You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New trailer for Primeval:New World!

Started by dinohunter000, September 25, 2012, 04:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinohunter000

Just finished watching the first episode!  Didn't see it live, but just downloaded it off of The Pirate Bay.  Good ole Primeval!! Cast was good, so was the special effects, just good ole Primeval formula :)  Very interesting to see Connor's part in the Canadian spinoff.  I won't spoil anything for everyone else, but rest assured it is very good!
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

Primeval12

I found this thing on the New World website where you can make your own dinosaur videos, plus there is an iPhone/iPod touch app coming soon where you can do the same.

http://primevalnewworld.com/fan_videos.php#start

Balaur

Quote from: primeval12 on October 31, 2012, 12:32:42 AM
I found this thing on the New World website where you can make your own dinosaur videos, plus there is an iPhone/iPod touch app coming soon where you can do the same.

http://primevalnewworld.com/fan_videos.php#start

I'm trying to blue screen and make my own video right now. Speaking of which, how can add the blue screen of the raptor animation to a regular film shot with a camera on iMovie?

Balaur

I am reminding all our Canadian members, the second episode of New World, "Sisiutl" is airing tommorow, 7 PM Pacific time, 10 PM Eastern Time, and it features the awesome Titanoboa terrorizing a lake! Tell us who good it was! I am so freaking excited!

SBell

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on November 05, 2012, 02:27:37 AM
I am reminding all our Canadian members, the second episode of New World, "Sisiutl" is airing tommorow, 7 PM Pacific time, 10 PM Eastern Time, and it features the awesome Titanoboa terrorizing a lake! Tell us who good it was! I am so freaking excited!

So it's the movie Anaconda?

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on November 05, 2012, 04:47:01 AM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on November 05, 2012, 02:27:37 AM

So it's the movie Anaconda?

It's the episode Sisiutl.  :)

Jetoar

I look forward to see it in Spain coming soon  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Balaur

By the way, I love the name Sisiutl. It's fun to say. And it's a mythological shape-shifting spirit, that is many like a snake. So there you you, a Titanoboa.

Balaur

Hooooolllyyyy....... WOW! That was probably the best episode in the Primeval franchise! It was absolutely epic! Better than The New World. The one thing that surprised me was that this is the first TV episode where the characters actually used strong profanity.Well, this is what you get in post-watershed. Great episode! Great beginning! Can't wait for the next one! It looks incredible!

Balaur

Remember, tonight is a new episode, Fear of Flying! It looks awesome! This is the one with the giant beetles! :)

SBell

Do they still mess with the animals to look like Star-trek makeup monsters (ie. add horns, bumps and stuff to otherwise 'normal' faces)?

I just saw the Kaprosuchus episode from S4--and I can't for the life of me understand what they were trying to accomplish by adding horns and spikes to the head.  it actually looked more cartoonish than threatening.

Patrx

So, what are peoples' initial thoughts on this new series? Yes, it's only two episodes in, but I've had a opportunity to form some thoughts. I liked most things about the original Primeval, and New World is shaping up to have a fairly similar feel to it. Primeval shot itself in the foot, in my mind, when it began to deviate strongly from the "Creature of the Week" formula. The bigger, continuous plot arcs didn't work at all, unfortunately. Primeval as a concept is better suited to an episodic format, and I hope the writers of New World keep that in mind as the show progresses.

Fortunately, the plot threads from the end of Primeval appear to have been more-or-less dropped in order to start over, so I think the show's off to a pretty strong start. To me, it feels a little more "polished" than its predecessor - the creature designs are fantastic so far (the pterosaur even had pycnofibres), and the animation seems pretty natural. For some reason, the music happens to be really nice as well. On the weak side, the characters are pretty flat as of yet and the scenes without creatures in can be pretty dull. Hopefully, that'll be resolved in time.

Quote from: SBell on November 12, 2012, 06:57:24 PM
Do they still mess with the animals to look like Star-trek makeup monsters (ie. add horns, bumps and stuff to otherwise 'normal' faces)?

I just saw the Kaprosuchus episode from S4--and I can't for the life of me understand what they were trying to accomplish by adding horns and spikes to the head.  it actually looked more cartoonish than threatening.
That Kapro was hilarious  ;D It's like someone just read "boar-croc" on the design brief and went to town. It's a bit early to tell what New World will do with that, but I think it's a safe bet that some exaggeration will occur. So far, the raptors strike an interesting blend between Jurassic Park (boxy head, snake eyes, and wings that look more like hands) and "actual" dromaeosaurs (quite a lot of long fuzz, taill fan, neutral "hands"). The Pteranodon, as I mentioned, got some fuzz. It also had no teeth, and seemed to be walking quadrupedaly. Titanoboa was a bit oversized and had a strangely demonic head, but hey, we don't have a skull for it yet, hah. Initial impressions are that this show will probably stay a little bit closer to reality, design-wise. Then again, the Titanoboa was able to survive quite comfortably in the chilly coastal waters of Canada somehow, so I doubt the creatures' behaviour is going to make much sense in the future either.  ???

Ikessauro

The last episode aired last night, right? What was it about? I'm curious. I don't know if you guys saw this, but in the show website there are a lot of creature files, even the ones that didn't appear yet.

Primeval Creatures

Jetoar

They look very well. Pteranodon is very similar to JPIII Pteranodon and Rapot has feathers, But the colest is the Albertosaurus from my point of view  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Balaur

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 20, 2012, 04:20:33 PM
The last episode aired last night, right? What was it about? I'm curious. I don't know if you guys saw this, but in the show website there are a lot of creature files, even the ones that didn't appear yet.

Primeval Creatures

I saw it. It was about a pack of Titanis invading an abandoned train yard, and Evan and Dylan are held hostage by two drug dealers. It was an awesome episode. This is actually *Spoiler* the first episode in the Primeval franchise where we see a creature actually eating a human. A terror bird chased a guy slammed his beak into him twice, which killed him, and started to feast on his dead body.

Next weeks episode has a Lycaenops, episode 6 has daemonosaurus, episode 7 an ornitholestes, episode 8 pachycephalosaurus and albertosaurus

Episode 9 has a Triceratops, Episode 10 has Leggy, the baby terror bird from this weeks episode, Episode 11 is unknown, Episode 12 has Brontoscorpio, and Episode 13 has Albertosaurus.

It's not on the Primeval: New World page itself, but it's in the source page.

Yutyrannus

I have decided to rate the episodes I've seen so far. Note: The ratings are by Primeval New World standards, not those of the original series.

Episode 1: Okay episode, but not the best. Pretty cool creatures.
Rating: 4/10

Episode 2: Pretty cool episode. Cool creature.
Rating: 5/10

Episode 3: Not the best. Bad creature in my opinion.
Rating: 2/10

Episode 4: Very cool episode. Great plot. Awesome creature.
Rating: 9/10

Episode 5: Best of the first 7 episodes, also the saddest. Awesome creature. Great plot.
Rating: 10/10

Episode 6: Cool episode. Great creatures and plot.
Rating: 8/10

Episode 7: Okay episode. despite the inaccuracies, the creature is very cool.
Rating: 6/10

That's it so far. More to come.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Jetoar

I ma waiting to see this serie in Spain  ^-^

Yutyrannus

Another episode rating.

Episode 8: Best episode so far. Awesome creatures. Great plot. Great tie-in with the original series.
Rating: 12/10

Balaur

Here are my brief reviews from the new episodes.

Episode 9 - It was good, I liked the introduction to Howard Kanan, and I loved the Triceratops, it looked real. I really thought it wasn't animated. 8/10

Episode 10 - This was another sad episode, but it was great, and it was really hard to choose which side I was on, {{SOME SPOILERS INCOMING}} Leggy, Evan & Dylan, or Douglas and his men. Leggy's ultimate demise was also extremely heartbreaking, and I felt extremely bad for Leggy. 10/10

Episode 11 - This was one of the best written and acted episode of any movie or tv show ever made. {{SOME SPOILERS INCOMING}} I thought it would be boring with no creatures and no anomaly, but they pulled it off very well. When they filmed the scenes in the inquisition room, they were filmed in 12 minute takes, no breaks, for 12 minutes, something very hard to do, and I have to gives props to the actors for it. When Dylan and Mac found the bodies of the Pachy and Ornitholestes in the lab, I nearly cried, what they did to Leggy was bad, this was even worse than I ever imagined, I was heartbroken. All around, a very intresting episode, and sorry if I spoiled it for someone, but I did put a warning. Best episode of any show, even better than the original Primeval, ever made. I really hope there is a second season or else it will be a crime and I will be extremely angry. 15/10

Yutyrannus

More episode ratings for Primeval New World:

Episode 9: Very cool episode and creature. Cool story.
Rating: 9/10

Episode 10: Very good episode and plot and the return of Leggy was cool.
Rating: 12/10

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: