News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help with carnegie figure

Started by delta653, September 30, 2012, 03:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta653

Hi guys, i've recently bought the carnegie giganotosaurus figure and i gotta say, im loving it. However, when it arrived, one of it's legs came warped. As a result, the figure is unable to stand. Can someone provide a solution to fix this problem. Your help will be appreciated. Thx

amargasaurus cazaui

Seen several people suggest the hot water approach. Get some water boiling, place the leg in water till it gets bendy, pose it how you want, then run under cold water to set in place. Then place it in the freezer for a few hours to set it good and hard.
    Failing that you could just like the figure down and announce its a new offering, a dead giganotosaurus.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

alexeratops

Get some boiling water, pour it into a tall glass cup, put his foot\leg in there for 20 seconds, take it out. By then it will be really pliable, then you can move it to the pose you want, then put it into the freezer for half an hour. Poof! You have got yourself a standing Gigonotosaurus! ;D You're welcome :).Aw, come on! Someone posted while I was posting! >:(
like a bantha!

SBell

A good blow dryer can work just as well, without the risk of washing any paint away.

But the most important part really is the coldwater dip after.

tyrantqueen

Sometimes I wish the admin would make a sticky of a thread like this. It pops up a LOT, and the same answer gets repeated.

delta653

I've tried the method u guys suggested, and i'm happy to say that it works! Ty for your advice.

P.s, can a mod pls close this thread, as the issue is now fixed.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.