News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The important thing is the life and health of the workers and friends who carry the Safari brand, I like that brand but I value the lives of people more than the permanence in the market of the various companies or diverse brands throughout the world. As I say "everything has a solution in life except death or irreversible disease" therefore in my case I focus on having a greater number of people in good health and recovered from COVID-19 in the US and in the rest of the world. world more than job and economic stability.

Health is the first and only thing that I wish that all Safari workers like the rest of the brands have been safe and sound. Life is worth more than all the perishable goods in this world.

I do not want anyone in this world to have the COVID-19 because I understand that no one deserves it, it is a disease that I do not want even my worst enemy and obviously neither the people I love, such as the members of Safari and other brands. dinosaur toys and not surprisingly no forum member among others. DTF members, companies, and people who work on toy dinosaur brands make up one big family.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Boy, that news about Safari has apparently got me really worried, because I actually had a dream last night that they updated their homepage to thank everybody for the sudden surge in orders for dinosaur figures!  :-\

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Flaffy on April 21, 2020, 03:52:34 AM
I'd love to support them directly, however they only ship within the US.

Yes, same Problem here.

Everyone is kind of right with their Idea of Supporting. Everyone has different Life Circumstances. If i had the Money and had just placed an Order a few Weeks ago, i would order again (And live in die US, of course.).

It's not that "I already supported them" thinking in my Head, because this is a special Situation for Everyone. And if i look into the Future, i would be really, really sad, if there would be no Safari at all, or a broken Company that has to cut back in e.g. Quality or the amout of Figures. I would, if i could. And Everyone does their Support they can and want to give.

And, tbh. i have absolutely no Idea, how big these Companies are. Before i read alot from Rebor here, i thought they have to be quite a few People. But i always forget, that only a small amount of People is into Dinosaur Toys. And Children.

TaranUlas

I got that email a week ago and I have to admit that it does make me genuinely worry about them as a company. I made a very large order this week as a result and I'm hopeful that I can make some big orders these next couple of weeks (we have the resources for this and to be honest, I've held off on getting dinosaur figures for a couple of months. As a result, I have a bit of a base that I can use.)

I do not want to see Safari go, they've been around since I was a kid and I've always loved their figures (Even if I'm still mad at younger me for not getting a Miragaia when I had the chance. WHY DID YOU FAIL ME... ME?)

stargatedalek

Their direct shipping to Canada is prohibitively expensive, but I've ordered a lot of Safari fairly recently from a more local store that is selling online. I wasn't planning on ordering more right away but I suppose I might just given this.

Takama

I never really Bought anything from there Online Store, However, I boght there products Via Avalanche Brands on amazon, which i think is linked to Safari in some way.

If they go the way of Say Invicta Plastics, i will be Devestated. and i been collecting there modern wildlife like Crazy these last 7 years or so.

I Currently cannot afford to place a large order from them right now.   Strangly when i go to there website, when you go to an empty cart, it says, "please spend $15 or more to proceed to Checkout". So there Desperate for our buisness.   :'(

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've ordered just about everything i have some interest in. Not sure what else to do.

terrorchicken

I wonder how the pandemic will affect the figure companies in the next couple years as far as future releases? Personally I wouldn't mind if a couple of them had an "off year" and not release anything new as I have been unable to keep up with all the new figures due to lack of funds and it would help me catch up and probably help many who are cash strapped right now focus on more essential stuff.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 23, 2020, 07:32:38 PM
I wonder how the pandemic will affect the figure companies in the next couple years as far as future releases? Personally I wouldn't mind if a couple of them had an "off year" and not release anything new as I have been unable to keep up with all the new figures due to lack of funds and it would help me catch up and probably help many who are cash strapped right now focus on more essential stuff.

I honestly would prefer that to happen without the toy dinosaur brands going bankrupt economically. It would be a relief for my economy and it would serve to accentuate my "war economy" which I have already been implementing for a year and that was coming a very serious economic crisis before the pandemic. The DTF newspaper archive testifies to this in my statements and I know that I was not mistaken. With or without coronavirus, I saw the economy very badly on a global level without anyone telling me, and unfortunately that presentiment accompanied by the news that I read between the lines has confirmed that unfortunately I was right and I know that it was not pessimism or defeatism was the truth.

japfeif

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2020, 06:18:14 AM
I've ordered just about everything i have some interest in. Not sure what else to do.

Same here.....Safari is one of the best dino figure manufacturers out there and I'd hate if they had to fold or take an indefinite sabbatical because of this COVID-19 crisis.
I recently purchased every one of their new 2020 prehistoric figures (Concavenator just arrived last week!) and hope that they are able to keep afloat and weather this so we can look forward to all the awesome figures in 2021!

The Edmontosaurus and Deinonychus are the ones I'm most excited about, so I ordered those from them last night. I'm glad they're not on Amazon yet, I might've been tempted to buy them there. This way more of my money goes directly to Safari.

Jose S.M.

I was hoping to get them  from amazon to get only one or two with free shipping because you have to spend $50 to get free shipping directly with them and with the current situation you think more about your finances, but at the same time I havent been spending in things like going out to dinner and movies so I have been saving that money so I decided to help them directly today and just ordered Edmontosaurus, Deinonychus, Pachycephalosaurus and Concavenator, they had a pretty good discount too for the earth month! I ended up saving like $18 and got  discount code to use in two weeks which I probably wont use but it was a nice detail.

mgaguilar

Hey all! If you haven't already, pick up the Deinonychus! It has amazing texture, coloration, paint application. And it looks great paired with the Velociraptor. I must say that it does have a far superior factory paint application in comparison to the Velociraptor.

Shonisaurus

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar I congratulate you on your new acquisition. True, the Safari deinonychus is one of the best paleoartistic representations of feathered toy dinosaurs. Doug has made that dinosaur perfect especially with that realistic closed mouth and lip effect.

Halichoeres

I doubt Safari's at any risk of actually going under. My guess is that they're trying to avoid laying off workers, they strike me as that sort of company.

Meanwhile, the founder of Amazon has increased his net worth by tens of billions of dollars since the pandemic hit the United States. I know whom I want to support.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2020, 04:12:19 PM
I doubt Safari's at any risk of actually going under. My guess is that they're trying to avoid laying off workers, they strike me as that sort of company.

Meanwhile, the founder of Amazon has increased his net worth by tens of billions of dollars since the pandemic hit the United States. I know whom I want to support.

My greatest wish is that it be so and that all the jobs of Safari, Amazon and the rest of brands and companies in the various commercial fields are fortunately maintained and that they are fake news of an economic crisis such as that of 2008 or the 1929. I think it is sensationalism by the national and international press. Hopefully he is right and everything ends up being resolved positively.

DragonRider02

If Anyone still looks for Deinonychus or Quinzhousaurus, I really want to get rid of the second pair I got because of shipping mistake. I can sell 'em for half of their price, just to get rid of them.

My order came!  ;D

My Deinonychus is strangely without pupils though. An oddly sloppy mistake considering how well the rest of it is painted. Oh well. It should be an easy fix even for a repainting noob like myself.

Shonisaurus

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 I am very sorry about the error of Safari deinonychus and quinzhousaurus, I hope you can sell these figures that can alleviate the shipping error.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus I congratulate you on your awesome edmontosaurus and Safari deinonychus. I'm sorry about the Safari deinonychus but the pupil problem can be fixed as you say.

SidB

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus , you now are definitely in solidarity with so many teachers who have a "pupil" problem   :)).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: