You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Top 10 stegosaurs toys [Poll open]

Started by DinoToyForum, December 27, 2019, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top 10 stegosaur toys of all time

Battat Dacentrurus
Bullyland Stegosaurus (2007)
Carnage Stegosaurus by ReSaurus
Carnegie Miragaia
CollectA Dacentrurus (Deluxe)
CollectA Gigantspinosaurus
CollectA Stegosaurus corpse
Favorite soft model series 1 Stegosaurus
Invicta Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Capsule Q series 6 Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Jurassic Park III Stegosaurus
Kenner, The Lost World, Stegosaurus
Mattel, Jurassic World, Stegosaurus
Papo Stegosaurus
PNSO, Age of Dinosaurs, No.07 Chungkingosaurus
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Chungkingosaurus (with Yangchuanosaurus diorama)
PNSO, Huayangosaurus mini (China Post Figures)
PNSO, Kentrosaurus
PNSO, mini No.009 Miragaia
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, No.14 Stegosaurus (Bieber)
PNSO, Age of the Dinosaurs (mini), Tuojiangosaurus (Rahba)
PNSO Wuerhosaurus
Rebor Stegosaurus (Garden)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2015)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2017)
Schleich, Conquering the Earth, Stegosaurus (2016)
Schleich, mini figure, Stegosaurus (2015)
Sega "Microsaurs" Kentrosaurus
Tyco Kentrosaurus
Tyco Stegosaurus
Vitae Wuerhosaurus
Wild Safari Kentrosaurus
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2008)
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2019)
CollectA, Age of Dinosaurs, Kentrosaurus
Haolonggood Dacentrurus
Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus
Mattel, 2022, Legacy Collection, Dr. Sarah Harding & Stegosaurus Pack (adult and baby Stegosaurus)
Mattel, 2021, Dino Escape, Kentrosaurus (Roar Attack)
Mattel, 2023, Dino Trackers Gigantspinosaurus (Strike Attack)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, Miragaia (Rosana)
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Stegosaurus (Biber & Rook)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, Tuojiangosaurus (Qichuan)

Loon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 27, 2019, 10:57:01 AM
PNSO "Age of Dinosaurs" No.07 Chungkingosaurus
PNSO "Dinosaurs Museum" Chungkingosaurus
PNSO Chungkingosaurus (small, comes with Yangchuanosaurus) [different from above?  C:-)]

The first Chungkingosaurus is a completely different figure, also 3 to 4 times larger than the one that comes with the Yangchuanosaurus.

PNSO "Prehistoric Models" No.14 Stegosaurus
PNSO Stegosaurus (Bieber) [different from above?]
The Stegosaurus "Bieber" is the same as the above. Bieber is No. 14.

stegosauria

There are still a few missing.

Battat Stegosaurus (original and Terra versions)
CollectA Kentrosaurus
CollectA Lexovisaurus
CollectA Miragaia
CollectA Wuerhosaurus (I know these are not the best but they are still quite unique)
CollectA Stegosaurus
CollectA Deluxe Stegosaurus
Schleich Replica-saurus Stegosaurus (2007)
Schleich World of History Stegosaurus (2012)
Carnegie Stegosaurus (for the more nostalgic members and in three colourschemes)
Safari Great Dinosaurs Stegosaurus
Favorite Stegosaurus (series 2)
Kenner Jurassic Park Stegosaurus
Toyway Walking with Dinosaurs Stegosaurus
Toyway Stegosaurus (Natural History Museum)
Wild Republic Stegosaurus (it's cute)
Carnage Stegosaurus (with its vibrant colours it's a really eyecatching specimen)

PNSO produced just one Stegosaurus, Bieber in the middle range. There isn't one among the 48 minis nor the big hollow ones neither the expensive statues.

Okay, the different PNSO Chungkingosaurus and Huayangosaurus figures are really confusing as how they are listed.

There was a mini Huayangosaurus in the China Post set and now the figures in this set are reintroduced in the middle size range except the mini Sinosauropteryx. The middle sized Huayangosaurus was named Luxi.

There was in the original run a 20inches long, hollow giant Chungkingosaurus without name.
There is now the Chungkingosaurus Xiaobei with the Yangchuanosaurus in the 1:35 scale range.

There was also a Huayangosaurus statue in the original run, like PNSO's biggest Mamenchisaurus statue. By Amazon PNSO produced just 200 copies of this resin statue so it isn't really widely known.

There are older Stegosaurus figures from Bullyland and Schleich but probably nobody would vote for them. And probably are the same with Stegosaurus figures from Kleinwelka, AAA or UKRD.

I wouldn't vote for everything I listed but I'd vote for most of them. And I hope I was a little help.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Killekor on December 28, 2019, 06:36:18 PM
Quote from: Loon on December 28, 2019, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: Killekor on December 28, 2019, 06:05:10 PM
A figure which I would surely vote for is the mini Schleich Stegosaurus from 2015.
And I think that also both the CollectA Deluxe and the PNSO Miragaias, the Schleich Mini Kentrosaurus and the Mojo Stegosaurus should be added to the poll.

Killekor

Do you mean the CollectA Deluxe Dacenturus? I'm pretty sure the Miragaia is a standard size figure from them.

avatar_Loon @Loon I meant the Miragaia, but I thought that it was a Deluxe figure. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 28, 2019, 06:16:13 PM
A figure which I would surely vote for is the mini Schleich Stegosaurus from 2015.
And I think that also both the CollectA Deluxe and the PNSO Miragaias, the Schleich Mini Kentrosaurus and the Mojo Stegosaurus should be added to the poll.

Killekor

I'm only shortlisting figures you will actually vote for. The Schleich Stegosaurus is already in the list (2016).  :)

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum I actually meant the Mini figure from 2015:

Killekor

Oh, okay, that's in your top 10 stegosaur toys of all time?

Killekor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 28, 2019, 06:46:07 PM
Quote from: Killekor on December 28, 2019, 06:36:18 PM
Quote from: Loon on December 28, 2019, 06:11:06 PM

Killekor

Do you mean the CollectA Deluxe Dacenturus? I'm pretty sure the Miragaia is a standard size figure from them.

avatar_Loon @Loon I meant the Miragaia, but I thought that it was a Deluxe figure. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 28, 2019, 06:16:13 PM

Killekor

I'm only shortlisting figures you will actually vote for. The Schleich Stegosaurus is already in the list (2016).  :)

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum I actually meant the Mini figure from 2015:

Killekor

Oh, okay, that's in your top 10 stegosaur toys of all time?

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Yes! I really like it because of it's cuteness and color scheme, which I find unusual for a Stegosaur figure (and also appealing).

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

stegosauria

The Rebor Stegosaurus isn't in the list but EverythingDinosaur is actually selling it already and the other online shops will sell it too probably in a short time.

Edit: Sorry I missed it. It's there. There is a reason only the mountain variant is mentioned? I don't think the different variants should be listed in different entries but it's strange just one is mentioned from three variants.

DinoToyForum

stegosauria

Quote from: Loon on December 27, 2019, 07:12:38 PM
Looking at everyone's poll suggestions makes me wish that Stegosaurs received the same amount of diverse releases that Ceratopsians have enjoyed for the past half-decade. Hopefully the more affordable lines start capitalizing on this group more. Dacentrurus, Miragaia (that Carnegie's too hard or find and expensive), and Kentrosaurus are in desperate need of updates.

I second that. Without CollectA and PNSO there would only be 4 figures (Battat Dacentrurus, Carnegie Miragaia, Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus and Vitae Wuerhosaurus) which aren't Stegosaurus or Kentrosaurus. It's a pretty disappointing statistics so I'm glad CollectA and PNSO produce so many stegosaur figures.

I really hope Safari will produce some stegosaur. ANY stegosaur. In the last 12 years they did 2 Stegosaurus models and the unfortunately retired Carnegie Miragaia. They made more sauropods and ornithopods in the same time. It's really time for something new like a Huayangosaurus or a Tuojiangosaurus.

And I hope CollectA will remake its old figures. They really deserve a remake. I don't know if Schleich or Papo could make something really good stegosaur. They could but they could also fail.

Sim

In the last 12 years Safari also made a now retired Kentrosaurus, but it wasn't very good.  I'd also like to see Safari do another stegosaur model, the 2019 Safari Stegosaurus is very good!

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on December 28, 2019, 06:36:33 PM
PNSO "Age of Dinosaurs" No.07 Chungkingosaurus
PNSO "Dinosaurs Museum" Chungkingosaurus
PNSO Chungkingosaurus (small, comes with Yangchuanosaurus) [different from above?  C:-) ]

The first Chungkingosaurus is a completely different figure, also 3 to 4 times larger than the one that comes with the Yangchuanosaurus.
*snip*
*snip*

Additionally, the second and third entries in the quote are both the one in the diorama w/Yangchuanosaurus. I'd personally put 'PNSO Dinosaurs Museum Chungkingosaurus (Yangchuanosaurus diorama)' as the final poll entry. The first entry in the quote is the only one that pertains to the large vinyl figure.

Mirroraptor

There are two versions of SEGA Stegosaurus that I mentioned before. One is a large PVC toy and the other is a small capsure. I think it is necessary to add it to the list.
(Both pictures are from friends in this forum, the PVC Stegosaurus from Mr. Robin.)

suspsy

This is going off-topic, but I'd sure love to see someone produce a toy of Hesperosaurus. Although I imagine a lot of people would look at it and immediately take it for Stegosaurus. Understandably so.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stegosauria

Quote from: Sim on December 28, 2019, 09:22:40 PM
In the last 12 years Safari also made a now retired Kentrosaurus, but it wasn't very good.  I'd also like to see Safari do another stegosaur model, the 2019 Safari Stegosaurus is very good!

I thought the Kentrosaurus was older. In 2013 it was sold on ebay for high price already. I always thought that's the best Kentrosaurus figure (there aren't too many contenders).

From my list can we put into the poll at least the Schleich Stegosaurus from 2007 and 2012 (I think they can go as one entry since the later one was just a dwarfed repaint of the other) and the Carnage Stegosaurus. From Schleich I think these 2 are their best effort still at a stegosaur.

DinoToyForum

avatar_Mirroraptor @Mirroraptor I'll add both if you will vote for both. Will you?

DinoToyForum

Thanks, avatar_Loon @Loon and for avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium , for clarifying re: the PNSO figures. I've updated the list.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2019, 11:43:50 AM
avatar_Mirroraptor @Mirroraptor I'll add both if you will vote for both. Will you?
Yes, It's not an easy task for me to choose the top ten best stegosaurus toys, and they are very good choices as far as I have.

DinoToyForum

Last orders please!  C:-) Before I make the poll, are any stegosaurs toys you want to vote for missing from the list in the first post?

stegosauria

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 31, 2019, 11:23:46 AM
Last orders please!  C:-) Before I make the poll, are any stegosaurs toys you want to vote for missing from the list in the first post?

Can you add the Carnage Stegosaurus ( http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/12/13/stegosaurus-carnage-dinosaurs-by-resaurus/ ) from my original (and really long) post if not any older Schleich figures?

And in the list there is an entry with just PNSO.

DinoToyForum

I added the Carnage Stegosaurus for you. I didn't include all the ones you posted because there were 17, so you couldn't possibly vote for them all. But if you specify which ones will get your vote I will add them.

There is no point in adding options to the poll that nobody will vote for, or that don't have a chance of making the top 10.

stegosauria

Yeah, when I made that list I just wanted some completeness (at least for me was strange that the Battat Dacentrurus is in the list but the Stegosaurus is missing- I know, the poor thing isn't flawless).
And because I have just 10 votes this is why I dropped the 2007-2012 Schleich Stegosaurus- I still think these are good (or at least have some charm in them) but simply there are better stegosaur figures. But the Carnage Stegosaurus from ReSaurus would still be unique in the poll- if nothing else but for its vibrant colours.

ceratopsian

You have "Rebor Stegosaurus (Woodland)" listed.  "Woodland" is actually one of the three variants - they are Woodland, Mountain and something else - Plain, I think.  The nickname of the model (rather than the sundry variants) is "Garden", not "Woodland".  I thought you weren't going to list any of the variants separately?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: