News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Thanks guys, that's great! The company that produced the set with the raptor is called Blue Box.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 04, 2017, 07:32:17 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 04, 2017, 10:42:39 AM
Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 04, 2017, 09:49:47 AM
Oh yeah and also the take away is that this toy is a AAA knock-off plesiosaur

Does anyone have the official AAA one for comparison?
You can search up 'Dinosaur Collector Site A' they have the whole list of AAA dinosaurs with pictures.

The image on that site is distorted and tiny, so it might make the head look different. Are there any other photos online, or does anyone on the forum have the apparently long snouted version?

Archinto

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 30, 2017, 04:42:56 PM
The ankylosaur is rather different from the Panini figures, so I think any similarily is coincidental. It does look really familiar though, I just can't place it.

Yeah, I think I had confused it with the panini, because looking closer I dont see a mold like this in the set. I believe the original model is one of the mini imperials from the mid 80's, judging on the look of the sculpting. I have a nothosaurus, a triceratops and a t-rex in this style that are older softer rubber. Is the anky made of fairly hard rubber? This looks like a newer casting
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

BlueKrono

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 04, 2017, 11:30:40 PM

You can search up 'Dinosaur Collector Site A' they have the whole list of AAA dinosaurs with pictures.

The image on that site is distorted and tiny, so it might make the head look different. Are there any other photos online, or does anyone on the forum have the apparently long snouted version?

Got both. Let me know if you need any other pics of them.

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the pics. They seem to match mine in that the yellow one has no AAA brand marking. Is that correct? I can't make out what it says on the flipper, can you read it?

Oh, and I have both the yellow and green versions, but the implication was that there are two versions of the yellow plesiosaur out there. I don't know if that is true...

Joey

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 05, 2017, 12:16:50 AM
Thanks for the pics. They seem to match mine in that the yellow one has no AAA brand marking. Is that correct? I can't make out what it says on the flipper, can you read it?

Oh, and I have both the yellow and green versions, but the implication was that there are two versions of the yellow plesiosaur out there. I don't know if that is true...
The 'long-snouted' version could possibly be a prototype version.

bmathison1972

While I am not a 'Dinosaur Toy Collector', the yellow one does not strike me for AAA's style. It does not have that 'AAA gestalt' to it... The DTC Site A site shows only the green one, too.

Joey

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 05, 2017, 01:35:58 AM
While I am not a 'Dinosaur Toy Collector', the yellow one does not strike me for AAA's style. It does not have that 'AAA gestalt' to it... The DTC Site A site shows only the green one, too.
The DTC site A shows the long snouted 'plesiosaur' and a green Elasmosaurus.

bmathison1972

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 05, 2017, 01:41:34 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 05, 2017, 01:35:58 AM
The DTC site A shows the long snouted 'plesiosaur' and a green Elasmosaurus.

you are right, I missed that, sorry. I still feel the one posted in this thread is a bootleg and not original AAA (but again, this is not my area of specialty).

Joey

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 05, 2017, 12:12:02 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 04, 2017, 11:30:40 PM

Got both. Let me know if you need any other pics of them.

Can you take a picture of the head?

BlueKrono

Sure, I'll post it up tomorrow.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Joey

pako

hi everyone,

Is this the Collecta Tyrannosaurus 1:15 figure? Is there any bootleg of this one?

How much would it be worth in good condition?

Thanks a lot

Lanthanotus

Well, it's still in CollectA's catalogue (2017) so should be readily available,.... usual retail price is/was around 100 €.

pako

Thank you Lanthanotus, I can get it for 20 euros, so I might buy it, would the biggest I ever owned hehe

BlueKrono

Here's the headshots of the Elasmosaurs

Joey

Joey

UK

Anyone have an idea who the manufacturer of this vintage Japanese figure is? Came as part of a number of colourful but quite ugly figures.

paintingdinos

I don't actually own this model, but it caught my eye from a video of this year's Wonderfest. Does anyone here happen to know who sculpted it/what it is?

The table is displaying a variety of models from differed sculptors- I'm guessing its a dromaeosaur of some sort, but its hard to tell for sure from the angle.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: