News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Yes it is.
It is nicely made - so I keep it on my Triassic Bullyland shelf - at the right most side - as It's the only item I have ( and probably will ) of this company.

Fossilized-Rubber

Quote from: Flaffy on April 01, 2024, 04:14:44 PMavatar_Fossilized-Rubber @Fossilized-Rubber Good find! Some people specifically hunt for the Placerias out of the entire set.

Link: https://dinotoyblog.com/dinosaur-boxset-2-toyway/

EverythingDinosaur was lucky enough to have a couple of these for sale back in the day, many years ago.

I gleefully report that I bought it from bric-a-brac for 50p.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Dilopho

The AAA Dromaeosaurus, but articulated...?

Halichoeres

I think I see "TM" in a little oval to the right of the year and above the name. That probably means "Toy Major," which has some original products but has also been known to make knockoffs or derivative products.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brontosauruschuck

I just saw this Spinosaurus figure in the corner of a YouTube video. It looks really nice. Does anyone know what it is?

crazy8wizard

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on April 24, 2024, 06:24:17 PMI just saw this Spinosaurus figure in the corner of a YouTube video. It looks really nice. Does anyone know what it is?

That would be the 2020 PNSO Spinosaurus

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on April 24, 2024, 06:24:17 PMI just saw this Spinosaurus figure in the corner of a YouTube video. It looks really nice. Does anyone know what it is?

A fellow Clint watcher I see! I believe he also gave the model more of a mention in his spinosaurus video.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: crazy8wizard on April 24, 2024, 06:58:25 PM

That would be the 2020 PNSO Spinosaurus
Thanks!

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 24, 2024, 08:17:05 PM

A fellow Clint watcher I see! I believe he also gave the model more of a mention in his spinosaurus video.
Not religiously. I have to pace myself so I don't try to get a new pet ten times a day. His vids are great though.

vitani

Libraraptor

A Triceratops of a random non-brand manufacturer, I guess.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 30, 2024, 04:45:33 PMA Triceratops of a random non-brand manufacturer, I guess.

Probably, but it does look somehow familiar. V @vitani how did you come to acquire it?

vitani

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, I purchased it from a second-hand store (Europe).

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Dilopho on April 03, 2024, 02:20:59 AM

Looks to be a Veloliraptor! Must be a new species!  :))

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

BlueKrono

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on May 01, 2024, 02:56:52 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on April 03, 2024, 02:20:59 AM

Looks to be a Veloliraptor! Must be a new species!  :))

Paging avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres New dromaeosaur species just dropped!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Funk

Quote from: Thialfi on April 15, 2023, 12:28:06 AMDoes seem familiar. Is it not a pencil topper?
Didn't see this until now. It's softish rubber, and the bottom doesn't seem to fit a pencil...

brontosauruschuck

I watched the movie Splice (2009) the other day. I didn't really care for it, but I noticed this antique looking dinosaur supporting what looks like a compass in a scene. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a better still frame to show it. Does anyone know what this is? It looks really neat.

crazy8wizard

I have a bit of an odd figure this time. My boss owns this big Tyrannosaurus statue that he keeps in his classroom and was considering giving to me if he finds no more use for it. We weren't able to identify the manufacturer and it's on the heavy side so it isn't easy to look for a little copyright stamp.

I tried to do a reverse image search for it and the search came up with the Safari ltd primal Tyrant King statue. It does strongly resemble this, but many small details are different such as the lack of the base, a dragging tail, and of course being over 2 feet tall.
Does anyone have an idea as to what this is and where it came from?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: