News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 19, 2012, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: Horridus on March 19, 2012, 09:33:19 PM
The Ultimate Dinosaur Book has some that depict JUST plants. Obviously it's from the 1990s but still relevant. I should scan them for you.
Ah, that would be so kind! Thank you!

Quote from: stoneage on March 19, 2012, 09:41:46 PM
The book "Prehistoric Life" has quite a lot of information about prehistoric plants from different time periods along with illustrations.
Do you have the author's name, John? :)

David Burnie - Dorling Kindersley  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/prehistoric-life-dk-publishing/1018819281

Himmapaan

brontodocus

I'd like to recommend that book, too! I've just seen it on amazon.uk for as little as £19.50! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

I shall put it on my wishlist forthwith!

KeU

Yeah, getting to see many pieces of work.
A couple I have never seen before...

Weaver

So Niroot, when is your book of dinosaur illustrations hitting the presses? ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Weaver on March 25, 2012, 11:18:25 PM

Exactly what I'm curious about. :)

Himmapaan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 01:39:18 AM

Hehe, I don't know about a formally commissioned book, but I'm certainly considering the idea of perhaps self-publishing a collection of these drawings. The forum will be the first to know if such a thing comes to fruition, I promise.  ;D

By the way, I decided to change the thread name to that of my saurian blog (see signature). Whilst I love the Austen quote of the original thread and still regard it as apt for my work on the whole, I think the incongruity for most dino folk is probably too puzzling. Besides, new forum and everything... ;) I was going to mention it the next time I posted more work, but now there are new comments.  ;D So I'm sorry for any confusion (not one most people haven't been able to work out, I'm sure...).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 26, 2012, 02:02:00 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 01:39:18 AM

Hehe, I don't know about a formally commissioned book, but I'm certainly considering the idea of perhaps self-publishing a collection of these drawings. The forum will be the first to know if such a thing comes to fruition, I promise.  ;D

By the way, I decided to change the thread name to that of my saurian blog (see signature). Whilst I love the Austen quote of the original thread and still regard it as apt for my work on the whole, I think the incongruity for most dino folk is probably too puzzling. Besides, new forum and everything... ;) I was going to mention it the next time I posted more work, but now there are new comments.  ;D So I'm sorry for any confusion (not one most people haven't been able to work out, I'm sure...).

I guess your going to keep hearing it until something is actually there..lol

You know I think it would be cool to see your take on some mini-stories.. ala Delgado's AoR series. Maybe just a page or two long. Eventually you could put them into a book. ;)

Himmapaan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 02:48:38 AMI guess your going to keep hearing it until something is actually there..lol
You're one of the few people who actually want a book full of silly dinos, Chris, so I'm always very touched by your continued enthusiasm!  ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 02:48:38 AMYou know I think it would be cool to see your take on some mini-stories.. ala Delgado's AoR series. Maybe just a page or two long. Eventually you could put them into a book. ;)
Well, you may remember my tentatively musing on that very idea over on V.1...  Especially as I've grown very fond of little Gibran (the Olorotitan infant). It will be near impossible to come up with anything remotely new in terms of themes though.

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 26, 2012, 03:13:52 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 02:48:38 AMI guess your going to keep hearing it until something is actually there..lol
You're one of the few people who actually want a book full of silly dinos, Chris, so I'm always very touched by your continued enthusiasm!  ;D
I don't think it would be silly at all! And I also don't think the few people who would want that would really be that few... actually I believe you could be quite successful when you publish your artwork in a book. ;) :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Weaver

Quote from: brontodocus on March 26, 2012, 07:57:46 AM
I don't think it would be silly at all! And I also don't think the few people who would want that would really be that few... actually I believe you could be quite successful when you publish your artwork in a book. ;) :)

Oh heck, Brontodocus is right: Not a few. Nope. More like the entire forum and others would want a copy. I know I would like to see it in a few museum gift-shops personally. I'd even buy it if it were a silly childrens' book. You're constantly impressing me with both your dinosaurs and non-dino themed artwork. I'd even shell out money for a field-guide sketchbook-type of book. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 02:48:38 AMYou know I think it would be cool to see your take on some mini-stories.. ala Delgado's AoR series. Maybe just a page or two long. Eventually you could put them into a book. ;)
Well, you may remember my tentatively musing on that very idea over on V.1...  Especially as I've grown very fond of little Gibran (the Olorotitan infant). It will be near impossible to come up with anything remotely new in terms of themes though.

Well there you go..there are more than a few interested. ;D 

The Olorotitan story would be great ! You've come up with Dino versions of many of your friends here..perhaps take some of their stories and base them in prehistoric times ?   hehe !  ....with your art I don't see a problem rehashing some old themes with dinosaurs ..heck we could even help come up with something here if you want...make it another forum-based project ?  I bet you could even get our great founder to write up a foreword for you.. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2012, 08:37:25 AM
Quote from: brontodocus on March 26, 2012, 07:57:46 AM

Oh heck, Brontodocus is right: Not a few. Nope. More like the entire forum and others would want a copy. I know I would like to see it in a few museum gift-shops personally. I'd even buy it if it were a silly childrens' book. You're constantly impressing me with both your dinosaurs and non-dino themed artwork. I'd even shell out money for a field-guide sketchbook-type of book.

NOT a few ;D!!!

dutchdinolover

Stunning! I would be interested for sure when you desided to gather them in a book  ;)

0onarcissisto0

Hahahahaha, Niroot, I absolutely love that Brachiosaurus that fends off predators with sheer awesomeness.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Himmapaan

Thank you so much for all your enthusiasm for this (yet unborn) book!

Jeb, thank you; that's one of my personal favourites, too.

Just a small sketch of a Tenontosaurus (or 'Teanantosaurus', to be precise) included in a note.   

Please visit this blog entry if you'd like to find out more.  :)

Gryphoceratops

I love the life your drawings take on.  Truly lovely.

Arioch

That´s really cool. ^-^ Although it was most likely bipedal, I dont think that posture would be unachievable...

Himmapaan

Thank you both! Oh, dear, when did Tenontosaurus become bipedal without my notice now?  :P ;D

Hmm, what have we here?

I had hoped to just share this one when it was completed, but having got this far, I grew rather excited.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: