News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2020, 02:17:08 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 09, 2020, 12:17:41 PM
Wow, only had the Time to read. This Miragaia came out of nowhere. I just do not know what to say anymore :D

I really did not know alot about Miragaia, since i never was that much into Stegosaurs, but it seems that PNSO is offering a small whole Set of each Family.
Moreover i really did not know about the length of teh Spikes/Plates. I have to catch up with recent Stuff about it.

I just hope, all of these new Figures will last a bit and theres no sold out that fast. I plan to get all of the new PNSOs over the Time. I always liked PNSO but they went straight to be my Nr. 1 Company.
For me, it was always Battat as #1, even over Safari Carnegie, then by the mid 2010's Safari, especially with the work of Doug Watson, has been IT. PNSO was in another category with its high-end figures and minis, BUT, now with this dramatic move, I have to agree, they are the best mass-production brand in the world.

I agree, PNSO is a gamechanger. They've combined the best attributes from all the other companies. They've got the accuracy, affordability, realism, and detail. They've achieved as close to perfection as it can get. And now, both quality and quantity.

Bread

Especially if PNSO keep up with this medium-mid range size line, they will remain at the top (for me too personally). I just hope PNSO produce more species that have not been made by other companies as of now.

Bernie Brontosaurus

Quote from: Bread on December 09, 2020, 01:04:37 PM
Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 09, 2020, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 09, 2020, 12:08:00 PM
The Miragaia is also on amazon as of now. It is about $31 which in my opinion is a good price for it. I still find it strange that the Sinoceratops price is $31, especially when comparing it to the Miragaia and other ceratopsians.

Link???
https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Prehistoric-Lambeosaurus/dp/B08LCYY547/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pnso%2Bdinosaurs&qid=1607519024&sprefix=pnso%2B&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

That's the Lambeosaurus, not the Miragaia.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 09, 2020, 02:53:44 PM
The Miragaia is also on amazon as of now. It is about $31 which in my opinion is a good price for it. I still find it strange that the Sinoceratops price is $31, especially when comparing it to the Miragaia and other ceratopsians.

Link???
https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Prehistoric-Lambeosaurus/dp/B08LCYY547/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pnso%2Bdinosaurs&qid=1607519024&sprefix=pnso%2B&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

The link is the same, just select the Miragaia picture to the right and it will change.

Dusty Wren

PNSO is really killing it this year. I'm hoping that they eventually branch out into prehistoric mammals, as well. I'd be first in line to buy a Sivatherium (or any other extinct giraffid) from them.
Check out my customs thread!

Bernie Brontosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2020, 03:04:27 PM
Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 09, 2020, 02:53:44 PM

Link???

The link is the same, just select the Miragaia picture to the right and it will change.

LOL thanks!

Bread

Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:32:59 PM
Quote from: Andre on December 08, 2020, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:21:42 PM
I am probably not the only one concern with this, but I hope PNSO slow down next year with the amount of releases. This Miragaia is beautiful, but I need some time to catchup :-[

I am still wondering about the Edmontonia, it was revealed less than a month ago but just disappeared. As well as the Parasaurolophus being said to be a possible "2020" figure.

Is the Edmontonia an official PNSO release? I've seen a couple of pictures on another thread, but didn't look like something official from PNSO. Am I missing something?
I believe someone posted the images of the figure here in this thread. I could be wrong, but I have for sure seen it on instagram. I do remember it was not a full "teaser" image like the Miragaia. It was for sure from PNSO though.
Found the image:

To me, this seems to look like an unreleased figure. Looks pretty good, but I don't remember if anyone has already posted this in previous pages.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on December 09, 2020, 07:10:32 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:32:59 PM
Quote from: Andre on December 08, 2020, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 08, 2020, 01:21:42 PM
I am probably not the only one concern with this, but I hope PNSO slow down next year with the amount of releases. This Miragaia is beautiful, but I need some time to catchup :-[

I am still wondering about the Edmontonia, it was revealed less than a month ago but just disappeared. As well as the Parasaurolophus being said to be a possible "2020" figure.
Can anyone read the script for us?

Is the Edmontonia an official PNSO release? I've seen a couple of pictures on another thread, but didn't look like something official from PNSO. Am I missing something?
I believe someone posted the images of the figure here in this thread. I could be wrong, but I have for sure seen it on instagram. I do remember it was not a full "teaser" image like the Miragaia. It was for sure from PNSO though.
Found the image:

To me, this seems to look like an unreleased figure. Looks pretty good, but I don't remember if anyone has already posted this in previous pages.

Sim

For me, PNSO isn't the best yet.  Species selection is important too, and so far PNSO is over-representing ornithischians while having a lack of theropods and sauropodomorphs.  For me the species selection doesn't seem to be improving any time soon, as Spinosaurus, tyrannosauroids and allosauroids are for the most part boring to me and pretty much everyone offers them.

Safari's still the best for me.  Their newest Stegosaurus is nicer than PNSO's too in my opinion.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on December 09, 2020, 08:21:50 PM
For me, PNSO isn't the best yet.  Species selection is important too, and so far PNSO is over-representing ornithischians while having a lack of theropods and sauropodomorphs.  For me the species selection doesn't seem to be improving any time soon, as Spinosaurus, tyrannosauroids and allosauroids are for the most part boring to me and pretty much everyone offers them.

Safari's still the best for me.  Their newest Stegosaurus is nicer than PNSO's too in my opinion.

All valid points. But as far as representing ornithischians goes, PNSO has it on lockdown. The fact that you have to say they're over-representing ornithischians when most other companies under-represent them is significant in its own right. And you're right, Safari has the better Stegosaurus, but PNSO's level of quality has already improved since that release.

Shonisaurus

By the way, that beautiful PNSO Miragaia is also available on Aliexpress and at a more affordable price?

SidB

Whoops, my reply to avatar_Bread @Bread 's post miscarried. My question is, can anyone translate the script associated with the Ankylosaurus image? Perhaps that will provide a clue to its availability.

Bread

I would say that PNSO have certainly brought hadrosaurs to the spotlight for once. I also think they make excellent ankylosaurids. Yes I would like to see more therapods and maybe non-dinosaurs from them, but I still love everything we have gotten at the moment. No complaints from me, just my wallet crying.
However, I will say that Safari does still make fantastic ceratopsians.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 09, 2020, 08:40:33 PM
By the way, that beautiful PNSO Miragaia is also available on Aliexpress and at a more affordable price?

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 09, 2020, 08:39:34 AM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 07, 2020, 12:23:33 AM
Firstly, there is no way I can call that a 2020 release. .......

Well, I guess it is now ^-^ .  >> Miragaia on AliExpress:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001862828959.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.69884c4dRJxPv5

Sim

Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2020, 08:50:38 PM
Whoops, my reply to avatar_Bread @Bread 's post miscarried. My question is, can anyone translate the script associated with the Ankylosaurus image? Perhaps that will provide a clue to its availability.

S @SidB I think you mean the Edmontonia image.

paleochris

For me the only small default of PNSO is the too important differences of paint between the photo prototype and the production, it's really a pity.
But for me, PNSO is now the best brand on the current dinosaurs figures market between 15 and 50$.

- a lot of new releases
- uncommon species
- details, finesse and, despite everything, a paint job superior to Collecta and Safari (in my opinion) with more natural shades and better contrasts.
- the general appearance of their figurines is much less "toy-like" than the others brand. They are real museum figurines for collectors who like scientific accuracy and prefer realistic models
- it is PNSO that does the most research to be close to scientific reconstructions even if there are sometimes imperfections (the stegosaurus for example which is more accurate at Safari yes)
- one day, PNSO will release sauropods and theropods and it will hurt a lot I think haha

Finally I also find a better constant in the quality of their figurines which is quite homogeneous, while brands like Papo or collecta sometimes have big differences in quality between their figurines. It's just my opinion :)

SidB

Quote from: Sim on December 09, 2020, 09:28:22 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2020, 08:50:38 PM

S @SidB I think you mean the Edmontonia image.
Yes! I must have been off on a comet on that one.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: paleochris on December 09, 2020, 11:01:32 PM
For me the only small default of PNSO is the too important differences of paint between the photo prototype and the production, it's really a pity.
But for me, PNSO is now the best brand on the current dinosaurs figures market between 15 and 50$.

(...)

Finally I also find a better constant in the quality of their figurines which is quite homogeneous, while brands like Papo or collecta sometimes have big differences in quality between their figurines. It's just my opinion :)

I share this opinion.
Also enjoy how they are improving older figures while coming out with new ones. Regarding the paint, the newest figures seem to look very close to their prototypes (Miragaia, Corythosaurus, Spinosaurus et al) so this seems to be improving as well.

paleochris

Yes, it depends. For the Corythosaurus, indeed, I have it in my hands and the paint is fantastic, superb, very close to the prototype promotion. It's less the case for the Machairoceratops which disappointed me a little compared to the photos in hand but I don't have it yet so my opinion will change maybe when I have it.

I also have the Borealopelta and it's the same, the paint of the spines is less beautiful/precise but overall, it still clearly surpasses all the other companies.

For the moment and in my opinion only, Microraptor and Corythosaurus are the best PNSO 2020 figures, the ones that respect the promotion paint the most I find.

Shonisaurus

The only difference in the quality of the figure with respect to the prototype by PNSO of this year 2020 is found only in the machairoceratops, otherwise all the figures including that ceraptóside are better to have them physically than to see them in any type of photography or promotional video or collector's.

I agree with many opinions of many of the DTF members, without a doubt, PNSO is doing a hard job and this great company is taking the limelight away from many companies in Europe and America, and not only is PNSO making outstanding figures, other Chinese dinosaur brands are making a phenomenal and competitive job that is very difficult to beat, such as the Itoy paraceratherium.

This year's PNSO dinosaur figures are hard to beat in the toy dinosaur market at a very high percentage.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: