News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If they're remaking species they've already done I'd like to see a new Shantungosaurus, along with smaller Mandshurosaurus, Euhelopus, Huanghetitan and Lufengosaurus, and a smaller Ceratosaurus and Opthalmosaurus, but I don't expect PNSO would revisit any of those, except for the theropod.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Lets be honest, it's more likely to remake the Ceratosaurus, not because it's a theropod, but because it's a more well known, and more interesting than the mentioned fauna. Nick was a real good model, but getting a cheaper(smaller) and probably more accurate version of it would be the best option for money and customer satisfaction

Gothmog the Baryonyx

More well known yes, but more interesting depends on your point of view, I find all of those other animals more interesting than Ceratosaurus, especially Shantungosaurus. But I still find Ceratosaurus somewhat interesting.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

JimoAi

Quote from: Bread on December 22, 2020, 12:00:24 AM
Wonder if PNSO are going to do more remakes of their old figures? Doyle the Triceratops is somewhat out of scale for new Wilson. I also saw others mention a new iteration of Lucas the Giganotosaurus is needed. I could see PNSO doing this if Wilson becomes a big seller for them.
What do you mean Doyle is out of scale?

John

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 22, 2020, 12:12:31 AM
If they're remaking species they've already done I'd like to see a new Shantungosaurus, along with smaller Mandshurosaurus, Euhelopus, Huanghetitan and Lufengosaurus, and a smaller Ceratosaurus and Opthalmosaurus, but I don't expect PNSO would revisit any of those, except for the theropod.
As Chinese genera,I would hardly be surprised to see Shantungosaurus and Lufengosaurus get smaller scale remakes from PNSO sooner or later.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

Quote from: JimoAi on December 22, 2020, 04:53:17 AM
Wonder if PNSO are going to do more remakes of their old figures? Doyle the Triceratops is somewhat out of scale for new Wilson. I also saw others mention a new iteration of Lucas the Giganotosaurus is needed. I could see PNSO doing this if Wilson becomes a big seller for them.
Doyle is in scale with the older versions of Wilson. If you see the images of the comparison between old vs. new Wilson, the old Wilson towers over the new iteration. So, I assume Doyle is slightly out of scale for the new Wilson. Maybe not, I could be wrong though.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 22, 2020, 12:12:31 AM

Honestly, their vinyl versions are very beautiful, except for the ceratosaurus I have all their vinyl versions from PNSO, but in my case I would prefer a Museo Line version by this magnificent Chinese company, on the other hand I would also like a basilosaurus that was not made of vinyl and that it was made of solid PVC, I would even like it to be the same size as its vinyl version, that is, I would like a prehistoric mammal made of solid PVC by PNSO with a grade equal to or greater than its iToy paraceratherium, although in This figure I am not totally convinced that it is solid PVC, regardless that it is my favorite prehistoric animal figure from this year in my collection and what is more it is my favorite prehistoric toy mammal along with the elasmotherium from Collecta.

If the PNSO owners are reading what I am writing, I would like them to have the certainty that if they made a super-detailed basilosaurus with the same characteristics in quality of sculpture and details as its vinyl counterpart or even superior in quality, it would be my mammal figure Prehistoric favorite along with iToy paraceratherium.

JimoAi

Quote from: Bread on December 22, 2020, 06:20:39 AM
Doyle is in scale with the older versions of Wilson. If you see the images of the comparison between old vs. new Wilson, the old Wilson towers over the new iteration. So, I assume Doyle is slightly out of scale for the new Wilson. Maybe not, I could be wrong though.
Do you think the 2018 safari triceratops will scale with the new wilson?

MLMjp

The new Wilson has almost win me over. I still want to see photos from forum members to be 100% sure, but you could say that, the moment it appears in everything dinosaur, is the moment when I order him.

Bread

Quote from: JimoAi on December 22, 2020, 05:31:38 PM
Possibly, once I get the new Wilson in hand, I'll compare the two, as well as Safari's Feathered rex.

Dromaenychus

Quote from: JimoAi on December 22, 2020, 05:31:38 PM

I believe all the Hell Creek dinosaurs released by Safari ltd in the last few years are meant to be 1/35 scale. So Triceratops, T Rex, Ankylosaurus, Anzu, and Pachycephalosaurus should all be in scale with the new Wilson.
I'm pretty sure the Morrison Formation ones are as well.

JimoAi

The stegosaurus is 25cm when outstretched

Flaffy

Quote from: Dromaenychus on December 23, 2020, 02:16:42 AM
I believe all the Hell Creek dinosaurs released by Safari ltd in the last few years are meant to be 1/35 scale. So Triceratops, T Rex, Ankylosaurus, Anzu, and Pachycephalosaurus should all be in scale with the new Wilson.
I'm pretty sure the Morrison Formation ones are as well.

The Pachycephalosaurus is most definitely not in 1/35 scale.

JimoAi

My Updated wilson is arriving next week

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Are the dewclaw positions correct in this new Wilson figure? I think both would need to be pointed downwards.  But in this figure one is upward position.

Bokisaurus

These two arrived unexpectedly! Ordered them 2 weeks ago, wasn't expecting them till next month! ;D
Beautiful models!
More photos in my collection thread if you want to see more, cheers!
[]

Faelrin

B @Bokisaurus Lucky you for getting them so soon. As per usual I'll be sure to have a look.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

KeU

That's good timing.
I am waiting on those 2 as well.
They just cleared customs.
With the holidays coming up, I am not expecting them til next year.

Duna

I received Rosana yesterday! It's one of the best PNSO figures of the year. She's absolutely lovely.

cooksonia

Recycle the boxes as they take up too much room

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: