify we love doing researches and we always gather lots of reference materials before actually starting our projects. Making prehistoric animal figurines is not a very profitable business, in fact not at all and we often have to use our own incomes from elsewhere to to fuel the brand, the reason we choose keep doing what we do is because we love perhistoric animals as much as you guys do and we've put tons of effort into our sculpts so please understand that we can feel a little bit offended if people simply assume we know nothing ;)

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus Yes we read these threads - all threads actually, we do collect figures from other companies and often check the forum for any interesting news you know;) We come to this forum everyday so next time if you wish to confirm something with us please just ask or avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, we read all those comments related to us and would more than happy to answer your questions :)

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 06, 2020, 02:35:04 AM

Killekor

We do know about these back plates or highly modified osteoderms if you will and our Sarcosuchus sculpt certainly has them, they were just poorly shown due to the angel of the photo being taken.

Likeavatar_Patrx @Patrx mentioned - step one of designing a figure of a fossil animal is to look at the fossils which is exactly what we did, don't think anyone would miss those super obvious back plates if they've ever seen fossils of Sacro no matter how ignorant they are; we also used gharial skeletons as reference since they share many similarities with Sarco's and this would give us great results while reconstructing the creature since we know what living gharials look like, by comparing osteoderms with and without soft tissues on them we were able to get clues of how to make Sacro's back look fairly scientifically accurate.

Just want to clarify we love doing researches and we always gather lots of reference materials before actually starting our projects. Making prehistoric animal figurines is not a very profitable business, in fact not at all and we often have to use our own incomes from elsewhere to to fuel the brand, the reason we choose keep doing what we do is because we love perhistoric animals as much as you guys do and we've put tons of effort into our sculpts so please understand that we can feel a little bit offended if people simply assume we know nothing ;)

We come to this forum everyday so next time if you wish to confirm something with us please just ask or avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, we read all those comments related to us and would more than happy to answer your questions :)

Well avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, the big question is: Will this sarcosuchus (and the deinosuchus) still be released (in the Grab N Go line)? We haven't heard about them anymore.

Second question: Where is Gorilla Z? I think that was supposed to be a christmas release.

Third: Will you ever make smilodon? I think i need a REBOR smilodon. That's an animal you certainly can and should work on. It totally suits REBOR.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on February 06, 2020, 03:01:05 AM

Killekor

We do know about these back plates or highly modified osteoderms if you will and our Sarcosuchus sculpt certainly has them, they were just poorly shown due to the angel of the photo being taken.

We come to this forum everyday so next time if you wish to confirm something with us please just ask or avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, we read all those comments related to us and would more than happy to answer your questions :)

Well avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, the big question is: Will this sarcosuchus (and the deinosuchus) still be released (in the Grab N Go line)? We haven't heard about them anymore.

Second question: Where is Gorilla Z? I think that was supposed to be a christmas release.

Third: Will you ever make smilodon? I think i need a REBOR smilodon. That's an animal you certainly can and should work on. It totally suits REBOR.

Both Deino and Sarco will be parts of the REBOR GNG line, they'll be huge and they'll be very cheap like our GNG 1:6 Komodo dragon. We just need the time to get them manufactured.

Gorilla Z will be released this year.

Yes we have a smilodon, just not the right time to reveal him yet ;)

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 06, 2020, 03:08:33 AM
Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on February 06, 2020, 03:01:05 AM

Killekor

Both Deino and Sarco will be parts of REBOR GNG line, we just need the time to get them manufactured.

Gorilla Z will be released this year.

Yes we have a smilodon, just not the right time to reveal him yet ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Awesome news about the smilodon!

I love REBOR.

Flaffy

We do know about these back plates or highly modified osteoderms if you will and our Sarcosuchus sculpt certainly has them, they were just poorly shown due to the angle of the photo being taken.

Unfortunately photobucket's watermark and blurring makes it very challenging to see these back plates in detail for that particular image, clearer images would absolutely be appreciated!

we also used gharial skeletons as reference since they share many similarities with Sarco's and this would give us great results while reconstructing the creature since we know what living gharials look like, by comparing osteoderms with and without soft tissues on them we were able to get clues of how to make Sacro's back look fairly scientifically accurate.

Gonna wait for clearer images of the Rebor figure before commenting.

the reason we choose keep doing what we do is because we love perhistoric animals as much as you guys do and we've put tons of effort into our sculpts so please understand that we can feel a little bit offended if people simply assume we know nothing ;)

I understand, and I apologise that I offended y'all. Its not that I assume Rebor knows nothing about the species they make, nor did I ever claim so. From your most recent figures, you guys are clearly competent at grasping anatomy. What I disagree with is Rebor's mentality that "life is boring", therefore features must be artificially added / subtracted to make the animal "badass" or "awesome".
I fully realise your franchise-inspired products are not meant to reflect the real organism, and that's perfectly fine. I just think that Rebor's original sculpts/designs should better reflect the animal it's based off of, to truly respect and capture the essence of what makes that particular creature so fascinating to so many people. Casual customers and nerds alike.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Flaffy on February 06, 2020, 04:44:14 AM

Unfortunately photobucket's watermark and blurring makes it very challenging to see these back plates in detail for that particular image, clearer images would absolutely be appreciated!

we also used gharial skeletons as reference since they share many similarities with Sarco's and this would give us great results while reconstructing the creature since we know what living gharials look like, by comparing osteoderms with and without soft tissues on them we were able to get clues of how to make Sacro's back look fairly scientifically accurate.

Gonna wait for clearer images of the Rebor figure before commenting.

the reason we choose keep doing what we do is because we love perhistoric animals as much as you guys do and we've put tons of effort into our sculpts so please understand that we can feel a little bit offended if people simply assume we know nothing ;)

I understand, and I apologise that I offended y'all. Its not that I assume Rebor knows nothing about the species they make; from your most recent figures, you guys are clearly competent at grasping anatomy. What I disagree with is Rebor's mentality that "life is boring", therefore features must be artificially added / subtracted to make the animal "badass" or "awesome".
I fully realise your franchise-inspired products are not meant to reflect the real organism, and that's perfectly fine. I just think that Rebor's original sculpts/designs should better reflect the animal it's based off of, to truly respect and capture the essence of what makes that particular creature so fascinating to so many people. Casual customers and nerds alike.

Yes we are fully capable of creating very scientifically accurate figures however the problem is true dinosaur/prehistoric animal enthusiast are the minorities, there is no argument about this because we are the manufacturer and we do marketing research all the time, the key word here is "buying power",in order to survive at all we must serve the group with the highest buying power, it's nothing personal just realistic business strategy. If someone pays us around £50000 to create a 100% scientifically accurate figure and promise to buy the entire stock then we'll be so open to suggestions!

The good news is through making those "awesomebro" figures over the years we've managed to save some money to launch the GNG line which offers affordable and scientifically accurate figures, please note that although vinyl figures cost less they are still not that cheap, the retail price of our 50cm long Komodo dragon is £15 because we didn't add any profit, just search how much a Sofubi vinyl Komodo Dragon cost and you'll know we are telling the truth - same manufacturing technique, less paint applications, not to mention it's also much smaller. We hope you can realise that the very existence of the REBOR GNG line and the insanely cheap prices are our way of saying sorry to each and every forum memeber we've offended before. So please just let us do what we do to make some money and all of your dreams will come true in time cus we do check your comments everyday and write down your wishes, GNG Giganotosaurus,Carcharodontosaurus,even a living Tenontosaurus, we heard them all.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: