News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Dusty Wren

I don't think a hair dryer is going to get hot enough to enough to cure polymer clay. Heat guns are only going to work on very thin sections--most likely, you'll end up curing the top layer of clay while the inner layer stays soft, which won't fix your cracking problem.

If baking isn't an option, why not use air-dry clay? There are some good ones on the market.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

Thanks avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren Okay. I may have brought this up before, but how helpful will boiling be?

also Big announcement, my animations can be viewed here:http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9300.new#new

Dusty Wren

Boiling water doesn't get hot enough to cure Super Sculpey. Sculpey needs to reach about 275 degrees Fahrenheit to harden, and boiling water is only going to get to around 212 degrees. Plus, Sculpey needs to be supported carefully while its being heated, because the clay tends to soften before it hardens, and I don't see how you can do that in a pot of boiling water. You'll probably end up with a very weak sculpture that's only partially cured, if it even comes out of the pot in one piece.

Is there reason you're set on using polymer clay? If you can't bake it, it doesn't seem like a good option for you right now. Something that doesn't require an oven to harden (air-dry clay, paper mache, or something that hardens through a chemical reaction like Apoxie Sculpt) would be a better choice.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 02, 2021, 03:45:17 PM
Boiling water doesn't get hot enough to cure Super Sculpey. Sculpey needs to reach about 275 degrees Fahrenheit to harden, and boiling water is only going to get to around 212 degrees. Plus, Sculpey needs to be supported carefully while its being heated, because the clay tends to soften before it hardens, and I don't see how you can do that in a pot of boiling water. You'll probably end up with a very weak sculpture that's only partially cured, if it even comes out of the pot in one piece.

Is there reason you're set on using polymer clay? If you can't bake it, it doesn't seem like a good option for you right now. Something that doesn't require an oven to harden (air-dry clay, paper mache, or something that hardens through a chemical reaction like Apoxie Sculpt) would be a better choice.

Second this,.... my personal choice would be Fixit Sculpt, an epoxy moelling mass, but Apoxie (sam company) will do aswell as Grennstuff or Milliput.....

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 02, 2021, 03:45:17 PM

I see. The reason I can only use polymer is because its the only one I have, and my dad got a lot of it because he believed in me. So I will just feel like human garbage if I waste it, because its basically throwing away my respect and my dad's trust. I feel sick about not using it. Im thinking my later sculpture will follow the correct structure and formula, but now the lilliensternus, therizinosaurus, and rhizodus are already being detailed and they look like they might have some potential. I also think I should make landscapes and bases, as it;s relatively more calm and easy than a dinosaur, and my dad will see I'm not just all bout dinosaurs, and he really likes natural landscapes like I do. So yeah, I'm sorry if I sound entitled or spoiled when I say this, I know it sounds like that, but I'm not trying to.

Dusty Wren

Ah, that makes sense. For the record, you weren't coming off as entitled or spoiled--I was just curious about your reasons, so thank you for explaining the situation to me. I think it's lovely that your dad supports your art, and that you wanted to make something that you both enjoy.

If you store Sculpey in an airtight container, it can last for years. Even old, crumbly clay can be revived with a little liquid Sculpey and some conditioning. So even if you can't use it right now, you don't have to throw it out! You might get access to an oven you can use sometime in the future. I know everything is shut down thanks to COVID, but it might be worthwhile to check with your local library. Some of the libraries in my area have makerspaces that people can use for free, and I know at least some of them have ovens for polymer clay stuff.       

Stegotyranno420

Woah, thanks to you so much avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren , this why I like to your friend, you are resourceful, understanding, and kind hearted. Thank you for being my buddy in return

Starting off February with a beefy Cryolophosaurus

Cryolophosaurus: A bulky predator, thick fat protects it from the (relatively) cold environment it resides in. Antarctica maybe be much hotter than it is today, but still was no tropical jungle. Think of like San Fransico on a summer evening by cold sea. Not too cold, definitely not snowing. So Cryolophosaurus probably evolved a defense against this.
(Behind the scenes:In recent years, the idea of a fluffy Cryolophosaurus has been showing up. I thought, what if it evolved fat reserves to keep it warm. Here, I depict it as a robust animal rather than a skinny or feathery animal. I also give it other primative features, like scales and osteoderms. What sucks is that the drawing in real-life was much more detailed, but my camera distorted it for some reason(first time), so im sorry if it looks terrible.)

Stegotyranno420

New drawings everybody!

First, we got some Retro theropods and a "pterodactyl"(my God, I hate that word); Laelaps(Dryptosaurus), Gwangi(Allosaurus from Valley of Gwangi), Spinosaurus, "Pterodactyl", Dilophosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus

Then we got a (speculative)Female Spinosaurus: Here, I SPECULATE(for fun, not backed by evidence, only speculation) that male spinosaurs were larger and stronger than the females, and the females were more gracile and elegant than the assumed robust males. They had different but equally elaborate patterns. They attracted each other. While it usually seems the male attracts the female, there are many cases where both species are attracted to each other, such as humans and this one bird species I forgot about. The female spinosaurus here has a distinct striped "beak" (its not a beak, its deadly jaws) feature on their snout that is unique to her population.

Realistic Diracodont: More speculation! Here, I imagine Diracodon(or Diracodus because I think it sounds better) as a late Cretaceous descendant of stegosaurus, and it evolved bipedalism and extremely reduced armor to better evade predators and changed defense from spikes and plates to sharp claws and a somewhat painful bite, although nothing compared to that of its predators. It also had a increased brain size, as smart as ankylosaurs, hadrosaurs, and pachycephalosaurs it shared the land with.

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

Heres an Indian Elephant. I made this because my Mother and Father aren't extremely fond of dinosaurs. but they like modern birds and large mammals, so I made it for them.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's a lovely elephant drawing,the Cryolophosaurus is very nice too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx thank you very much

Here is my Lava Argentinosaurus, based on an unnamed skeletal i found on the Google
Sorry if it looks bad
Also I will replace the Reddit(if you know what you are doing there, it ain't that bad of a place)link with a postimage link once I could access it again

Bread

That Argentinosaurus looks wonderful. I really like the "lava" color scheme. A figure of that drawing would be fantastic. Also that elephant you posted earlier is quite nice as well. Keep up the great work.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I agree, that is a lovely Argentinosaurus avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 nice colour scheme choice, and well executed
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Thanks avatar_Bread @Bread and avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx
Also here's the updated link, from postimages

so far, what is your favorite (and least favorite)drawing
Im going by Digital Sketches and Paper Skethces
WIll be best if you explained(sorry if it seems like I'm forcing, I'm just curious)

Shonisaurus

I really like that argentinosaurus! It's honestly one of your best drawings. It seems made by a paleoartist. My congratulations that reddish brown color looks spectacular.

Stegotyranno420

Thank you so much avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus
Brachiosaurus/Giraffititan:
once again, sorry if it's inaccurate or bad looking

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 11, 2021, 07:05:51 PM
Thank you so much avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus
Brachiosaurus/Giraffititan:
once again, sorry if it's inaccurate or bad looking
FLABBY NECK ALERT
I love it!!!! just how i love my sauropods

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's great, I love it when people do sauropod necks like that

Stegotyranno420

Haha thanks avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 and thanks avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx . Its always so great to have people support my art

here is my torvosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: