News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Game: LIFE The Evolution Of Life On Earth Series

Started by Oammararak, September 19, 2020, 12:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

@Paleo & Fish Collector If I recall correctly, wasn't it mentioned in the kickstarter that the numbers on the bases could be removed at request? Perhaps worth asking O @Oammararak about the ones you may be interested in?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Oammararak

@Paleo & Fish Collector Thank you for your interest. I don't have time to do it now. I need to finish and ship this KS first. Then I can think about next project.
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thank you for updated news.

Faelrin

An updated Pirania I think (and looks great I might add. Love the smaller ones added too), and quick drop test. Glad to see it survive the fall.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/3057993

Edit: Lots of others casted now too. Looking good so far.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Faelrin on December 06, 2020, 05:10:32 PM
@Paleo & Fish Collector If I recall correctly, wasn't it mentioned in the kickstarter that the numbers on the bases could be removed at request? Perhaps worth asking O @Oammararak about the ones you may be interested in?

I'm making a shopping cart of these figures right now actually, and I think I'll request mine to not be glued down to the bases if possible. It might save the creator some money too.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleo & Fish Collector on December 26, 2020, 08:43:08 PM

I'm making a shopping cart of these figures right now actually, and I think I'll request mine to not be glued down to the bases if possible. It might save the creator some money too.

From what I've seen, I don't think they work that way. I think the figures and bases are part of the same mold. To be honest, I think it's also a little impertinent to request that an artist change the nature of their product so that it better fits one's particular tastes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stoneage

:)  I'm don't understand all this, but the figures are incredible.  To me it's obvious that some figures need bases so they can stand up.  I don't know if the numbers are needed to play the game.  If not they could be put on the bottom.  At any rate the game is $499 with all the figures through the devonian?  Is this right? 

Halichoeres

Quote from: stoneage on December 31, 2020, 08:15:37 PM
:)  I'm don't understand all this, but the figures are incredible.  To me it's obvious that some figures need bases so they can stand up.  I don't know if the numbers are needed to play the game.  If not they could be put on the bottom.  At any rate the game is $499 with all the figures through the devonian?  Is this right?

That's correct! All 268 miniatures (unpainted, of course).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stoneage

Halichoeres

S @stoneage I think the painted edition was only available through the Kickstarter, where it was the reward for a $2,000 pledge. But it might be worth contacting the creator, O @Oammararak, to see if another painted set could be arranged.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 27, 2020, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: Paleo & Fish Collector on December 26, 2020, 08:43:08 PM

From what I've seen, I don't think they work that way. I think the figures and bases are part of the same mold. To be honest, I think it's also a little impertinent to request that an artist change the nature of their product so that it better fits one's particular tastes.

I was told by the creator on FB that I could request them without the bases, and that most of them are a separate piece. Some of them are molded down to the base, like the Cambrian and Ediacaran animals.

Faelrin

Another new short and sweet update on the kickstarter. I am really loving the detail on these, especially considering how tiny they seem. I can hardly wait (never mind the many first timers).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/3075210

Also here's the previous update on some other casted figures I forgot to update about here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/3067768

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Faelrin on January 17, 2021, 05:21:50 AM
Another new short and sweet update on the kickstarter. I am really loving the detail on these, especially considering how tiny they seem. I can hardly wait (never mind the many first timers).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/3075210

Also here's the previous update on some other casted figures I forgot to update about here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/3067768

It's fascinating watching the figures evolve... literally!

Oammararak

Hello. I'm really sorry to tell you the shipping will be late from the estimated time.

Pre-order in oumcraft.com will close on 31 March.
The shipping may be late from the estimate. I will do my best and everything needs to be of good quality. I don't want to rush with poor quality and send it to you.
The delivery plan will ship to the backer that back only miniatures first.
The first wave of shipping miniatures in April-June.
I will PM inbox to the backer that I'm ready to ship miniatures to you.
The backer with the game box.  Now it has 25 orders of game boxes. It can make by handmade but I want to manufacture in China factory and I need more budget and volume to do this.
I'm planning to make a Pre-order game box in Thailand in April-May.
In the worst case. I will manufacture in Thailand factory. Estimate shipping is in July.
If you want the game box fast with the handmade quality please PM inbox to me.

You can check the new update here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/3108119
PICTURE #Set 01
Spoiler

[close]

PICTURE #Set 02
Spoiler

[close]

Flaffy

O @Oammararak Has the 3D modelling process for the digital models been completed?
I just realised I never posted the Devonian suggestions :-[. Probably too late to change the models by now, though I'd be happy to post the remaining suggestions for improvements here.

Oammararak

ceratopsian

O @Oammararak - please do not worry about being later than the original estimate.  As you say, it is better to take the time and achieve better quality.

Flaffy

O @Oammararak  "Era 4 - Devonian" suggestions for improvement Part 1: *UPDATED: 1/5/2021*

Spoiler

Harpes -
- Harpes is known for having lots of pits/holes on its head, this feature is currently missing on the model.
- Head could be more 3-dimensional, especially the side spikes which have a distinct curvature to them, currently it is too flat.
- Eye placement could be tweaked, refer to the following diagram.

Huntonia -
- Front spike/protrusion could be extended slightly.
- Eyes should be larger and more pronounced.

Dicranurus -
- Spikes on the sides could be thinner and more delicate if possible.
- Spikes should end in sharp tips, with the overal shape being more defined and less "noodely". Similar to what you did with the Bristolia remodel.
- Transition from the body shell to the spikes could be more smooth, right now the spikes look separated from the main shell.
- Same goes for the flat "platform" near the head, should be more connected to the shell.
- Eyes are in the wrong position and wrong shape, should be positioned further upwards, and the shape should be more protruded.

Terataspis - Almost perfect. If possible, spikes on the head and tail could be made smaller but more numerous.

Erbenochile -
- Head needs major changes.
- Eyes should be much taller and towered, like a curved screen, a very unique feature to this genus so would be good to emphasize this.
- If possible, include the compound eyes detail.
- Could include small bumps along the cephalon. The head anatomy needs changes.
- For the body, enlarge the middle protruded section (slightly wider). Increase the height of the middle row of large spikes.
- Small spikes could be included along the body.

Walliserops -
- Whilst I know that short trident specimens exist, I personally would like to see the length and size of the trident increased to make it a more impressive figure.
- The trident is also missing subtle groves and could be thinner if possible.
- Eye size could be increased slightly.
- The central bulbous region of the head should take up more space, currently it is too small.
- Include small bumps and spikes on the head, they are currently missing on the figure.
- For the body, enlarge the middle protruded ridge/section on it's back, it should be very obvious.
- Increase the height of the middle row of large spikes.
- Spikes on the side of the body could be flattened slightly, getting progressively wider as it approaches the tail.

Nahecaris -
- Eye shape could be more oval, resembling a modern day shrimp.
- Could try to include the antennae, but if it breaks too easily then nevermind.
- The tip of the cephalon could be sharper, and it should have a slight downward curve.
- The large front legs could be more defined and more detailed.
- The body should be thinner, and the pleopods should be larger.
- Final segment of the body should be elongated, and the tail parts could be longer.

Rhenocystis -
- Currently the details are a bit rough, could use refinement based on these diagrams. Most notably the scales/plate positions.
- Head detail is inaccurate on the figure.
- Skin texture of the body should be more distinct from the tail.

Devonohexapodus -
- Missing a lot of segments, should have 38 (excluding head), currently it only has 9 or 10.
- Proportions needs editing, head should be smaller in relation to the body.
- Eyes should be much bigger.
- There should be 6 small legs in front of the large legs, currently I only see 4.
- Missing legs, there should be one pair of legs per segment.

Schinderhannes -
- Missing segments, currently it only has 7, it should have 12.
- There's no evidence for the curvature on the large flipper, it should be straight with potentially few backwards facing spikes + grooves.
- The back flippers should originate from the 11th segment.
- If possible, make the tail thinner.
- Feeding appendage were used for filter feeding, like Hurdia and Aegirocassis. So the appendages should include filter blades. Something similar to what you did with the Ainiktozoon would be perfect for representing the filter feeding appendages. 

Weinbergina -
- Missing one segment, currently it has 9, it should have 10. (excluding head and tail)
- The lines on the head should be indentations rather than protrusions/patterns, and there should only be 8 such lines.
- The small bulge on the top of the head should connect smoothly with the rest of the cephalon rather than being separate.
- The cephalon is too flat, it should resemble a horseshoe crab.
- Increase the size of the head.
- Legs shouldn't splay out like that, the correct position would be under the cephalon, could include more detail on the legs as well.
- Body shell segments should be more 3-dimensional and angular.
- After the 7th segment, the body should taper off rapidly, rather than a smooth transition as seen currently.
- Side bumps (left and right) should only extend to the 7th segment. Make the tail longer.

Palaeoisopus -
- Should resemble a sea spider more than a scorpion, less flat and more cylindrical.
- Missing the 4 flexible appendages near the head.
- The large forward curving leg segments should be flatter.
- The small claws on the front should not be serrated, it should be smooth.
- Length of the small claws could be increased so that they're more protruded and distinct from the head.
- Details on the rest of the long legs could be refined.
- Leg segments should be flatter.
- Maybe include some "fuzz" on the legs if possible.
- Could add some very small eyes.

Helianthaster - The central body could be less bumpy, and more smooth.

Adelophthalmus -
- The head detail needs changes.
- Large eyes should be positioned closer to the center of the head.
- Missing 2 small eyes.
- First 4 pairs of legs should be thicker, and these legs should gradually decrease in length rather than being equal length as seen on the figure. - Flippers should be thinner.
- Body missing one segment, it should have 12 (exclude head and tail), right now it only has 11.
- First 7 segments should form a rounded oval body, segment 8 onwards it should be square and flat.
- The tail segment should have a slightly flattened and rounded base, and the tail should be longer.

Phyllolepis -
- The fish should be much flatter. Eyes are currently too big and could be reduced.
- The first pair of fin (the large ones) should be surrounded by the head armour, rather than being separate.
- The second pair of fins should be positioned slightly further towards the head.
- Size of the second pair of fins should be reduced a bit, and the shape could be slightly narrower.
- The detail on the head armour is a bit weird at the moment, maybe the groves/indentations are too deep?
- The detail on the armour should be smooth, concentric rings, kind of like tree growth rings.
- The plate anatomy could use some refinement.
- The tail is a bit too thick, could be flatter if possible.

Microbrachius -
- Eye size too large, and protrudes too much from the head. (refer to image 3)
- Body is too round, it should be more angular, box like.
- Head armour details could use refinement, the diagram bellow (image 1) shows the correct position of the plates and groves.
- The pectoral fins are missing details, e.g. groves and spikes, and should end in a sharp tip.

Bothriolepis -
- Same issues with the Microbrachius.
- Pyramided back should not be present. Head too big in relation to body.

Pterichthyodes -
- Similar issues with Microbrachius.
- Head slightly oversized.
- Eye size too large and are too bulging.
- Head and armour details needs refinement. i.e. the lines.
- Pectoral fin segmentation should occur at around the midpoint.
- Pectoral fins too long.
- Include the enlarged scales on the dorsal region (back and dorsal fin).
- Pyramided back on this one is good. Could be more emphasised even.

Dorsal view

Ventral view

[close]

Flaffy

O @Oammararak Ah and don't worry about slight delays, as long as the final product is of satisfactory and high quality, then the wait would've been well worth it.

Crackington

Just to agree with avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy and avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - don't worry about the delays, I'm sure the figures will be worth it.

Faelrin

No problems with possible delays from me either.

I'm also hoping I can order some more before the pre-order store closes. So many I want, lol.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: