News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken Even as I've grown up I've come to appreciate them in a different light. I love how the design incorporates elements from the T. rex depiction in the original King Kong while also coming up with all of these unique additions that are all explained as part of the creature's evolutionary backstory. If they were to say these things were simply a T. rex, I would agree that it was an ugly design, but the fact that they created an entirely new species that pays homage to the creatures of film while also coming up with ideas of how a surviving lineage of dinosaur may have evolved and changed over millions of years makes it an awesome creature design in my eyes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana Toys posted an update on their facebook page.  First batch of the Giganotosaurus will ship at the end of January, cutoff date for that batch is Dec 25th.  After that orders will go into batch two with an April/May release date.

QuoteNanmu 1/35 Giganotosaurus Figure will be available in late January, but the quantity is limited.
The second batch can only be completed in late April or May.
If you would like to order it, we suggest you buy it ASAP. We can send it right after it's available in late January.
If you ordered it after December 25th, we may need to send it to you in April or May.
Thank you!
Price: $77.99(Without Base); $96.99(With Base)
Order Link: https://lanatime-shop.com/.../nanmu-1-35-giganotosaurus...
eBay Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254780968899

Ravager-Lizard-King

Definitely looking forward to the V-rex figure. Kind of wished the model had the arrow-like bump at the end of the tail. Curious if they were following concept art versions of the V-rex instead, based on art of Christian Pearce and Greg Broadmore where the bump on the tail wasn't as prominent, or if they were just trying to avoid legal issues.

I'm also interested in what colors they decide to go with since there seem to be three color variants I've seen of the Vastatosaur. The Greenish/Light Gray variant that appears in the film(depending on lighting of scene), a dark purplish/blue version seen in concept art/maquette/playmates toys, and a dark gray version seen in some of Weta Workshop's products/official game of the movie. Given Nanmu's history of at least two color variants per figure, definitely curious which ones they'll go for.

Greenish

Dark Purple/Blue

Grayish

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't noticed, Everything Dinosaur has just got stock of some Nanmu figures including Carnotaurus, Apatosaurus, and Sinoceratops. With more including "Tyrannosaurus" coming soon.
I was tempted by the Apatosaurus as it was labelled 1:35 but unsurprisingly I checked the measurements and I estimate it as 1:28 scale which is much too large a scale for a large sauropod. I will only by sauropod figures that are 1:35 scale or smaller. So I will be getting the W Dragon Giraffatitan still, but not this behemoth.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on December 26, 2020, 08:38:33 PM
I wish companies like Nanmu or REBOR whould just look into getting the licenses and make official figures.
I wish they focused on making scientifically accurate designs but we all know the chances of that happening

Bread

Quote from: Stolpergeist on December 26, 2020, 08:38:33 PM
I wish companies like Nanmu or REBOR whould just look into getting the licenses and make official figures.
I always wished for that years ago, but instead of Nanmu, it was Papo. I don't know how difficult it is to obtain a license, especially on a popular franchise, but I assume that the toy brand has to be willing to cough up quite a bit of profit or money in order to obtain. Nanmu is killing it at the moment, Rebor and W-Dragon following behind, in terms of JP style dinosaurs.

Carnoking

I can't help but imagine that if they were officially licensed figures then they would cost quite a bit more.

Ikessauro

Also, if these brands were licensed, they would not have the same freedom to do what they do, being obligated to get their designs aproved before production.

stoneage

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 07, 2021, 12:20:17 AM
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't noticed, Everything Dinosaur has just got stock of some Nanmu figures including Carnotaurus, Apatosaurus, and Sinoceratops. With more including "Tyrannosaurus" coming soon.
I was tempted by the Apatosaurus as it was labelled 1:35 but unsurprisingly I checked the measurements and I estimate it as 1:28 scale which is much too large a scale for a large sauropod. I will only by sauropod figures that are 1:35 scale or smaller. So I will be getting the W Dragon Giraffatitan still, but not this behemoth.

I think the Giraffatitan is a better figure anyway.

Over9K

Heads up for anyone that has the Nanmu T.rex on pre-order with BBTS. They have received their inventory (FINALLY!) and are shipping the T.rexes now! It looks like the Apatosaurus has also come in, so if you're waiting for that too, check your email.

One thing of note...

When the rex went up for order, there was a deal that if you bought both the green and the brown together, you got the clear/crystal version for free. BBTS didn't offer that deal, but now, they have the crystal version in stock, for purchase alone, $60 instead of $80 for the colored versions. So if you wanted the crystal rex, but didn't want to buy both colored versions, here's your shot!

Over9K

Finally got my Tyrannosaurs in hand...

Remko

Quote from: stoneage on January 07, 2021, 09:41:34 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 07, 2021, 12:20:17 AM

I think the Giraffatitan is a better figure anyway.

Well, the body of the Nanmu Apatosaurus may be 1:35th, but the head could very well be 1:28.  ;D ;D

But yes, the W-dragon Giraffatitan is absolutely one of the best, if not the best, sauropod figures available. Especially with this price tag, and not in the Sideshow collectibles "I could buy a decent car for that" price range.  8)

KeU

Gah!
Still waiting on BBTS for my Nanmu Rex.
Hit ship when stock came in along with my pile of loot.
Still says shipment is being processed.

Carnoking

What does your photo area setup look like avatar_Over9K @Over9K, your images are always so cool.

Duna

avatar_Over9K @Over9K Ooh, I'm green with envy :D ... Yesterday I ordered my first Nanmu figure, the brown T-Rex which I was looking every week to fall the price down .... so yesterday I finally I saw a very good offer and I decided that that was the Day. My expectations are really high with this figure ... it was this or the PNSO tyrannosaurus and finally, it was quite easy because I don't like the PNSO too oversized scales plus the need of support. I have the Safari T-rex, which is accurate and I really like, and I by now I don't need another accurate figure that I don't like. What I did want was a JP rex. And Nanmu is the best, actually.

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on January 12, 2021, 04:24:26 PM
What does your photo area setup look like avatar_Over9K @Over9K, your images are always so cool.

It's really just my model build-table, lined with black foamcore, and the backdrop is a black foamcore tri-fold. I usually have stuff up on a pedestal, a black Bandai model box bottom, again, lined in the same black foamcore. I use two "Ott-Lights", one on either side, covered in kitchen parchment paper to diffuse the light.

I do adjust brightness, and sometimes punch up the colors, with the MS Photo Viewer's edit function.

Here's a test shot that shows a bit of the shelves on the back of the build table...

I also have a generic blue sky backdrop, that I mostly use with my Kaiju photography...

Over9K

Quote from: Duna on January 12, 2021, 04:37:45 PM
avatar_Over9K @Over9K Ooh, I'm green with envy :D ... Yesterday I ordered my first Nanmu figure, the brown T-Rex which I was looking every week to fall the price down .... so yesterday I finally I saw a very good offer and I decided that that was the Day. My expectations are really high with this figure ... it was this or the PNSO tyrannosaurus and finally, it was quite easy because I don't like the PNSO too oversized scales plus the need of support. I have the Safari T-rex, which is accurate and I really like, and I by now I don't need another accurate figure that I don't like. What I did want was a JP rex. And Nanmu is the best, actually.

You won't be disappointed! These are the best JP/Winston-style T.rex out there!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.