You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Impact of the Coronavirus and Self-Isolation

Started by suspsy, March 03, 2020, 11:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Well despite all our best efforts I've just posted a positive test result. Hardly surprising given the state of play here. Given the press omicron is receiving I guess you wish for that rather than the delta. That's almost a full set now, all 4 of our children and myself.

My wife is still undergoing chemo so is in the extremely clinically vulnerable category. It seems the uk has invested in a frontline drug which reduces the risk significantly. Hopefully I won't pass this on to her so won't need to find out the efficacy of the treatment.

I imagine this might be the omicron strain as I'm triple vaccinated and looked to have caught in a very well ventilated room or outdoors.

For a second year running Christmas is disrupted and today is our tenth wedding anniversary too.

Take care all.

Lanthanotus

All the best for you and your family, Steve. May the disease not affect you any further.

Faelrin

avatar_UK @UK I'm so sorry it has caught up to you, and at the worst of times (not that there is a better time per se). I hope you recover from it swiftly and your wife is safe from it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

UK

Quote from: Faelrin on December 23, 2021, 04:48:29 PM
avatar_UK @UK I'm so sorry it has caught up to you, and at the worst of times (not that there is a better time per se). I hope you recover from it swiftly and your wife is safe from it.
Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 23, 2021, 02:21:24 PM
All the best for you and your family, Steve. May the disease not affect you any further.
Thank you both. Just to really pour salt on to the wounds, I've cracked a tooth. You can't make it up!

ceratopsian

Sorry to hear this avatar_UK @UK.  I hope all goes well for you, and most especially for your wife.

Faelrin

avatar_UK @UK With how nuts things have been for me this year the truth is sometimes stranger then fiction. Sorry you got to deal with that too now though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

avatar_UK @UK so sorry to hear this news. I hope that symptoms will be mild and you all have a speedy recovery.
Yeah, it's back to being scary again!
We just have another breakthrough case at work that potentially exposed many of us!
Stay safe everyone.

Libraraptor

avatar_UK @UK I am sorry to hear that and I hope all goes well for you and your wife. Stay safe everyone.

Halichoeres

I'm sorry to hear about that, avatar_UK @UK--wishing you and your wife the best.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Just to add my best wishes to you and your family avatar_UK @UK and hope for a speedy recovery.

This Omicron variant is worrying in its infectiousness, even if doesn't look as dangerous overall. Eight friends and family I know currently have it in the UK, personally the highest number since the virus started. Thankfully, none have been hospitalised so far, but it's still a worry as some are vulnerable.

Stay safe everyone, get jabbed and follow the guidance in your countries.

UK

Quote from: Crackington on December 24, 2021, 12:20:57 PM
Just to add my best wishes to you and your family avatar_UK @UK and hope for a speedy recovery.

This Omicron variant is worrying in its infectiousness, even if doesn't look as dangerous overall. Eight friends and family I know currently have it in the UK, personally the highest number since the virus started. Thankfully, none have been hospitalised so far, but it's still a worry as some are vulnerable.

Stay safe everyone, get jabbed and follow the guidance in your countries.

Thanks Rob. Hopefully you had a good Christmas.

Start to feel better now, still testing positive but can come out of isolation tomorrow as will be 10 days after symptoms set in.

My wife avoided it but I've been locked away upstairs. At first there was concern for me, now a bit of anger that I spoilt Christmas  ::) oh well, here's to a better 2022.

UK

Forgot to say avatar_Crackington @Crackington , looks like the derby is on next year  :)

Happy New Year all.

suspsy

My wife and I got our boosters 24 hours ago.

Everyone be sure to get theirs at the soonest opportunity!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

avatar_UK @UK I'm sorry for what is happening to you and your wife. You have my support. Happy New Year everyone, I had forgotten.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy  I'm happy for you and your wife. I'm going to order the third booster dose online and the flu shot.

Now there is a strain that combines omicron with flu. You have to be alert to avoid a bad cold.

Bokisaurus

Hi everyone,
Like many, and despite our best efforts, my husband and I came down with Covid.
It's been a stressful two weeks for me since prior to being infected with Covid, I was recovering from another viral infection!

Just shows just how different and highly transmissible this Omicron variant is! I am fully vaccinated and even got my booster.
I guess it's a blessing that when I got it, I was fully vaccinated so the symptoms are milder. I'm praying it stays mild.
I work in the medical field so the threats of exposure is constant.
Stay safe and vigilant!

Boki

Takama

Well i just got tested today, due to cold like symptoms i had. And now, im positive for Covid 19. :(

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus avatar_Takama @Takama Best wishes for a speedy recovery from Covid-19.

For my part, I got the third booster shot. I have to update my personal covid passport to travel in Europe and the flu vaccine in my health center.

On the other hand, the nurses have told me that they will have to give not only me but all of us who are vaccinated a fourth booster dose, and that is not all. In the end, you will have to get the vaccine against covid-19 once a year like the flu vaccine. Covid-19 has come to stay, although fortunately it will no longer pass from a simple cold or flu that can cause the death of extremely sick or vulnerable people, it is normal that it does not cause death, although of course it will leave sequelae in some people in a negative way, although fortunately the consequences will not be so aggressive because we are vaccinated.

suspsy

I'd get a booster every single month if meant not having to worry about severe COVID illness.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: