News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Bertensgrad on May 04, 2017, 05:13:16 PM
They are roughly the size of a quarter they do have their names on bottom. So most likely panini molds?

You might find this thread useful: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3274.0  Some different versions of these figures are described in the first post.

Bertensgrad

Another three dinos i dragged out of storage I like how unusual they are but detailed almost lacquered surface. They are about 3-4"

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Bertensgrad on May 05, 2017, 03:05:32 AM
Another three dinos i dragged out of storage I like how unusual they are but detailed almost lacquered surface. They are about 3-4"

I don't remember the name, but I had an Apatosaurus, Deinonychus, and Ceratosaurus from the same company. I lost them years ago though.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Bertensgrad

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 05, 2017, 04:30:24 AM

I don't remember the name, but I had an Apatosaurus, Deinonychus, and Ceratosaurus from the same company. I lost them years ago though.

I really like them.

Bertensgrad

Another one from my recent hoard. Its a dinosaur sticker wondering if its just a basic promotional sticker or collectable. They are raised which is kinda cool but man that trex is ugly.

BlueKrono

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 05, 2017, 04:30:24 AM

I have the triceratops. It's clearly a AAA knockoff, right down to the coloration. Not sure what the company is actually called though.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bertensgrad

I really like the paint job on this one. I think it might be hollow pvc material. Its squeezable slightly. Any ideas? It has numbers on bottom and name of the dino. Made in china of course.

And as always it helps even to know if its a knockoff or remolding of another company.

Archinto

Ive seen that edaphosaurus in the cheapie dinosaur bin at walmart. Random off brand figure from a few years back.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Bertensgrad

Quote from: Archinto on May 05, 2017, 11:25:48 PM
Ive seen that edaphosaurus in the cheapie dinosaur bin at walmart. Random off brand figure from a few years back.

Thanks, im just so new to dinosaur toys as collectables but get in dinosaurs so often. I collect some stuff andbuy and sell tons of toys to help pay my student loans and collecting hobby. I probally buy and sell 5 lbs of dinos/ animals a week. I buy them at garage sales, goodwills, and goodwill outlets by the pound. I get occasional rare ones or vintage ones but typically they are marked so easy to id. I have just learned how to id most of the mini unmark dinos.

Today i found a baby louie safari egg made for the indianapolis children musuem which is always a great find. Paid a dime for it, and i sold the last one for $60 to a fossil shop.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Bertensgrad on May 05, 2017, 09:34:30 PM
I really like the paint job on this one. I think it might be hollow pvc material. Its squeezable slightly. Any ideas? It has numbers on bottom and name of the dino. Made in china of course.

And as always it helps even to know if its a knockoff or remolding of another company.

I don't know the company, but that "Edaphosaurus" certainly doesn't look like one, it looks more like a Dimetrodon. Which aren't dinosaurs, but primitive synapsids.
I am the Dinosaur King!

docronnie

That Edaphosaurus looks like it's from Boley Inc.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ps1608

Hi! Totally new here, and I really need some help to identify this dinosaur toy.

Someone that's very important to me once had this toy, but lost it during a move.

I am hoping to get another one to replace it as it meant a lot to the person.

Unfortunately these are the only picture I have of it... Can you guys see if you can determine what it is?
(It's the same toy in both pics believe it or not)

http://imgur.com/a/9M4TU
http://imgur.com/rlUPPEl

*Also not quite sure how to properly attach pictures here... sorry about that

Thank you so much!!!

Sim

Hi ps1608, I know you said it's the same toy in both pictures, but I don't think it is.  The two pictured toys don't match in a number of ways, e.g. head shape, arm position, tail angle.  I don't know what the one in the first picture is, but the one in the second picture looks like this Schleich Allosaurus: http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Schleich_14512_Allosaurus

ps1608

Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2017, 12:54:17 PM
Hi ps1608, I know you said it's the same toy in both pictures, but I don't think it is.  The two pictured toys don't match in a number of ways, e.g. head shape, arm position, tail angle.  I don't know what the one in the first picture is, but the one in the second picture looks like this Schleich Allosaurus: http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Schleich_14512_Allosaurus

yeah I agree they dont look very similar, maybe he was mistaken? I only said its the same because he said they were when I asked him previously.
but thank you so much for the ID on the 2nd pic!

UK

Some new vintage additions. All except the Timpo Dimetrodon are from Japan. Anyone know of the maker and vintage please.

Libraraptor

Actually I love the monochrome ones. Sorry I can't tell you anything about their origin.

terrorchicken

they look like Marx/Mpc but there have been a lot of variations and knock offs of those so Im not really sure...

if they are flat shaped they could also be those cereal premiums Ive seem alot of eBay.

Im sure somebody with more knowledge of retro dino toys here will know more about these to help you out.  O:-)

Roselaar

They kinda remind me of White Post, but not nearly as ugly.

Megalosaurus

Hello.
This figure belonged to Radman (RIP). I took the picture from the old forum.
What is it? Species, brand, any info?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stoneage

Quote from: UK on May 08, 2017, 10:20:53 PM
Some new vintage additions. All except the Timpo Dimetrodon are from Japan. Anyone know of the maker and vintage please.

The figure on the top left is a MPC Diatryma, just right of that is a Marx Parasaurolophus, and at the very bottom on the right, we have a Miller Dimetrodon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: