News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 28, 2020, 06:35:49 PM
That is the most beautiful drawing made by you. It far exceeds the previous two. At least I really like your spinosaurus.
Thanks, Might extend it in the future!

Stegotyranno420

Here is my Geoworld Tyrannosaurus, modified into a rajasaurus(WIP). This is a old project im gonna go back to work on. The reason its red is because i repainted this figure before. The tricky part is this is polymer super sculpey clay, so its gonna be hard to harden it. Any suggestions.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 10:35:04 PM
Ohhh, that's a brilliant custom!
Clever idea, I like it a lot.
Thanks Stolpergeist. Can you explain why(I know I sound like a teacher, sorry  :D)

Loon

That's a pretty impressive conversion. I know nothing of Geoworld figures and am more than happy to stay that way, but did you modify the snout? It looks shorter, so do the arms.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Nice custom regarding that tyrannosaurus transformed into rajasaurus. What I do not understand why that figure is so underrepresented in the world of the toy dinosaur market or so underrepresented. Indian dinosaurs need a little more love. My congratulations on your work.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 04:38:33 AM
That's a pretty impressive conversion. I know nothing of Geoworld figures and am more than happy to stay that way, but did you modify the snout? It looks shorter, so do the arms.
Thanks Loon, i believe it looks like that because i added more bulk to the width and height of the skull

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 08, 2020, 09:20:39 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Nice custom regarding that tyrannosaurus transformed into rajasaurus. What I do not understand why that figure is so underrepresented in the world of the toy dinosaur market or so underrepresented. Indian dinosaurs need a little more love. My congratulations on your work.
Thanks SHonisaurus

Stegotyranno420

Should i add lips and/or osteoderms? maybe i should put up a poll

Newt

Looking good! I think lips would be a good addition.

Have you figured out how you're going to harden it? If you don't want to put it in the oven, you can harden polymer clay by immersing it in boiling water for a few minutes (some people swear by this method, others claim it doesn't get the clay as hard as baking it does). Your figure will be extra flexible while hot, so you may need to prop it up while it cools so it doesn't slump.

You could also use a heat gun. They're inexpensive and let you bake just the part you want (make a collar of aluminum foil to protect areas you don't want to bake yet).

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 09, 2020, 07:46:34 PM
Should i add lips and/or osteoderms? maybe i should put up a poll
lips are always a theropod must have. When in doubt, add lips!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Stegotyranno420

Well, we are gonna do something different. I work in a animation program called sticknodes. And I make animations, and most of the stks/nodes(which are the character files )in this program. Here are some of them I'm recently finished

Top:Temendontosaurus Platydon(for Reuben 03)
Bottom (red): Erythosuchus
Bottom(tan): Epicyon
Blue Theropod: Carcharodontosaurs(can substitute for giganotosaurus)
Green theropod with a sail: obviously kulinodromeus ::) ;D

Oh yeah, keep in mind, these guys can move, if you know how to animate

Reuben03

YOOOOO TEMNODONTOSAURUS PLATYODON LOOKIN GOOD NICE JOB MAN ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on December 24, 2020, 09:58:43 AM
YOOOOO TEMNODONTOSAURUS PLATYODON LOOKIN GOOD NICE JOB MAN ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks, what should I make next?

Reuben03

#buildabetterfaketheropod perhaps? make some fictional theropods and show them off or something

Stegotyranno420

Shonisaurus

I really like the blue color that you have put on the body about that repainted spinosaurus (blue is one of my favorite colors) and on the other hand that striking red crest with orange spots has been great, perhaps if you had put some paler colors , that is to say more off it would have been even better than it is. It is a great job what you have done and I tell you sincerely.

Stegotyranno420

Thanks Shonisaurus. It's good to talk with you again

Halichoeres

Not bad! What did it look like before?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 29, 2020, 08:45:51 PM
Not bad! What did it look like before?
It was golden with a black stripe. I'm wondering what should I add to make it better

Stegotyranno420

New poll for next digital model

Edit:there is some trouble going on with the poll.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: