News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Has anybody ever seen this Orthoceras? Can anyone read the packaging? The angle and resolution of the photo make it difficult for Google Translate on my phone to make sense of it.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

pako

Could you guys help me on this one please

Lanthanotus

That's the first version of Schleich's Brachiosaurus from their Replica Line 1:40.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not toys exactly..lol ..but has anyone seen these before?  I have a guy saying they are from the JP Ride at Universal.

He's offering to sell them to the park, but not knowing what they are it's hard to guess a fair price.

Roselaar

Looks like a life size Collecta's dead Trike.

Pachyrhinosaurus

They're probably not from Universal. Most of their pieces are really faithful to the films.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 18, 2017, 11:38:52 PM
They're probably not from Universal. Most of their pieces are really faithful to the films.

that's true, at least most of the time. they have the odd dino here and there not tied to JP and all the ones on the ride not theropods are not based on the movies..but i've never seen these.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2017, 06:41:33 PM
Not toys exactly..lol ..but has anyone seen these before?  I have a guy saying they are from the JP Ride at Universal.

Well, they're certainly not from the Universal ride in Los Angeles, I know that much.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 19, 2017, 06:57:15 AM

Well, they're certainly not from the Universal ride in Los Angeles, I know that much.

I'd swear I saw that Rex head in PT ages ago..just can't recall who or where.

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2017, 07:14:26 AM
Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 19, 2017, 06:57:15 AM

I'd swear I saw that Rex head in PT ages ago..just can't recall who or where.
And I am pretty sure that there were no Triceratops on the ride in Orlando
-Zhuchengotyrant

stargatedalek

In fairness, the ride was overhauled recently, and not all of the animals on the ride are film accurate.

Blade-of-the-Moon

the triceratops comes in the sections and looks to be made with the intention to transport.

AcroSauroTaurus

I had lost a figure when I was younger, and I want to find another one because I really liked it. No photos, all I have is this description: Its a dandelion yellow featherless raptor with blood-red eyes and shiny black claws, anyone know what figure I'm talking about, and where I can find one?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 20, 2017, 12:20:58 AM
I had lost a figure when I was younger, and I want to find another one because I really liked it. No photos, all I have is this description: Its a dandelion yellow featherless raptor with blood-red eyes and shiny black claws, anyone know what figure I'm talking about, and where I can find one?

Zhuchengotyrant

Hello, I wanted to know a dinosaur I used to have but lost, and I want it because I was very fond of it. It was a chinasaur, that depicted something like a dryosaurus or something similar. It was gray and looked kind of like the dinosaur that died in the fire in episode two of Walking with Dinos.
-Zhuchengotyrant

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2017, 03:52:30 AM

The figure was a chinasaur, if it was from a major line I would've known. The raptor I'm looking for had no stripes or any patterning. Thanks for trying!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 20, 2017, 09:59:36 PM

The figure was a chinasaur, if it was from a major line I would've known. The raptor I'm looking for had no stripes or any patterning. Thanks for trying!

yellow is a very popular color for Velociraptor for some reason :

Could be the old Funrise one too, it was the first Velociraptor toy I ever saw.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2017, 03:30:05 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 20, 2017, 09:59:36 PM

yellow is a very popular color for Velociraptor for some reason :

Could be the old Funrise one too, it was the first Velociraptor toy I ever saw.

Neither of those are it either. Red pupil-less eyes are one of the unique traits it has. The hands are pronated, and the sculpt is very sleek.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: