You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiredesign

recommend 北方盾龙,厚鼻龙,These two are also very good。2.0Spinosaurus Come out, too,But it's smaller。New products should be buffered for a while because of China's 11.11 Shopping Festival。There will be a lot this year pnso .We're all waiting-- Parasaurolophus。GR toys LONGGU New brands ,There will be surprises, too。new logo It's designed :)

ceratopsian

Brexit should have no impact on shipping to the States, if that is what you are thinking of. It should only affect us in the U.K. and people in the EU, transactions between which were previously not subject to tax and customs.

Loon

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 10, 2020, 05:13:52 AM
recommend 北方盾龙,厚鼻龙,These two are also very good。2.0Spinosaurus Come out, too,But it's smaller。New products should be buffered for a while because of China's 11.11 Shopping Festival。There will be a lot this year pnso .We're all waiting-- Parasaurolophus。GR toys LONGGU New brands ,There will be surprises, too。new logo It's designed :)

I am very much looking forward to seeing what they come out with, too.

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 10, 2020, 08:45:57 AM
Brexit should have no impact on shipping to the States, if that is what you are thinking of. It should only affect us in the U.K. and people in the EU, transactions between which were previously not subject to tax and customs.

Ah ok, mayhaps I misread someone, or that poster was from the EU. Well, I'm happy I'll still be able to buy from them. ED has been a part of my collecting for years, it would have been tragic to lose them.

Loon

The thread lives!!!

Please, if you're just gonna complain that you don't like the colors, don't post here, I don't care.

Safari's Baryonyx arrived a few days ago and boy, am I happy that I got it. 2021 isn't going to be a very eventful year for Dinosaur collecting, at least for me (I only want one other dinosaur this year). This figure is definitely one of avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson's best. I also like the colors a lot, unlike some people. It feels like they finally got the brown paint job right, unlike a lot of last year's Theropods.

With some other 1/35 to 1/40 scale early Cretaceous friends from the UK:

With PNSO's Spinosaurus:

"The hunter becomes the hunted"

Stegotyranno420

I know this is controversial but this is amongst safari it's best figures ever.

Faelrin

Omg it looks so good among the CollectA ornithopods, and with the PNSO Spinosaurus as well. I also really like the coloration,and the spots it has. I think it suits Baryonyx really nicely honestly. Now I only wonder what suitable fishy prey there is for it out there?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Wallnut

Quote from: Faelrin on January 04, 2021, 06:43:04 AM
Omg it looks so good among the CollectA ornithopods, and with the PNSO Spinosaurus as well. I also really like the coloration,and the spots it has. I think it suits Baryonyx really nicely honestly. Now I only wonder what suitable fishy prey there is for it out there?

Safari pelagic fish toob. I dont have the figure but fish are small so maybe it would work.

PrimevalRaptor

Some really nice shots (really love the whale shark one lmao), it really fits well alongside the CollectA guys and you really managed to highlight the amazing sculpt!

Mattyonyx

I've asked on the Selling thread, so I'm asking here too... Can I share the pictures of the Baryonyx on Paleo-Nerd?

Loon

Quote from: Mattyonyx on January 04, 2021, 03:32:35 PM
I've asked on the Selling thread, so I'm asking here too... Can I share the pictures of the Baryonyx on Paleo-Nerd?
Yeah, sure. Just make sure to credit me.

Duna

I love it! Thank you for the pictures, it's a must buy for me.

Jose S.M.

I think it's my favorite Baryonyx figure. I never liked the Collecta ones and while I like the Favorite one, it's face is not very attractive to me. The Safari one looks like a healthy creature.

Gwangi

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 04, 2021, 11:07:31 PM
I think it's my favorite Baryonyx figure. I never liked the Collecta ones and while I like the Favorite one, it's face is not very attractive to me. The Safari one looks like a healthy creature.

I don't have it yet, just ordered it today, but I think I have to agree. With every Baryonyx release I've found myself underwhelmed. I don't like CollectA's, I don't like Papo's, the Favorite is nice but hard to get, and by the time Schleich released theirs I was convinced that the only Baryonyx in my collection would be the Invicta. But I also knew that Safari would eventually release one, so I waited and held out hope, now here we are. I like this one a lot, and the colors don't really bother me. I'm excited to see it in hand.

Faelrin

avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR I suppose those could work as I do have them, for when I can finally get this Baryonyx, but I was wondering more if there are any potential figures of contemporaries out there for it. Granted I'm not too familiar with what fish Baryonyx co-existed with and likely preyed on to begin with though. I guess that's something I really need to research.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Purely eyeballing from the screen, it seems that the Safari 2021 Baryonyx is missing quite a few teeth on the upper jaw; and the size of the teeth that are present seem to be too large and robust compared to Hartman's 2018 skeletal. Could Doug shed some light on this?

Same applies when compared to the paper skull:

So far I'm loving everything about this Baryonyx, but it's just that one particular detail that's bothering me.

Wallnut

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 04, 2021, 03:28:07 PM
avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR Do you mean the extremely rare, almost impossible to find prehistoric shark toob?

No the toobs real name is pelagic fish toob and its not rare its pricy.

Flaffy

Quote from: Triton TR on January 05, 2021, 06:08:00 AM
avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR Do you mean the extremely rare, almost impossible to find prehistoric shark toob?

But you said the "plaeozoic fish toob", something which Safari has never done.

Wallnut

Quote from: Flaffy on January 05, 2021, 06:11:26 AM
Quote from: Triton TR on January 05, 2021, 06:08:00 AM

But you said the "plaeozoic fish toob", something which Safari has never done.

I forgot the name and write paleozoic.

Loon

Well, this thread seems to have gone off the rails quick...

Anyway, thanks mostly everyone for the comments!

Wallnut

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 05, 2021, 07:38:05 AM
avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR Please look the Toob name up instead of telling me "no you are wrong, I just didn't tell you the product's real name".
But I agree, the sardines from this set are quite useful.

I didn't tell you your wrong I just said its not the toob your talking about.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: