News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

QuoteWe're Moving! 🚚
Dearest SafariFans, we are so excited to announce that we're moving! 🎉 After 38 happy years headquartered in Miami, FL, we are moving the Safari Ltd family to Jacksonville, FL. 

🏡 What does this mean for you?

We will continue to offer outstanding service and products from our new home! In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding as we move our company and employees, many of which have families relocating.

📦 Please note, that during this move, we will not be shipping orders placed after 3:30pm EST August 10th – Aug 16th.

Orders placed during that time are currently expected to begin being processed on August 17th.

To avoid these delays, Order Now! You can also take advantage of our Back to School Sale!

Halichoeres

Considering they're moving to a whole new city that seems like a pretty brief delay.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

It sounds like a massive upheaval for them and their staff.

Shonisaurus

That is a clear sign that the dinosaur and other prehistoric animal news of Safari for the year 2021 will be slowed down as already announced in another DTF post.

Halichoeres

Putting this here for reference, since they're supposed to be released by Christmas: new figures for the Dino Dana TV show: https://www.toynews-online.biz/2020/08/17/conservation-focused-toy-brand-safari-ltd-named-new-partner-for-dino-dana/

H/t avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Dinoxels

Good point, they technically are 2020 figures.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Loon

Makes me wonder if they'll have a different sculptor working on these. I imagine Doug Watson's probably already busy as is, so I think it makes sense to have someone else tackle these.

Dinoxels

In a dream world they would be sculpted by Forrest Rogers. But that is highly unlikely.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Loon on August 30, 2020, 09:12:42 PM
Makes me wonder if they'll have a different sculptor working on these. I imagine Doug Watson's probably already busy as is, so I think it makes sense to have someone else tackle these.

Yeah I wonder that too, I wouldn't be really surprised if these figures are lower in quality (at least for Safari's usual accuracy and detail standards) than what we are used to from them. Maybe simpler sculpts, less skin detailing, that's no saying they will be plain or bad, but maybe a bit different, we'll see soo I guess.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think they'll be made to the same standards we have come to expect from Safari.  The wording of the article makes it feel like this partnership is rooted in Safari's reputation for high-quality dinosaur toys. It is interesting though that the branding is based on the spin-off as opposed to the original Dino Dan.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm thinking they will just release new figures, same detail level, using paint schemes from the show as a tie in.

CityRaptor

Could be repaints and some new molds.

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 31, 2020, 01:03:06 AM
It is interesting though that the branding is based on the spin-off as opposed to the original Dino Dan.

Seems a logical choice, given that it is the current series.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dinoxels on August 30, 2020, 04:26:55 PM
Good point, they technically are 2020 figures.

Some of their 2021 releases will likely be available by Christmas, too, so *shrug*

Anyway, thanks again for bringing this news to our attention.

Takama

I think they'll be made to the same standards we have come to expect from Safari.  The wording of the article makes it feel like this partnership is rooted in Safari's reputation for high-quality dinosaur toys. It is interesting though that the branding is based on the spin-off as opposed to the original Dino Dan.

Well Geoworld was responsible for makeing Dino Dan Branded Products, that were basicaly Repaints of there alredy pre exsiting Jurassic Action, and Jurassic Hunters Figures.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on September 06, 2020, 12:11:17 AM

Well Geoworld was responsible for makeing Dino Dan Branded Products, that were basicaly Repaints of there alredy pre exsiting Jurassic Action, and Jurassic Hunters Figures.

Well, that's a low bar to clear.

Shonisaurus

We will have to wait for new news about Safari and especially to see photographs of the prototypes, until then they will only be speculations, I understand that we should not anticipate rumors so that in this way, already clear doubts, we can make a more objective criticism of the figures that are they will be marketed by the Safari brand.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Only a month or so until the October reveals!
I can't wait to see what they'll be offering us.  :D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 10, 2020, 03:43:05 PM
Only a month or so until the October reveals!
I can't wait to see what they'll be offering us.  :D

I hope that this year or next Safari will make a paraceratherium to accompany my iToy figure or maybe ... a shonisaurus my favorite prehistoric marine reptile. Or maybe a tsintaosaurus or maybe a non-tyrannosaurus rex tyrannosauroid finally at an acceptable size.

I can't wait for October either, I don't know what's coming.

Jose S.M.

I have a question regarding the Concavenator and since it's a 2020 figure this is probably the best place to do it I guess. Is about it's skull, it looks to me different than most of other figures I've seen I don't know if it's because it's mouth is closed or what, so how accurate it is?

Dinoxels

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 07, 2020, 02:07:53 PM
I have a question regarding the Concavenator and since it's a 2020 figure this is probably the best place to do it I guess. Is about it's skull, it looks to me different than most of other figures I've seen I don't know if it's because it's mouth is closed or what, so how accurate it is?
It isn't that accurate, the head is far too Allosaur like and slightly too triangle-like in shape.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: