News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World TV Series is a Go

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 07, 2020, 02:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I already have Netflix so I don't intend to pay for Peacock too, which means it looks like I'll have to be seeing this the same way I saw the Mandolorian...  O:-)

Here's hoping it comes out relatively soon before the next film.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah  i can maybe do a free trial and see it.  I hope it gets a dvd release, Netflix is a pain about releasing it's content that way.

Dinoxels

I will probably just get a Peacock membership for just enough time to watch this show. If it's anything like Battle at Big Rock, I'm excited.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD---a rumor claims that Amblin Television is developing a JURASSIC WORLD tv series for NBC's Peacock streaming network for 2021 or 2022. The series would film in Vancouver.

Sarapaurolophus

I'm game for anything that doesn't feature the movie protagonists ::)

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 07, 2020, 03:00:17 AM
I already have Netflix so I don't intend to pay for Peacock too, which means it looks like I'll have to be seeing this the same way I saw the Mandolorian...  O:-)

Same.

austrosaurus

I can't see that this is going to be any good unfortunately, although with the sort of budget and production value that's going into TV shows these days (Game of Thrones, Westworld etc) I'm happy to be proven wrong here. With that being said, Star Wars is the only property I can think of at the moment which has TV shows set in the same universe as its movies which are also better than at least one of said movies, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In terms of plot, I can't really see where they'd be able to take it, especially with the plot of Dominion thus far unknown. I think it would be really interesting if they did it like a slice-of-life serial about the early days of the park, showcasing some of the animals that never got to be shown on-screen such as Metriacanthosaurus and Edmontosaurus. It would also be a really good opportunity to retcon the ghastly designs that were used in the World movies (*cough*Baryonyx*cough*).

CityRaptor

I always thought of the movie Baryonyx as starving. Which probably explains why it was so persistant.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: austrosaurus on March 29, 2020, 11:12:12 PM
I can't see that this is going to be any good unfortunately, although with the sort of budget and production value that's going into TV shows these days (Game of Thrones, Westworld etc) I'm happy to be proven wrong here.

It isn't really hard to come up with something better than JW, plot-wise. Maybe the tighter budget could allow for less Transformers-esque dino fights and instead slower interaction via use of animatronics and would give more room for story and the development of more appealing human characters (I am tired of both sides, InGen and "PeTD").

I am less worried about special effects and more about repeating the problems of the JW movies. Also would help if they portrayed the dinosaurs more like animals and less like crazy, overpowered killer machines. You can't have an entire show of people running from mutant dinosaurs - although that would be a fun premise if it was a Turok adaption :P

austrosaurus

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on March 30, 2020, 11:17:05 AM
Quote from: austrosaurus on March 29, 2020, 11:12:12 PM
I can't see that this is going to be any good unfortunately, although with the sort of budget and production value that's going into TV shows these days (Game of Thrones, Westworld etc) I'm happy to be proven wrong here.

It isn't really hard to come up with something better than JW, plot-wise. Maybe the tighter budget could allow for less Transformers-esque dino fights and instead slower interaction via use of animatronics and would give more room for story and the development of more appealing human characters (I am tired of both sides, InGen and "PeTD").

I am less worried about special effects and more about repeating the problems of the JW movies. Also would help if they portrayed the dinosaurs more like animals and less like crazy, overpowered killer machines. You can't have an entire show of people running from mutant dinosaurs - although that would be a fun premise if it was a Turok adaption :P

WRT my bringing up of "production values", I didn't mean so much the special effects, although those are impressive in the two shows I mentioned, but more the writing, acting, thematics and ability to craft an engaging and complex overarching plot; I guess I should have gone for something less special effects-heavy like The Wire to get my point across.