News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

That moment you realize the unlicensed Echo is more accurate then the licensed one. These are not bad either for what they are. I wonder how these would look with Rebor's rexes (same scale right?), and how much these would go for too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 25, 2020, 08:38:27 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 25, 2020, 06:43:40 PM
Nanmu Studio velociraptors do not appear to have an articulated jaw. It gives the impression that they are smaller figures than Rebor's. Where can you access the facebook link? I am interested in seeing that news.

Rebor's are not 1/35 and so, much bigger, the Nanmu ones will be truly scaled, so probably smaller than the Papo's.

Rebor's are closer to Mattel's in terms of scale.

Quote from: Faelrin on April 26, 2020, 01:20:03 AM
That moment you realize the unlicensed Echo is more accurate then the licensed one. These are not bad either for what they are. I wonder how these would look with Rebor's rexes (same scale right?), and how much these would go for too.

Right? Why can't Mattel get these patterns correct? I don't have one coherent paint scheme for the raptor squad lol

I think REBOR's Queen Rex is the same scale.   Being so small, I'm expecting them to be fairly affordable, probably they will offer a deal for sets.

Shonisaurus

Loon

This may show my ignorance, but is the Nanmu Tyrannosaurus specifically JP or JW? I can't see the scars on the neck that would be present on the JW Tyrannosaurus, but the neck seems a little to thin to be JP.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on April 27, 2020, 12:11:36 AM
This may show my ignorance, but is the Nanmu Tyrannosaurus specifically JP or JW? I can't see the scars on the neck that would be present on the JW Tyrannosaurus, but the neck seems a little to thin to be JP.

From what I have gleaned from other top tier? JP fans, Nanmu uses files/scans that can be purchased and works from those as in the Apatosaurus, they had a head/neck from the files but no body, so they scanned a Sideshow Apatosaurus to get one. 

This Rex, is mainly the Jurassic Park/Lost World female model. It has been adjusted a bit, it seems to have no basis from the Male/Buck Tyrannosaur ( other than color ) or the Jurassic World Rex.  That said is one of if not the most accurate mass produced model made thus far.

Recall, as recently explained in one of Klayton Fioriti's videos the original JP Rex was actually three different creations or more with slight differences.

Shonisaurus

Well if it is the female model of tyrannosaurus rex the Alpha model from Nanmu Studio will make a nice match with the tyrannosaurus from Rebor although I think that in this case the tyrannosaurus from Nanmu are a little bigger (it is a personal appreciation).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 27, 2020, 11:37:22 AM
Well if it is the female model of tyrannosaurus rex the Alpha model from Nanmu Studio will make a nice match with the tyrannosaurus from Rebor although I think that in this case the tyrannosaurus from Nanmu are a little bigger (it is a personal appreciation).

Both Rebo and Nanmu's are female. The Nanmu Rex has an upright posture making look taller, but I think the scale is the same.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana toys posted this up :

Dear Customer,
Affected by the epidemic, international shipping cost has risen sharply, especially to the United States, the shipping cost for the two main shipping methods(SpeedPAK and ePacket) increased almost 200% than before.
Therefore, we are very sorry that we have to raise the shipping cost.(Especially to the United States)
If the shipping cost(Especially to the United States) has been restored to the original price when we ship the pre-ordered item, we will refund the price difference. (Apply to buyers in the United States who bought Nanmu Mosasaurus, Nanmu Tyrannosaurus Rex and W-Dragon Brachiosaurus from today)
If the shipping cost(Especially to the United States) is still unchanged, we need to charge the price difference we ship the pre-ordered item.(Apply to buyers in the United States who bought Nanmu Mosasaurus, Nanmu Tyrannosaurus Rex and W-Dragon Brachiosaurus before today)
If you are unwilling to pay for the price difference, we also very understand, we can make a full refund at any time.
Now is a very difficult period, hope your understanding.
In order to provide the most favorable price as far as possible, we suggest that you could go to our New Online Store to order the figures, the price will be lower. If you are willing to go to New Online Store to buy the figures, we can cancel your eBay order.
New Online Store Link(In the profile): www.lanatime-shop.com
As our New Online Store is newly launch, we still haven't listed all our figures out, we will list them out ASAP. If you couldn't find the figures you want to order in New Online Store please feel free to contact us, we will list them ASAP.
Thank you!

Loon

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on April 28, 2020, 08:28:44 PM
BigBadToyStore is now stocking the entire line!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Company=1128

Yeah, with the Mosasaur and the Spinosaurus both $30 cheaper than Dan's Dinosaurs after shipping... I literally pre-ordered my Mosasaur at Dan's yesterday, and they take their money at the time of order, with no easy way to cancel...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 29, 2020, 12:33:14 AM
Quote from: Loon on April 28, 2020, 08:28:44 PM
BigBadToyStore is now stocking the entire line!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Company=1128

Yeah, with the Mosasaur and the Spinosaurus both $30 cheaper than Dan's Dinosaurs after shipping... I literally pre-ordered my Mosasaur at Dan's yesterday, and they take their money at the time of order, with no easy way to cancel...

Looks like none of those come with the scaled human figures or art cards, might explain the price difference.

Shadowknight1

The Nanmu Rexes are nice.  Dunno if I'd get it though.  I have the Rebor, though I am getting annoyed at its leaning posture.  The one Nanmu I'm considering is the Allosaurus and I'd like to see a review of it first.  See if the leg looks like it might warp over time.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Syndicate Bias

I'm glad BBTS is securing Nanmu now. Dan has always been a good site for resin kits in particular for me. Although the last kit I bought I actually went to Crecy Models which turned out to be more expensive but loved the fast service.

I hope this means BBTS will also be getting W Dragon figures if they havent already.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 29, 2020, 05:01:39 AM
The Nanmu Rexes are nice.  Dunno if I'd get it though.  I have the Rebor, though I am getting annoyed at its leaning posture.  The one Nanmu I'm considering is the Allosaurus and I'd like to see a review of it first.  See if the leg looks like it might warp over time.

No warping as of yet. I will say the two color variants have a slightly different pose, the JW color scheme leans a bit more than the striped one.

Loon

Finally a good looking Jurassic Park Stegosaurus. Childhood dreams do come true.

mgaguilar

Wow Nanmu has been quite busy as of late. Always good to see constantly new models in the works.

That stegosaurus looks amazing, love the contrast between the sleek and narrow skull and the bulky body.
Really captures that JP aesthetic.

tanystropheus

Quote from: SenSx on March 28, 2020, 01:05:20 AM
I don't know why but I'm not a big fan of the Nanmu Allosaurus.
It's good quality, byt I prefer the sculpts of the W-Dragon and Papo ones.
I think I'll get the W-Dragon one.

W-Dragon and Nanmu almost look identical to me (probably the same level in terms of overall quality); they look good juxtaposed together on shelves. It's great to see Nanmu take some inspiration from Papo in their products (e.g. Apato, Allosaurus).

I would have preferred if they made their Allosaurus JP accurate as it clashes with the rest of that line. They could have dedicated another line to it.

Loon

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 30, 2020, 09:06:29 AM
It's great to see Nanmu take some inspiration from Papo in their products (e.g. Apato, Allosaurus).

Pretty sure the Apatosaurus is more of a direct rip off of the Sideshow version

Shonisaurus

JP / JW-based Nanmu Studio stegosaurus is for me one of the least interesting Nanmu figures. The truth is that this company is prospering economically speaking since they produce in mass every day new dinosaurs of the JP / JW saga, I hope they will make the baryonyx and the brachiosaurus among other figures.

I understand that being the apatosaurus a copy of the Sideshow figure, said brand should claim copyright for plagiarism of his figure but obviously it is his word compared to that of the other brand.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: