News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:38:04 AM
More photos/comparisons with the Miragaia.

I love it so much! My favorite stegosaur and the warm colors look really good on it. The small one they made a couple of years ago can't compare to this new spiked giraffe goddess :P

Duna

Oh, in real figure the paint scheme it's even better! The spikes are really yellow-orange! I'm in love ...

postsaurischian

:o :D Breathtaking! This is almost too good to be true. What a bad year it has been ..... but obviously not for PNSO.

Jose S.M.

The Miragaia look very beautiful and elegant in its solo photo

Bread

I am probably not the only one concern with this, but I hope PNSO slow down next year with the amount of releases. This Miragaia is beautiful, but I need some time to catchup :-[

I am still wondering about the Edmontonia, it was revealed less than a month ago but just disappeared. As well as the Parasaurolophus being said to be a possible "2020" figure.

Andre

Can't wait to get the Miragaia, and I already have the Tuojiangosaurus in hands.. I think they are both outstanding!!! Is it just me, or the PNSO's Stegosaurus is far from the same quality? I'm definitely not a fan of the paint job and I don't like how small it is.. I wish they did a proper Stegosaurus to go with these two.

Andre

Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:21:42 PM
I am probably not the only one concern with this, but I hope PNSO slow down next year with the amount of releases. This Miragaia is beautiful, but I need some time to catchup :-[

I am still wondering about the Edmontonia, it was revealed less than a month ago but just disappeared. As well as the Parasaurolophus being said to be a possible "2020" figure.

Is the Edmontonia an official PNSO release? I've seen a couple of pictures on another thread, but didn't look like something official from PNSO. Am I missing something?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Andre on December 08, 2020, 01:24:50 PM
Can't wait to get the Miragaia, and I already have the Tuojiangosaurus in hands.. I think they are both outstanding!!! Is it just me, or the PNSO's Stegosaurus is far from the same quality? I'm definitely not a fan of the paint job and I don't like how small it is.. I wish they did a proper Stegosaurus to go with these two.
the small size is the best thing about that Stegosaurus, its the only Stegosaurus that doesn't make the Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus look too small
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Quote from: Andre on December 08, 2020, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:21:42 PM

Is the Edmontonia an official PNSO release? I've seen a couple of pictures on another thread, but didn't look like something official from PNSO. Am I missing something?
I believe someone posted the images of the figure here in this thread. I could be wrong, but I have for sure seen it on instagram. I do remember it was not a full "teaser" image like the Miragaia. It was for sure from PNSO though.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on December 07, 2020, 08:35:05 PM
Deleted my comment. Others' comments made me realize I was attacking an artist's work unnecessarily. I was wrong to do so.

S @Shane

Honestly there was nothing wrong with what you wrote. You had legit concerns and raised them. And when people answered your concerns, you accepted it. No biggie. To be honest, I also had to do some research when I first saw promo pics because I was unaware of this interpretation as well, and initially the only references I could find were artists renditions and not scientific literature (in fact some published papers in 2019 and early 2020 still show the old reconstruction). I haven't done a deep research dive yet, as I haven't had time nor resources immediately at my disposal :)

I didn't read it as attacking the artist's work (in fact you complimented the artist's work).

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 08, 2020, 01:43:10 PM
Deleted my comment. Others' comments made me realize I was attacking an artist's work unnecessarily. I was wrong to do so.

S @Shane

Honestly there was nothing wrong with what you wrote. You had legit concerns and raised them. And when people answered your concerns, you accepted it. No biggie. To be honest, I also had to do some research when I first saw promo pics because I was unaware of this interpretation as well, and initially the only references I could find were artists renditions and not scientific literature (in fact some published papers in 2019 and early 2020 still show the old reconstruction). I haven't done a deep research dive yet, as I haven't had time nor resources immediately at my disposal :)

I didn't read it as attacking the artist's work (in fact you complimented the artist's work).

I agree. I thought Shane's logic was sound. A lot of people, myself included, have been taken back by this reconstruction. In science we have to question everything, and there's certainly nothing wrong with questioning a skeletal by a talented artist who doesn't have a background in paleontology. And believe me, I hate the "you don't have a degree" argument, but sometimes it's valid. You want scientific references. Actually, I think it's a good thing that you brought it up because I admittedly took Patch's reconstruction at face value when I should have looked deeper than that and asked questions about its source.

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 08, 2020, 01:43:10 PM

S @Shane

I appreciate that perspective, but how it was being construed made me just want to delete it rather than have it be seen as an attack on the artist.

My comments were more about her Shringasaurus reconstruction than her take on Miragaia anyway, so it wasn't super relevant.

While I don't think a degree in paleontology is a prerequisite for being a good paleo-artist, I just think we need to look at things skeptically.

Like many here I suspect, I grew up revering David Peters and his wonderful paleo-art, only to see him suddenly decide he was an "expert" on Pterosauria, and we all know how that went.

Obviously that is an extreme example and not in any way meant to reflect Ashley's work, it just makes me overly paranoid I suppose about accepting any new reconstructions that aren't necessarily backed up by a consensus yet.

But I don't want to really drag it out much further because I don't really see a way to discuss this without it being seen as an attack on the artist herself, and that is sincerely not my intention.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, this miragaia is spectacular. That bright and striking color of the plates gives a feeling of admirable strength and energy. Honestly, that number is very tempting. The sculpture is detailed in terms of plates and scales and it must be said this figure is promotional, having the PNSO figures physically like almost all brands of toy dinosaurs changes in this case even more positively and perceptibly said figure.

postsaurischian

Andre

And there goes more money.. but I've got to get this one..
I'm in trouble if they do release one new model each week until February.. since the Microraptor was revealed it's been 11 weeks and 12 models. Until February it's seven weeks more... oux....

Bread

The Miragaia is also on amazon as of now. It is about $31 which in my opinion is a good price for it. I still find it strange that the Sinoceratops price is $31, especially when comparing it to the Miragaia and other ceratopsians.

Bernie Brontosaurus

Quote from: Bread on December 09, 2020, 12:08:00 PM
The Miragaia is also on amazon as of now. It is about $31 which in my opinion is a good price for it. I still find it strange that the Sinoceratops price is $31, especially when comparing it to the Miragaia and other ceratopsians.

Link???

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, only had the Time to read. This Miragaia came out of nowhere. I just do not know what to say anymore :D

I really did not know alot about Miragaia, since i never was that much into Stegosaurs, but it seems that PNSO is offering a small whole Set of each Family.
Moreover i really did not know about the length of teh Spikes/Plates. I have to catch up with recent Stuff about it.

I just hope, all of these new Figures will last a bit and theres no sold out that fast. I plan to get all of the new PNSOs over the Time. I always liked PNSO but they went straight to be my Nr. 1 Company.

Bread

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 09, 2020, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 09, 2020, 12:08:00 PM

Link???
https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Prehistoric-Lambeosaurus/dp/B08LCYY547/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pnso%2Bdinosaurs&qid=1607519024&sprefix=pnso%2B&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

SidB

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 09, 2020, 12:17:41 PM
Wow, only had the Time to read. This Miragaia came out of nowhere. I just do not know what to say anymore :D

I really did not know alot about Miragaia, since i never was that much into Stegosaurs, but it seems that PNSO is offering a small whole Set of each Family.
Moreover i really did not know about the length of teh Spikes/Plates. I have to catch up with recent Stuff about it.

I just hope, all of these new Figures will last a bit and theres no sold out that fast. I plan to get all of the new PNSOs over the Time. I always liked PNSO but they went straight to be my Nr. 1 Company.
For me, it was always Battat as #1, even over Safari Carnegie, then by the mid 2010's Safari, especially with the work of Doug Watson, has been IT. PNSO was in another category with its high-end figures and minis, BUT, now with this dramatic move, I have to agree, they are the best mass-production brand in the world.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: