You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have any of your favorite dinosaurs, etc, been found near you?

Started by Faelrin, August 29, 2020, 05:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TethysaurusUK

To my knowledge, Sheffield hasn't got any Mesozoic age deposits

stargatedalek

We have Hylonomus, without Nova Scotia there wouldn't be any dinosaurs!

Jokes aside, the answer is Great Auk. With honourable mentions for Hylonomus and Coelophysis (ichnofossils).

GojiraGuy1954

No because Scotland has zero interesting dinosaur Taxa
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 10, 2021, 09:27:02 PM
No because Scotland has zero interesting dinosaur Taxa

Who needs dinosaurs when Scotland has Akmonistion, Rhizodus, Crassigyrinus, and Elginia?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Scotland has Rhizodus too? Aye!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ITdactyl

My country only started to take shape during the Oligocene, so sadly no dinosaurs. The only Mesozoic fossils found so far are Jurassic ammonites. The next oldest fossil animal is a Miocene sirenian/dugong.  For "coolness" consolation, we do have Megalodon fossil teeth.

*edit* slaps self for ignorance
We may not have had dinosaurs, but 3 species of Stegodon, a "dwarf" Palaeoloxodon, Megalochelys and H.luzonensis hits several items off the checklist of prehistoric creatures in popular Children's books. I shouldn't complain that my country is fossil starved.

Though, as a pterosaur nut... even a shark-tooth studded fossil of a drowned pterosaur would be greatly appreciated.

Rexy

Unfortunately, no. I live in Australia and most of my favourite dinos are American.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.