You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Thanks avatar_Killekor @Killekor & avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus !

Here's some stuff that's come over the past bit, that I haven't shared yet.

Wild Past Protoceratops!
This is a figure I've been anxiously waiting for since it was first announced. I'm so happy with how it came out. Though, if I do have a gripe it would be that I would have preferred the toes be completely unpainted, as the paint apps there aren't that great.

"Protoceratops Nest Gang"

Toyway Laellynasaura
Another step towards completing the WWD line. I'm not sure if I'm terribly interested in the Utahraptor, but I definitely wanted this figure; small ornithischians are so rare as figures. Luckily one popped up on eBay a while ago.

CollectA Deluxe Baryonyx
I had wanted this figure for a while, but it wasn't in stock anywhere. For a while, I had the Favorite Co. Baryonyx as my representation for this species, but this figure's so much better, and I usually don't really care for CollectA's Theropods.

PNSO Eurhinosaurus "Levy" & Dakosaurus "Paulwin"
These guys came from Amazon today, and I really like them!

Levy is a beautiful figure, the shiny finish of the plastic and the long snout makes it look like a fake sawfish you'd see on the wall of a seafood restaurant. For some reason, that makes me like it more than I thought I would.

Paulwin is also a very nice figure. Honestly, for a while, I thought Dakosaurus was a Mosasaur; so, when I found out it was actually a Metriorhynchid, I got really interested in this figure. Though, this figure has one major issue, the face. Both of the eyes on mine are a little sloppy. Also, I had known about the weirdness around the upper jaw, as there was some paint bleeding from the teeth. However, looking at the promo pics, I think it's supposed to be lighter coloration on the "lips", it just didn't work, unfortunately.

PNSO Mini Madness!!!
I tried to think of a funny reference to Michael Sembello's classic "Mega Madness", but it didn't turn out.

Anchiornis "Luffy"

Atopodentatus "Finch"

Nemicolopterus "Tracy"

Nyctosaurus "Fan"

Sinosauropteryx "Yuyan"

These are my first "Little Dinosaurs" by PNSO, and I really love these minis. I initially wasn't going to get any, as I was pretty intimidated by how many of them there were and how many of them I wanted. Unfortunately, my worst nightmare's come true, and I think I'm hooked on them; especially some of the obscure Non-Dinosaurs in the line. Looking at you, Odontochelys.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the Eurhinosaurus and dakosaurus from PNSO are very well made prehistoric reptiles. Hopefully it will make more PNSO prehistoric reptile figures. The PNSO mini acquisitions nemicolopterus, nyctosaurus, anchiornis, sinosauropteryx and atodopodentatus are the best of PNSO minis, it is a good start to collect prehistoric minis animals from PNSO they are all figures of outstanding sculptural beauty as I always say.

I'm glad you bought the protoceratops from Wild Past and the Carnegie collection. The laellynasaura from WWD and baryonyx from Collecta are also good figures, one is a cult cult from my honest opinion, that of laellynasaura and another is baryonyx is a very recent current figure of the year 2019. My congratulations, beautiful collection !!!

ceratopsian

Some very nice acquisitions.  I can testify how addictive those PNSO minis are though!

Killekor

You've bought a lot of amazing figures Loon!
In particular I really like the PNSO Anchiornis, although I have to say that it's the first time I find interesting the CollectA Baryonyx. Also the Wild Past Protoceratops is nice!

Congratulations for your acquisitions, in particular for the WWD Laellynasaura which is a really lucky find!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Loon

Thanks as always for the kind compliments!

Toyway Walking With Dinosaurs Opthalmosaurus & Bullyland Mastodonsaurus
First off, big thanks to avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian for helping me get the Opthalmosaurus. It's way bigger than I thought it would be, almost rivaling the Shonisaurus in the huge icthyosaur department of my collection. The paint's a little worn, but I don't know, I kinda like that on a figure sometimes, shows me it's been loved.

Also, of course I use all the money I made from recent sales on the one Mastodonsaurus on eBay, only for another DTF member to list one for sale for literally a 10th of what I paid. I actually bought that one, as well. I want to try my hand at customizing and turn it into a Antarctosuchus, inspired by the model in the "Antarctic Dinosaurs" exhibit.

I really appreciate the teeth poking through the upper skull, a feature I didn't even know temnospondyls had til recently. Also, weirdly, this is the first amphibian in my collection; hopefully it's the first of many!

ceratopsian

I am so relieved that it arrived safe and sound and that you are pleased with the Ophthalmosaurus. It is a handsome figure. I didn't think the paint wear detracted either. I too was surprised at its size and weight. It is very solid!

Jose S.M.

That Opthalmosaurus is lovely, its coloration is very interesting to me, it makes it stand out against most marine reptile fgures.

Loon

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 14, 2020, 09:28:51 AM
I am so relieved that it arrived safe and sound and that you are pleased with the Ophthalmosaurus. It is a handsome figure. I didn't think the paint wear detracted either. I too was surprised at its size and weight. It is very solid!

It was packed amazingly well, thank you for that. Speaking of the size, I've been thinking about putting many of my marine animals on stands, but I think this one, like a couple of others (Safari Kronosaurus, CollectA Dunkleosteus, Schleich Shonisaurus), it'd be way too heavy.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 14, 2020, 03:34:14 PM
That Opthalmosaurus is lovely, its coloration is very interesting to me, it makes it stand out against most marine reptile fgures.

Yeah, I think all of my other icthyosaurs are black and white. Same goes for all of my pliosaurs, too. Like Safari's recent Tylosaurus, I appreciate the unusual color choice; it's definitely one of the most decorated figures I own.

Killekor

Congrats for obtaining the WWD Ophtalmosaurus, Loon! It's a really awesome figure!
The way its eyes are painted give a "live" look to the figure which I really like. Also as Jose S.M. said it has a really nice color scheme.

I'm also looking forward to see how your customization of the Mastodonsaurus will turn out!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

ceratopsian

avatar_Loon @Loon - the original box wasn't very sturdy at all. Marilyn, Martin Garratt's assistant, packs amazingly well. So I just tried to copy roughly what she does!

Loon

So, I've finally got around to fully updating the display. It may not look that different from the last time I should it, but, trust me, it is.

Here's all the stuff in my closet.

My admittedly pitiful bookshelf.

And some other stragglers that don't have a home yet.

Shonisaurus

Wow!!!!! I really like your shelves. The figures are well placed and not saturated and together like other collections. Magnificent decoration. I congratulate you avatar_Loon @Loon

Wandering

Dude you've got a sweet display set up there!! I'm honestly inspired!  :))

Halichoeres

That display looks incredible! And you've got a really good variety.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 17, 2020, 11:26:36 PM
That display looks incredible! And you've got a really good variety.
Thanks. To be honest, I've actually modeled my collecting after yours, trying to get one of each unique species.

Loon

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and W @Wandering. Really glad you like it!

With the pandemic going on right now, I won't be buying much for a long while. So, I'm going to start sharing the last few orders that come in and just some figures from my existing collection for the time being.

Bullyland Protochirotherium, Procyhnosuchus, and Spinophorosaurus
Thanks to M @jwmo , I've finished the rare Bullyland figure collection.

Protochirotherium is an interesting figure. It's a little cartoony here and there, but how often do you get a figure based on a trace fossil?

Procyhnosuchus is my favorite of the lot, which I predicted. It's a genuinely beautiful little cynodont. Honestly reminds me of a stem-mammalian version of my Chihuahua, Karen.

Spinophorosaurus is obviously the weakest of the three, but I had to have this weirdo. It may look like a sauropod that's been roasted and charred, but I think it's got charm.

jwmo also included these little extras. One of which is a postcard from the museum that sells the Procynosuchus and a magnet from the museum that sells the Spinophorosaurus.

Here they are: "The Rare Bullyland Collection". This is literally one of the most expensive photos I've ever taken. Other figures may come and go, but these will be in my collection forever. I mean, who else is going to make these species?

CollectA Jobaria
Also, from the same sale I got this beast. I've said it before on the forum, I love big sauropods, and this guy fits the bill. I really don't know why I skipped this one for so long, it's a truly great figure.

Shonisaurus

I'm so glad avatar_Loon @Loon  that you bought the prettiest prehistoric animal gems from Bullyland are hard to find today on the eBay market. On the other hand, I congratulate you for the Collecta jobaria, in the opinion of many collectors, he is one of my favorite sauropods and I would like Collecta to resume the production of sauropods with sizes similar to the jobaria, nigersaurus and brachiosaurus Deluxe made in previous years.

Loon

As soon as I saw the new CollectA figures were for sale at Minizoo, I had to get them. This was the first time I'd ever ordered from Minizoo and it won't be the last; highly recommend them.

The First Minizoo Haul

CollectA 2020 Deluxe Protoceratops

CollectA 2020 Bajadasaurus

CollectA 2020 Deluxe Fukuisaurus

CollectA Bistahieversor

CollectA Olorotitan

CollectA Xiongguanlong

CollectA Koreaceratops Family

CollectA 2020 Deluxe Hypsilophodon Family

Southlands Replicas Male Emu

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon Wow!!!!! All your new acquisitions look great, I highlight above all the fukuisaurus, bajadasaurus and protoceratops they look great, nice, awesome, brutal ..... there are not enough words to define these figures. Collecta's Bajadasaurus is longer than the protoceratops, so it doesn't seem as small as it appears to me. Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos.

Libraraptor

Yeah,  I really love that collection and how you Display it.  I especially like the rare Bullyland picture.  I own all of these, too,  als I am very proud of it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: