You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the anchititerium is for me a very precious figure in my collection. It is the only prehistoric extinct horse that I have in my collection apart from the Mojo quagga and the chalicotherium. I picked them up in 1998 and I have fond memories of the Bullyland brand at those times and the same can be said about the geosternbergia, Bullyland was an expert at making very pretty and cool pterosaurs and it's a shame they don't make more pterosaur figures (for now).

Loon

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus . They're really great figures, and I'm not much of a horse person.

This is my custom Jurassic Park 3 male Velociraptor. It's made from an Amber Collection raptor, not by me of course, all credit goes to Kyle Brandon Bishop on Facebook.

I had shared this before, but I felt those pictures didn't do it justice. So, here are some "nicer" photos

Loon

I took these at night, so these aren't the the best pictures; but, it's been raining all day here in California, so it would be the same no matter when I take them.

I like to call this the "tiniest haul" cuz these guys are small.

First off, I'd like to thank avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian for sending me the much sought after Schleich Desmatosuchus this extra Kaiyodo Deinonychus Skeleton, which reminds me of the mount I saw in Texas. Again, I really appreciate the help.

Also, some more tiny fellows. My first Yowie figure Dromornis. I also bought these Science and Nature figures (Minmi and Serendipaceratops) after seeing Libraraptor's review. They are really tiny, smaller than I was expecting.

BramS

Nice collection. Mammoth figures are nice and that custom velocitraptor wow!  ;D

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, especially I highlight the Minmi and Serendipaceratops those two figures along with the rest of the collection I have them in particular on my nightstand together with the family of hysilophodon and koreaceratops from Collecta. They are all nice little figures.

Loon

Here are some figures that've come in over the past bit. I've tried to at least throw a few bucks to some of the online stores, supporting small businesses and all that, but I can't justify buying many more figures. So, after this and a couple of more posts, I won't be buying/sharing any new figures for a while.

Anyway, I finally got the mythical Safari Hypacrosaurus off eBay. I found this in a lot with a bunch of cheap Chinasaurs and other nonsense for a pretty good price, so I'm happy with it.

From the online store of Texas's Dinosaur Park, I got a few "harder to find" pieces. The retired Safari Nigersaurus, which is really great, and some Mini Dinosaurs from Walking with Dinosaurs the movie. I actually watched the movie for the first time (the version where they don't talk), and it wasn't bad.

And finally, I filled up some of the holes in my CollectA collection with a package from Happy Hen. I really like all of these figures, but the Ampelosaurus is the stand out, for sure.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon Congratulations on your new acquisitions, the Safari hypacrosaurus is one of the prettiest lambeosaurine hadrosaurids on the toy dinosaur market, and the same can be said for the Safari nigersaurus which is inexplicably no longer marketed by the Safari company.

On the other hand, I got two or three years ago all the figures of the WWD characters in 3 dimensions in an inexpensive toy store and the Collecta dinosaurs are very beautiful figures both in terms of ampelosaurus and gastonia and daspletosaurus that in my case is the only one I own in my collection.

Halichoeres

Quickly whittling down that wish list! I'm fond of that Nigersaurus despite its outdated hands. And some of those WWD figures are gems, especially the Alphadon and Hesperonychus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2020, 10:27:35 PM
And some of those WWD figures are gems, especially the Alphodon and Hesperonychus

Totally agree, they're such nice figures. It's a shame they never made a Chirostenotes when every other species in that movie got toys.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Loon on April 27, 2020, 10:05:00 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2020, 10:27:35 PM
And some of those WWD figures are gems, especially the Alphodon and Hesperonychus

Totally agree, they're such nice figures. It's a shame they never made a Chirostenotes when every other species in that movie got toys.

Like their Parksosaurus, too, for its unusual pose. And it really stands on two legs without its tail as a rest.

Loon

Another new friend arrived in the mail about a week or so ago. This is the 1850 Iguanodon by Favorite, and boy, is it something.

I, like many kids, had a dinosaur phase in my youth; but, as with everything in my life I took it too far. I would watch tons of documentaries on TV; so, I was more knowledgeable about the subject than my classmates. I was probably the only 8 year old who knew who Charles Knight and Benjamin Waterhouse Hawkins were. So, the Crystal Palace dinosaurs have been an obsession of mine forever.

Unfortunately, there aren't many figures of these. I know of a few miniatures, but that's it. So, I love this thing. I think this is sculpted by the same person who's doing those, I'm sorry, new horrible looking soft models; but, the sculpt here is actually pretty good.

Next to my modem Safari version, it really shows how far we've come. I really hope some company takes a chance on these classic designs again at some point, maybe Favorite can make a Megalosaurus I'm the same style.

CityRaptor

As far as Retrosaurs go, you can't get much more Retro than that. And it's glorious!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Nice iguanodon "retro" figure from Favorite. I congratulate you Loon pity that it is not PVC or non-brittle hollow vinyl, that is, it is a pity that it is not a toy figure since I would have it on my shelves.

If I had more room ... I would buy that iguanodon figure from Favorite and put it in my display case along with my collection of Favorite Dinostoreus resin figures.

Halichoeres

That can't have been easy to find! I know people who have been chasing that for years.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

Congratulations on the retro Iguanodon. Quite something to have!

Loon

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 28, 2020, 01:30:01 PM
Congratulations on the retro Iguanodon. Quite something to have!
Thank you. It's definitely a stand out in my collection.

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 28, 2020, 01:20:19 PM
That can't have been easy to find! I know people who have been chasing that for years.

I feel bad, cuz I wasn't really looking for it. I didn't know they were that rare. It had been on OfferUp for almost a year, and I just started to want it more and more.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on April 28, 2020, 11:32:17 PM

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 28, 2020, 01:20:19 PM

I feel bad, cuz I wasn't really looking for it. I didn't know they were that rare. It had been on OfferUp for almost a year, and I just started to want it more and more.

We all have our eBay saved searches, but it doesn't occur to most of us to check places like OfferUp (I used to check Craigslist occasionally). I don't think you should feel bad for thinking to look elsewhere!

Faelrin

Wow congrats on obtaining that beast. Definitely something to cherish I think.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, it's definitely something I'm happy to have.

More financial irresponsibilitySUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESSES. Though, most of these were from eBay, does that count?

CollectA Hatzegopteryx & Rajasaurus
I've always wanted this Hatzegopteryx, and while it's now innaccurate, I still think it's a very good figure. Something about pink and blue together always works for me (only now do I realize that this is the stealth theme of this haul). The Rajasaurus is nice, but it was just something I threw in to make the shipping more bearable.

CollectA Dacenturus, Rhomaleosaurus, & Scelidosaurus
I got these three for pretty cheap in a lot, and I like them all quite a bit. Aside from the Scelidosaurus, they're pretty scuffed up in some spots. Oh well.

Schleich Saichania and Safari Oviraptor & Tapejara
The Saichania's a really cute little figure, I just gotta figure out what to do with hat Giganotosaurus. The two Safaris are also very good. Though, this Oviraptor is quickly becoming a new favorite. It's a shame we don't get figures like this anymore.

Takara Tomy Eternal Lost Breeds Set
I actually got this set just for the Dodo, but ended up liking the rest of the figures quite a bit. The sea cow and Ibis are probably my favorites from the set. I think I once saw some bones from Steller's sea cow at some point, but I'm not sure.

Libraraptor

Alas, none of the pictures shows up. Only "postimage image was not found or was removed".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: