News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Art: Summer Camp Begins!

Started by Loon, October 07, 2019, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Quote from: Gwangi on October 12, 2019, 12:54:39 AM
Well alright then, excuse my ignorance.

Hopefully I didn't come off as harsh, if I did, I'm sorry about that.

Loon

Figured I'd share this, a WIP: Savage Strike Estemmenosuchus. This guy's proving to be quite a challenge, since I know next to nothing about therapsids.

This has also made me understand the style for these Mattel designs, very early 2000's paleoart, and 80's/90's look with some modern detail. I'm thinking if adding some slight patches of fur maybe, let me know what you think.

Here's a potential color scheme, but nothing's set in stone yet:

Loon

Well, this was finished faster than I thought...

Estemmenosuchus (Savage Strike)
This guy's heavily inspired by the line's other non-human synapsid, Dimetrodon.

I also tried to give it a more wrinkly, mammal-like skin like the known skin impressions. A hairless hamster and bear were my muses.

Loon

Another teaser:

This one still needs to revised quite a bit.

Kotori_Sonoda

Wow that Estemmenosuchus looks great!
Daresay better than Kenner's previous attempt.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Shonisaurus

Estemmenosuchus is one of the coolest mammalian reptiles. I hope it materializes in Mattel figures soon.

MLMjp

Quote from: Loon on October 13, 2019, 06:44:55 AM
Another teaser:
This one still needs to revised quite a bit.
I would buy that one in a heartbeat!

Loon

Acrocanthosaurus (Extreme Chompin')
Yeah, yeah, the colors are like the Carnotaurus, I know.

Killekor

That Acrocanthosaurus it's really great! I would certainly buy one instantly if it was produced! Congratulations for your superb artwork!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Papi-Anon

Quote from: Killekor on October 14, 2019, 02:26:22 PM
That Acrocanthosaurus it's really great! I would certainly buy one instantly if it was produced! Congratulations for your superb artwork!

Killekor

Seconded. I have the Bataat electronic Acro but the sculpt is rather soft compared to Mattel's FK line.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

MLMjp

Loon

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Figured, while I'm posting, I'd show off a few WIPs.

Tylosaurus (WIP)
This guy's still early on, I'm still not even sure what size she's supposed to be.

Cearadactylus (WIP)
This one's a little further along, though it still needs plenty of revising. I tried out a more "exotic" color scheme on this one, but that'll probably change.

Brocc21

Quote from: Loon on October 14, 2019, 06:59:13 AM
Acrocanthosaurus (Extreme Chompin')
Yeah, yeah, the colors are like the Carnotaurus, I know.

ILL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: Loon on October 14, 2019, 10:49:26 PM
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Figured, while I'm posting, I'd show off a few WIPs.

Tylosaurus (WIP)
This guy's still early on, I'm still not even sure what size she's supposed to be.

Cearadactylus (WIP)
This one's a little further along, though it still needs plenty of revising. I tried out a more "exotic" color scheme on this one, but that'll probably change.

Cool!
We do need some more aquatic animals in the JW lines.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Loon

Taking a break from the reptilian WIPs, here's an early look at my personal hero and new scale assistant:

Loon

Senpai is done.

Dennis Nedry (Legacy Collection)
Humans are not my strong spot.

Halichoeres

I've always wished there were a JP/JW Cearadactylus toy, because I loved that scene in the book. I would for sure buy that one. Also, I don't usually collect humans, but if I were going to, it would definitely be Nedry.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

Unless they bring back the humans for Jurassic World 3 I don't think we have that much of a change of getting a 3 3/4 inch Nedry. For now.

Loon

Kentrosaurus WIP:
Colors are still rough, and the lines need to be smoothed out. But this is near done.

Loon

Here's a concept for a Dinotopia inspired Styracosaurus I did:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: