News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Wagner Margarinefiguren were give-aways being added to margarine tubs between the 1920s and 1950s. That´s why they are this flat!
We see a "Panzersaurier" (which means a Labyrinthodont such as Eryops for instance)at the bottom right, Stegosaurus, a "Wangensaurier from Afrika, Kapland " (which means a Pareiasaurus, most probably) at the top left, and an Ichtyosaur. Nice little fellows, I know there are more prehistoric animals in this series of which I am very fond. I´m hunting these from time to time.

Roselaar

Very interesting old pieces. Wonderful choice of species.

Libraraptor

...and monochrome :-)
Still looking for a trader to avail more pieces.

Libraraptor

Spinosaurs

Stegosaurus. Introducing TipToi Stegosaurus, an interesting figure which I wouldn´t have bought, had it cost the real price of 12,99 Euro...I got it with 70% off.

joossa

Hmm... I didn't know the old Carnegie Spinosaurus was that big. Nice to see the size difference.

Is that a legit Bullyland Stegosaurus on the top right or is it a re-paint? Looks different than mine.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Libraraptor

No, joosa, it´s not the legit Bullyland Stegosaurus. It´s from "Kindertoyz", of which I´m pretty sure that it´s a budget brand of Bullyland. They were available at ALDI a while ago with the smaller, tail-dragging Stegosaurus.

joossa

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 29, 2015, 08:12:09 AM
No, joosa, it´s not the legit Bullyland Stegosaurus. It´s from "Kindertoyz", of which I´m pretty sure that it´s a budget brand of Bullyland. They were available at ALDI a while ago with the smaller, tail-dragging Stegosaurus.
Interesting, thanks for the info.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Libraraptor

Found these monochrome rubber figures from old Inpro molds. It even says "Inpro 1972" at their belly.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 26, 2015, 08:52:29 PM
Wagner Margarinefiguren were give-aways being added to margarine tubs between the 1920s and 1950s. That´s why they are this flat!
We see a "Panzersaurier" (which means a Labyrinthodont such as Eryops for instance)at the bottom right, Stegosaurus, a "Wangensaurier from Afrika, Kapland " (which means a Pareiasaurus, most probably) at the top left, and an Ichtyosaur. Nice little fellows, I know there are more prehistoric animals in this series of which I am very fond. I´m hunting these from time to time.

That is a great find and I hadn't heard of Wagner Margarinefiguren. They were also sold in England as Shreddies cereal premiums in tan plastic in the late 50s. There are 24 listed in the Dinosaur Collectibles guide. They also mention there were other foreign (as opposed to England) versions in different colours. I still haven't landed any because the Shreddies ones always go for big bucks. I'll have to search Wagner Margarinefiguren as well now.

Libraraptor

Libraraptor

Look what arrived today! Kaiyodo Kintandiryu and Kazunari Araki Ankylosaurus!

triceratops83

Cool Stegosaur herd, especially the Linde.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Libraraptor

Quote from: triceratops83 on June 18, 2015, 02:32:49 PM
Cool Stegosaur herd, especially the Linde.

Yeah, good old Zallinger-style  :)

Libraraptor

A closer look at my Naturecraft Best of Breed models:

Iguanodon:

Apatosaurus:

Brachiosaurus:

Libraraptor

I was in the mood of taking new shots today. Including some of my most recent acquisitions:

Some nice little critters by "Joy City Ltd",  I guess they´re Safari - style:

My Battats so far:

Irresistable Papo Dimetrodon, Safari Giant Sloth, Joy City Pterodactylus:

Hadrosaur power!

And some random shots of nooks and crannys of my second desk (my "pleasure desk"), my bookshelves and the  cabinet you may know from the collection movie on youtube which has moved a little: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rk4nk0e70o

Haven´t been posting here since July, so I thought I´d show some new impressions.

Halichoeres

Nice new additions! Can you tell us more about the Joy City guys? They're a bit simple, but charming in their way. I especially like the little crocodile guy!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I was not aware that the Battat Styracosaurus was so tiny.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

@ Halichoeres: They came in small tubes at ALDI Germany. There were dinosaurs and "prehistoric animals". The dinosaurs are quite decent, too, I´ll post pics soon. The "crocodile guy" is a "Sarcosuchus", it says.

@suspsy: I remember the Battats came in two sizes, the original one and reduced ones.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 30, 2015, 07:18:28 AM
@ Halichoeres: They came in small tubes at ALDI Germany. There were dinosaurs and "prehistoric animals". The dinosaurs are quite decent, too, I´ll post pics soon. The "crocodile guy" is a "Sarcosuchus", it says.

@suspsy: I remember the Battats came in two sizes, the original one and reduced ones.

The Syracosaurus is the regular Battat figure, the mini is smaller and less detailed.

I like those Joy City figures. I might check out local Aldi stores to see if they made it to the Netherlands (fat chance, but you never know). What species is the turtle supposed to be?

Viking Spawn

Impressive collection!  Love the shelf displays!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: