News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Sorry for the late replys

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I'm glad you liked them, say, whats your second favorite dinosaur
avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 thanks buddy. Say, whats your second favorite dinosaur too?

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

I really did not like how this plateosaurus turned out. Im scared my art ability is gonna dwindle

Justin_

I would try making all the background a lot lighter and maybe a bit less focused. The composition is really good.

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 26, 2021, 06:04:03 AM
I really did not like how this plateosaurus turned out. Im scared my art ability is gonna dwindle
dont worry i know the feeling. i like it!
just try new things, add weird structures, strange colours and stuff, get freaky all yesterdays style!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You're Yutyrannus is beautiful and appropriately fluffy.
The Plateosaurus is okay, I think the background like has already been said is what has weakened the look.

My second favourite dinosaur is probably Deinonychus, or maybe Maiasaura. Whichever you want
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Maiasaura it is, im terrible at feathers
Also, I'm just gonna stick back on the main line
I have also come up with my art groups in chronological order
Repaints>(Paused)
Sulptures(Paused)
Paper>Aliens Project(Paused)
Paper>Dragons Project(Paused)
Digital>Textured Line(Discontinued)
Paper>Sketches Line(Paused)
Digital>Early Digitals(Discontinued)
Digital>Main/Current Line(Active)
Digital>3D Line(Recently Paused)

Also, i might soon start taking commissions(business). If it gets better, im gonna start up a Paypal account, where i will take commissions for art. It can take 2-14 days depending on my work load. Im not sure how much the prices are supposed to go for, so can someone give me an idea. I hope this business can get me money for essentials, as well as figures.

Bread

Love the Yutyrannus. I always like when artists add green to therapods, plus you never really see green being thrown on feathers. Different and great interpretation for this animal! Keep up the great work, and good luck with the business idea, hope it works out well.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Bread @Bread thanks very much, originally, i was going to use the Yutyrannus by Bartek i converted into sticknodes, but i wanted to do something original and spontaneous.
I guess that describes me best when it comes to art.

Anyways here's an Aucasaurus Garridoi Enjoying a Lake View. Once again, nothing too great, but better than the last perspective attempt, much worse than the first.

This was a last attempt to see if i still got some mojo left from the sauropods. I guess either it was a fluke or it decayed :(
Anyways, can someone help me on how to price my commissions(all will be sideviews at the moment)
How does 20 dollars for basic commission, 25 dollars for specialized commission, and extra 2+ dollars plus shipping for printed and signed copies.

Reuben03

when i do music commissions i get people to choose the price and then paypal whatever to me

and if i did art commissions i'd charge like, 50p at most lol.

then again, my art does not come close to yours

Stegotyranno420

Im a kid tho, and im worried about all of the karens who are gonna try to shut down my business.

Another thing is that no one  is gonna take me seriously for my age.
And yes, i may use my brothers paypal

Im also worried that people might not like my art, and i understand you guys seem to love it, but not everyone is the same in life. They might ask for a refund, so i will do no refunds
As well as, where will i start selling my pieces?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You could try etsy, I think that's what they're called, you'll probably want to advertise a bit.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Anyways, I am painting the mojo allosaurus and this bootleg of the collect achelousaurys
Any idea what patterns I should do or what should I add, I'm still working on them

Stegotyranno420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMP1G_f1YA

Also, until i get a drawpad for the laptop to make it work more efficiently, then i will continue, or maybe i just feel very tired, and will probably return normally in a few days
If that isn't the case, i will probably return to my animating roots, you can check here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9300.0

Stay tuned my dinosaur lover friends

Stegotyranno420

Btw I made the song in the Yutyrannus video

Stegotyranno420

Alright, everyone, I made my first stegosaur... DACENTRURUS ARMATUS. It was for my brother, who is the reason I liked stegosaurs in the beginning back then when he was a dinosaur enthusiast like me...now he is a sports fan so he doesn't care too much. I chose this specific species for two reasons. Its super big and built, and its one of the first dinosaurs i knew about, yes, i am not joking. There was this game called dinosaur strike that had a bunch of obscure species.
As you can tell, I'm not good with thyreophorans at all. Infact, they are probably the only species i didn't drew because they were too hard. But i tried, and i guess its decent. My brother far prefers my theropods and sauropods.
But at least i tried, so here it is

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 29, 2021, 07:28:04 AM
Alright, everyone, I made my first stegosaur... DACENTRURUS ARMATUS. It was for my brother, who is the reason I liked stegosaurs in the beginning back then when he was a dinosaur enthusiast like me...now he is a sports fan so he doesn't care too much. I chose this specific species for two reasons. Its super big and built, and its one of the first dinosaurs i knew about, yes, i am not joking. There was this game called dinosaur strike that had a bunch of obscure species.
As you can tell, I'm not good with thyreophorans at all. Infact, they are probably the only species i didn't drew because they were too hard. But i tried, and i guess its decent. My brother far prefers my theropods and sauropods.
But at least i tried, so here it is
chunky!!! i love ittt

Halichoeres

Thyreophorans are difficult. The jagged plates are an interesting touch!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's a beautiful depiction of Dacentrurus, which is my 3rd favourite Stegosaur on account if it being found in the UK. My favourite Tuojiangosaurus which was the second Stegosaur I heard of, years before I heard of Kentrosaurus, which is probably the second best known.
You have captured the appearance of a solid, healthy animal, and it has a natural feel to it.
I have heard that the hardest to do are Ankylosaurs because of the osteoderms, and found it very difficult on the one time I attempted to draw an Ankylosaurus. It is very bad so I will not show it you. My attempt at Anchiornis even worse, and I think I destroyed it anyway.

Edited because autocorrect changed Anchiornis into Anchis

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Thanks so much my friend
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I agree. Yes thanks for noticing the plates, i wanted to kind of "discover" or speculate a possible use for the plates. How will they have been protected. I though maybe kertain spiked plates would be more realistic than a previous theory of folding plates that could slash carnivores. I also speculate this on spinosaurus, as it would had protected it's Achilles heel(or in this case, spine) with pointy spikes or speculative osteoderms to prevent rivals from taking advantage of it.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Im so glad about your opinion on my Dacentrurus.  Yes, i am even more scared to tackle the ankylosaurs. I'd love to see it though, many of my friends have shown me their works that they were too shy to show. Those pieces were amazing. And even if you do feel embarrassed, who cares. Its just drawing, I'm sure you are excellent at many other skill trees. Its okay to branch out,  even if you feel like it will just end up be a puny twig, but the twig might as well grow an acorn and create a new tree.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: