News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

D @daspletosaurus So one of Papo's dinosaurs is the chilesaurus? I would almost be interested much more than the Malagasy theropod masiakasaurus.

Killekor

Quote from: daspletosaurus on December 12, 2019, 09:03:40 AM
Chilesaurus, Giganotosaurus, stygimoloch, repaint parasaurolophus and velociraptor
Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 12, 2019, 09:08:55 AM
If there was any species that literally no one would predict Papo producing (and Papo producing *first* out of everyone) it would be Chilesaurus. And yet here we are. Other than the broken wrists it doesn't look half bad.

I'm pretty meh on everything else, though that is a really nice repaint of the feathered raptor.

D @daspletosaurus avatar_Brontozaurus @Brontozaurus do you have some news and/or photos of Papo's upcoming figures that we don't have? If you have some photos, could you show them to us, or could you send me a Pm with them  ;)? Thanks in advance!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

daspletosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 12, 2019, 09:12:14 AM
D @daspletosaurus So one of Papo's dinosaurs is the chilesaurus? I would almost be interested much more than the Malagasy theropod masiakasaurus.
Check everything dinosaur fb

daspletosaurus

Quote from: Killekor on December 12, 2019, 09:28:07 AM
Quote from: daspletosaurus on December 12, 2019, 09:03:40 AM
Chilesaurus, Giganotosaurus, stygimoloch, repaint parasaurolophus and velociraptor
If there was any species that literally no one would predict Papo producing (and Papo producing *first* out of everyone) it would be Chilesaurus. And yet here we are. Other than the broken wrists it doesn't look half bad.

I'm pretty meh on everything else, though that is a really nice repaint of the feathered raptor.

D @daspletosaurus avatar_Brontozaurus @Brontozaurus do you have some news and/or photos of Papo's upcoming figures that we don't have? If you have some photos, could you show them to us, or could you send me a Pm with them  ;)? Thanks in advance!
Killekor

Szajmin

Found that on facebook group about figurines:

daspletosaurus

Quote from: daspletosaurus on December 12, 2019, 09:33:10 AM
Quote from: Killekor on December 12, 2019, 09:28:07 AM
Quote from: daspletosaurus on December 12, 2019, 09:03:40 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/154141751286381/posts/2806158259418037?d=n&sfns=mo

Killekor

Mirroraptor

Now I can release this image safely. This is what it looks like in a foundry.
To be honest, I was very surprised when I learned that it was not Masiakasaurus but Chilesaurus, because I had never seen the real thing, and the head in the photo was more like Theropod.

Killekor

Thanks for the information Daspletosaurus! Here's the photos:

The long awaited GIGANOTOSAURUS! S @Syndicate Bias I think that you'll be happy to see it!

The Chilesaurus:

The Stygymoloch:

The repainted feathered Velociraptor:

And the repainted Parasaurolophus:

Killekor

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

Killekor

...And here's my thoughts about the new figures:

- Giganotosaurus: Finally, after years and years of hopeful waiting, we have it! It looks really cool! Between all the Giganotosaurus figures available this is certainly the most impressive one! I don't know how accurate is it (certainly more than the adult Schleich one), but I'll certainly buy one when it gets released! When the tease photo was posted I thought it was a Tyrannosaurs mainly for its Jurassic park-like color scheme, so I'm a bit surprised to know that it's a Giganotosaurus. Vote 10/10!

- Chilesaurus: I've honestly never heard of this dinosaur on the forum nor I did know of it until now, so I assume that also Papo is starting to make obscure species for the joy of collectors! It looks great, and the color scheme both in the promotional photo and in the photo that Mirroraptor posted looks amazing! I'll get this one too. Vote 9/10.

[Guess what dinosaur I expect now from Papo, after seeing the Chilesaurus...]
Spoiler

Sinornithosaurus!
[close]
- Stigymoloch: i think that this model's identity is the only one that we've all guessed right. It looks great, and its color scheme is interesting with those shades of green and purple/rose (I'm wrong or all the recent Pachycephalosaur figures have an unusual color scheme?). I'll get this one too. Vote 8,5/10.

- F. Velociraptor (repaint): it's a nice repaint, with a more delicate and better color scheme than the original one, but that seam on the neck is really disturbing. I hope that in the final product it will be less visible. I'll probably get this one too. Vote 7,5/10.

- Parasaurolophus (repaint): nice repaint, although I'm not interested in it. Vote 7/10.

Anyways, what a strong year from Papo! They managed to create some really impressive figures this year. Let's see if they will also release a limited edition Carcharadontosaurus  ;)...

Killekor

PrimevalRaptor

Oh here we go!
Chilesaurus is an unexpected but very welcome addition (would have expected CollectA to do this one first lol) and it looks pretty good! I'm not sure how feasible the pose is with the wrist position and all but the colors are really great (though I think the neck is a bit long? But then again this seems to vary in reconstructions)
The Giganotosaurus looks pretty impressive (and I'm sure lots of people will be glad this guy is finally here) but I don't like the pose at all. Dramatic poses are nice but I'm pretty sure the tail isn't flexible enough in the real animal to do this. A shame since the sculpting is pretty impressive.
Stygimoloch is alright and seems to be greener than the JW one at least.
Aaand the repaints are pretty nice, hoping the feathered Velociraptor turns out nice in the actual product, might grab it then finally. And I love the Parasaurolophus!

Shonisaurus

Wow!!! They look magnificent. Sincerely, Papo's lineup is one of the best in the market this year 2020.

Painted parasaurolophus and velociraptor are superb. The parasaurolophus with those shades of paint gives the figure an unbeatable appearance seems as if it were made by the great Martin Garratt (from which I hope he recovers from his health problems as one of the forum members announced months ago, I hope that is recovered).

The feathered velociraptor of Papo is an art work and far exceeds its previous version, I hope that the prototype of both figures repainted parasaurolophus as feathered velociraptor does not differ much to the figure sold in online stores.

The stygimoloch looks superb too and forgive the members of DTF about the term to which I refer about the figure since I have repeated it but it is a great figure differs greatly from the JW / JP figures by far more scientific is like every work Papo's super-detailed and beautifully sculpted and in a dynamic position that seems to be alive. It is ideal for dioramas. The details of the horns and the dome of the head are great at first glance.

The chilesaurus (I get the impression that it has an articulated jaw) looks beautiful and is an outstanding figure for two reasons, for its sculpture and because it is a new and unpublished figure (at least for me in the toy market) I prefer that figure The masiakasaurus is much darker, on the other hand with those thorns on the shoulders and the spine the colors and the dynamic sculpture is unmatched.

And finally, a Papo giganotosaurus !!! with articulated jaw, the figure is conservative in the painting reminds me slightly in his pose and painting the Schleich tyrannosaurus made in 1996 but with the difference that is much more detailed, very well sculpted and very dynamic, for me it is brutal I guess They have done it tripod to prevent him from having clown feet. The posture is dynamic but can not, very differentiated and detailed teeth, arms in attack and with very detailed claws especially the largest claw, as all the figures of Papo is very detailed details of the head gives The idea that he is a member of the Carcharodontisaurus family, the tail could have been longer but in general a brutal figure I repeat and it is a beauty, but taking into account Papo's philosophy and his artistic license is an outstanding figure, he will make very good couple with Papo therizinosaurus, perhaps the only thing I put in the wrong is that the figure has a somewhat humanized pose with that posture but is typical of Papo repeat's philosophy and its own artistic license that I respect and love.

Honestly this is one of Papo's best years, next year, finally a giganotosaurus !!! Thanks Papo !!! on the other hand a new unpublished dinosaurs a chilesaurus. I am very happy with the new lineup.

My notes of the repainted parasaurolophus and feathered velociraptor is 10/10.

My notes on stygimoloch, giganotosaurus and chilesaurus is 10/10. Magnificent cast of figures and hopefully make a carcharodontosaurus as stated by our beloved member of DTF Killekor.

DragonRider02

Oh boy... That Giganotosaurus' pose look simply terrible! Its so weird! I always liked Papo's dynamic poses, even if they were slightly unnatural. I really love their Cryolophosaurus which has similar stance, it's one of my fav figures, but that Giga... It looks like somebody took an Overall accurate reconstruction of Giga and forced it into a retro tail-dragging pose. Or tried to reconstruct it like a Therizinosaur. It's a shame, becouse the sculpt of the head is really nice.

The Chilesaurus is also quite weird figure, but in more positive way. I quite like it, it's so colorful. I only wish it was in bipedal pose. Gonna pick it up when it's avaiable.

The repainted Parasaurolophus is really beautiful! Might get it. And the Velociraptor would probably make an amazing male/female pair with the Old one. I actually don't know which should I get, as I am still missing the original one!

Piltdown 龍

The giganotosaurus is apparently fond of ballroom dancing  ;D 
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Flaffy

Yikes, what in the world do we have here.

Chilesaurus: The arms seem to be too big and bulky, similar problem seen on the ceratosaurus. And the tail looks to be a bit short (could be the angle). The toes look much too thick, and the short length of said toes isn't doing it any favours as well.
Now for the pose... it's hideous, as per usual with Papo. Would've greatly preferred a biped, or even a tripod pose for this one. The arm being forcibly stuck to the ground makes for an incredibly awkward and unnatural stance.

Glad that someone finally made this obscure and bizarre species. The colours are vibrant and nice to look at, and the detailing is superb as expected form Papo. Just wish the execution of the figure was better, the pose highlights all the inaccuracies of the sculpt.
Hopefully the in hand products will look better than these promo pics, but I'm not holding my breath.

The stygimoloch is nice so far, looking forward to seeing more of him.

SidB

Sob, didn't get my hoped for Triceratops repaint, again! but really like the Stygimoloch.

Jose S.M.

Nothing for me here sadly. I would have gotten the Chilesaurus if it wasn't in that pose and the arms look to me like those from a quadrupedal animal, also I always have envisioned feathered I don't know why. But I'm glad the people asking for a Giga from Papo already have one!

Shonisaurus

The chilesaurus I see quite realistic and even scientific to judge by the illustration of an Argentine newspaper when this dinosaur discovery was discovered, I pass the link,

https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/nene-siete-anos-descubrio-extrano-tipo-dinosaurio-chilesaurus-diegosuarezi_0_HyZ6eotDQl.html

Except for the barbed additions on the shoulders and loin the rest is quite similar.

suspsy

Both the repaints look very chic, especially the Parasaurolophus.

The Chilesaurus is a neat choice of genus, although that pose certainly is odd.

The Stygimoloch looks decent enough. Be interesting to see a size comparison with the Pachycephalosaurus.

I'm happy for all those who have been pining for Giganotosaurus, but I don't really understand the upright pose. I guess to make it look bigger, but it comes off as awkward.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

jean

I hope the giganotosaurus is not a final product , since Papo is releasing only after mid year . Hopefully Papo sees our comments and bend the giga a little bit more horizontal for the final production

Appalachiosaurus

Chilesaurus looks great! Might pick it up depending on the price and size. The repaints are also fantastic, but I very much doubt the quality will make it to the factory version. Easy pass on the others though, while I'm glad Giga fans finally get their wish I'm kind of burnt out on megatheropods and I already have more Stygimoloch toys then I'll ever need.

Quote from: jean on December 12, 2019, 01:36:16 PM
I hope the giganotosaurus is not a final product , since Papo is releasing only after mid year . Hopefully Papo sees our comments and bend the giga a little bit more horizontal for the final production

Don't get your hopes up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: