News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: REQXY on January 22, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 22, 2017, 06:59:31 PM
The key word is "flocked!" Here's a set of 6 for sale:

http://www.dinosaurcorporation.com/dinosaurzoo.html
Whoaaa that's it!!!!! Thank you halichoeres! How did you do it?!! I contacted the website but they said they were sold out of that set 😭 And he was not sure where else to find it. But I will keep a look out for them from now on. Thank you for your help!

No problem at all! I searched for "flocked dinosaur Wild Republic."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Has anyone seen this before? Know anything about it?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DinoToyForum

I received the following enquiry via the Dinotoyblog. Anyone have any ideas?

"I was on your website trying to find the name of this dinosaur toy that I had as a kid back in the 90s. I remember I went to an aquarium or museum (I actually don't recall what it was) and ended up buying this small (2-3 inches) triceratops figure. It was greenish/teal in color and when you submerged it in water, the body of the dinosaur would show its bones/skeleton. When the toy dried, the bones would disappear. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Blade-of-the-Moon

The only thing I can think of are pretty much like that description were sold in the early 90's.  I think mine came from kmart?  you could hold them in your hand too and the heat would make the bones appear...they were chunky looking but i cant recall the name. I believe they were similar to dino mites/dino brites ?  http://www.littleweirdos.net/search/label/dino%20mites

Invicta Hunter

It might be the triceratops from the Monster In My Pocket dinosaur toy line. They were out in the 90's plus there were some released that had skeletons that would show up if placed somewhere cold.
Here's a website for more info.

http://www.raumhafen.de/cgi-bin/showp.pl?pic=/galerie/rubber_guys/mimp/cat_dino&titel=Monster%20In%20My%20Pocket%20Secret%20Skeleton%20Dinosaurs

darkosaurus

Hi fellow Dinolovers! I´m kind of new here, you se I was a member in the old forum, like in 2012 and because of life, I wasn't very active on it, lets see if we can change that this second time around.

For my first post I would like to share this little jem of an obscure cereal toy line, I have been triying to find more info on this set, but so far I just found that this toy came inside a breakfast cereal from the 80's, I'm sure we bought a couple of this boxes back then, since I got this 2 difrent figurines. I completely forgot about this toys, and this december 2016 I was doing some cleaning on the house and found them. Nostalgic treasure for sure.

I'll upload the figures for you to se them. I would like to have as many information as posible on this subject, I don't know if I have to build a new topic in the "general board", so I can have more information from the comunity. Any way, the info I got so far is this:

The name of the cereal was "DINERSAURS", it launch in the U.S. in 1988, I am from México and we had the chance to buy this consumer products at our city with out going to the U.S. SO thats why I got this. It looks like they release several promotions with in the life span of the cereal, collective cards, t-shirts, even hot wheel type of cars, but this figurines, I can seem to find anything on it on the web. lets see if somebody here can shed some light on this line. Thanks

"Well Eric, I need more dinosaurs - more dinosaurs? - Eric you can never get enough"

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't know much about which ones were released only that I ate that cereal ..like a ton of it. lol  I had some stickers that came in one box and I have a magnet of a box cover now.  I've seen some shirts, a hat, other promo items, some cards..mostly by just searching ebay.

Halichoeres

Welcome back, darkosaurus! Never seen those particular dinosaurs, however. The one on the right reminds me a little of Barney!

BrontoScorpio

Can someone tell me what is so special about this set on YAJ, that includes 2 dinos and one skeleton ?
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b245301350#enlargeimg

Why did it go for such a high price ? ( about 420$ ).
Is there any particular item in the set that makes it so valuable ?
Thanks.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 10, 2017, 01:37:29 AM
Welcome back, darkosaurus! Never seen those particular dinosaurs, however. The one on the right reminds me a little of Barney!

And the one on the left looks just like Kraft's Cheesysaurus Rex.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 12, 2017, 07:22:10 AM
Can someone tell me what is so special about this set on YAJ, that includes 2 dinos and one skeleton ?
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b245301350#enlargeimg

Why did it go for such a high price ? ( about 420$ ).
Is there any particular item in the set that makes it so valuable ?
Thanks.

They're all Kaiyodo Dino Expo/Study Room figures, if I'm not mistaken. Those are not exactly common, definitely not all together in a nice lot like this.

Killekor

Someone know who produced this funny toy?:

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have seen that one on ebay before and in a Micheal's craft store,,,maybe TOMY?  Is there any markings on it?

Silvanusaurus

What the heck are these ridiculous little things i got in a mixed ebay lot?

Invicta Hunter

Those are painted Transmutazors from 1992.

Sim

Yes, as Invicta Hunter said they are painted Transmutazors.  The pamphlet, which can be seen here, shows all the animals in the series: http://minifigures.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/transmutazors.html

I'm pretty sure the green one is the Maiasaura, although I'm not 100% sure it isn't the Anatosaurus.  The yellow one is the Dryptosaurus.  The red figure in the background also appears to be a painted Transmutazors figure, specifically the Dimorphodon.  When I was little, I had unpainted versions of the Maiasaura and Dryptosaurus, and the painted Dimorphodon, but I can't remember where the painted Dimorphodon came from.  Did they replace unpainted Transmutazors with painted ones at some point?  Were the painted ones only the non-mutated versions?  Anyone know?

Silvanusaurus

Cool, thanks for the info. I thought the green one must be an Ouranosaurus with that big hump but it looks like it is the Maiasaura based on the pamphlet. It looks like I'm going to have to try and hunt down the Baryonyx now.

Sim

Quote from: Killekor on February 23, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
Someone know who produced this funny toy?:

Thanks

Killekor

This eBay listing says they are by Toysmith: link

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 26, 2017, 12:53:30 PM

Looks like a quadrupedal Deinocheirus. ;)

Also, I had lost a figure when I was younger, and I want to find another one because I really liked it. No photos, all I have is this description: Its a dandelion yellow featherless raptor with blood-red eyes and shiny black claws, anyone know what figure I'm talking about, and where I can find one?
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 27, 2017, 01:28:52 AM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 26, 2017, 12:53:30 PM

Looks like a quadrupedal Deinocheirus. ;)

Also, I had lost a figure when I was younger, and I want to find another one because I really liked it. No photos, all I have is this description: Its a dandelion yellow featherless raptor with blood-red eyes and shiny black claws, anyone know what figure I'm talking about, and where I can find one?

Haha, it does! I was wondering how that humpbacked look was so familiar. I guess Toysmith was just ahead of their time.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: