You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pheaston attempts paleoart (UPDATE September 2015: 5 new pieces)

Started by pheaston, September 14, 2012, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumo

Beautiful! :D (Pointless one word comment, but... well, what else is there to say?)
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Balaur

That's a nice fuzzy T.rex. I love feathers on my dinosaurs! ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

This furthers my desire to see a big replica of an Alamosaurus ..great detail and I love the spines !

ITdactyl

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2013, 04:32:45 PM
This furthers my desire to see a big replica of an Alamosaurus ..great detail and I love the spines !

Agreed!  Now, where to get a 1/72 Alamosaurus.... ugh....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on July 07, 2013, 11:58:27 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2013, 04:32:45 PM

1:72 ? I think 1:40 would be better.. ;D

Everything_Dinosaur

ITdactyl

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2013, 05:30:53 PM

True that... but my cretaceous collection's in the 1/72 scale and I'm just missing a representation of that great sauropod.  wish I had the sculpting skills, with this line art as inspiration.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on July 13, 2013, 05:00:11 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2013, 05:30:53 PM

True that... but my cretaceous collection's in the 1/72 scale and I'm just missing a representation of that great sauropod.  wish I had the sculpting skills, with this line art as inspiration.

Krentz has one is 1:144 but I couldn't find a 1:72 ..I'd say David could make his available in that  size at some point.

pheaston

Well, it's been a while, but I just finished a sketch and also forgot to share a few from earlier, so here ya go.

Neovenator, pencil on bristol

Uteodon, pen and ink and white china marker on toned paper

Parasaurolophus, Steadtler Triplus fineliners and watercolor in hand.book watercolor sketchbook
[url=https://flic.kr/p/ibP8q5]

Saurolophus, pen and ink on bristol

Arul

Beautiful  :)

Manatee

I love the fluffy Neovenator! They are all truly beautiful, and loving hadrosaurs like me makes them even better.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Neovenator has awesome texture..I love the look of the hadrosaurs too. :)

Dinomike

Wow! Your illustrations are really beautiful and well crafted! I love them!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

fabricious

I really enjoy your drawings. Your pencil strokes and choice of texture are just great! Can't wait to see more!

Quen

Everything_Dinosaur

triceratops83

These belong in a textbook, very naturalistic. And you capture perfectly a kind of peacefulness on their expressions.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

A.Garcia

Paul, your artwork is excellent. I've admired it before but hadn't seen the topic here or these more recent updates. It's enjoyable seeing dinosaurs depicted with different shading, textures, and media. Your beautiful results are a good incentive for someone like me to start sketching more (and hopefully improve).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: