You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Playsets: Illustrated Guide to the Prehistoric Playsets of Marx & MPC

Started by japfeif, May 16, 2020, 04:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japfeif

Hey guys, just wanted to let anyone interested in Marx and/or MPC dinosaur playsets to know that the New & Revised edition of my book
Dinosaur Playsets: An Illustrated Guide to the Prehistoric Playsets of Marx and MPC Is NOW AVAILABLE!

The new book has actually been available for a couple weeks now and response so far has been overwhelmingly positive and I'm really excited to be able to share this new revised edition with collectors of Marx and MPC dinosaur figures and playsets. Hard to believe this is the THIRD edition so far!

This NEW Third edition is 202 pages and now boasts over 245 full color, high gloss photographs of each and every playset, complete and with original packaging, produced by Marx and MPC available at the time of printing. Also included are the numerous playsets that incorporated the figures manufactured from the Marx and/or MPC molds once they had found their way into the hands of other companies, such as Toy Street, Superior, Dapol, Spaulding, and others.  And as before, there are handy side-by-side color photo comparisons of the Marx vs. MPC figures to allow the collector to identify his or her dinosaur with ease! Also included are additional facts, information, and photos of playsets that were not available previously, as well as the inevitable corrections of details that were in error or missing in previous editions.  PLUS a handy checklist of each & every playset covered in the book, with all the correct pieces and accessories listed so you'll always know if your set is complete!

And possible most importantly, this new volume is printed in GLOSSY paper for the first time rather than the flat matte layout of the earlier books. This new glossy paper makes the photos practically pop off the page in crisp detail! Additionally, the photos have all been digitally enhanced to ensure the sharpest and most detailed images yet of these iconic playsets and other prehistoric items!

This is just simply the BEST single source of info on Marx & MPC dinosaur playsets out there!

Price for this new edition is $46.99 + $4.10 shipping/handling. The book is currently available directly from me at [email protected] (PayPal payments can be sent to that address....please BE SURE to include in the PayPal notes your name & mailing address when making payment!).  Additionally, copies are usually available on eBay and will soon be listed on Amazon.com as well (we are having a bit of trouble with our Amazon listing at the moment.....aggghhh!!!).

Please don't hesitate to email or PM me for any information!

And just as an advanced head-s up...I have another book comping out soon (hopefully by summer), the companion book entitled More Dinosaur Playsets & Figures, which will cover those dinosaur figures by such companies as Ajax, TimMee Toys, Nabisco, Sinclair, Winneco, Invicta, etc., as well as the various dinos produced in Hong Kong (including the numerous Marx and MPC knockoffs). This will be considered a direct follow-up to the original book, covering those "other guys" that look like Marx & MPC...but aren't!

I'll keep anyone interested updated on that one as well....Thanks all!!!
Jeff

DinoToyForum

Thanks for sharing! I'll ask this here instead of via PM because I'm sure others will be interested. $4.10 shipping is presumably within the US, but do you ship worldwide?

Also looking forward to the next book, especially for the Invicta section.  8)

japfeif

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 16, 2020, 04:56:34 PM
Thanks for sharing! I'll ask this here instead of via PM because I'm sure others will be interested. $4.10 shipping is presumably within the US, but do you ship worldwide?

Hey!
Actually, no none from overseas has bought one yet, but yes I see no reason not to.....it's would definitely be more to ship than the $4.10 (not sure how Media Mail works overseas)  but I'd certainly have no issues shipping worldwide! Would just have to determine the shipping cost beforehand.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: japfeif on May 30, 2020, 08:51:00 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 16, 2020, 04:56:34 PM

Hey!
Actually, no none from overseas has bought one yet, but yes I see no reason not to.....it's would definitely be more to ship than the $4.10 (not sure how Media Mail works overseas)  but I'd certainly have no issues shipping worldwide! Would just have to determine the shipping cost beforehand.

Thanks, that's good to know. 8)

By the way, please do post again here when the new book is out. I'm thinking of waiting to order when both books are available so they can ship together. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.