News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Game: LIFE The Evolution Of Life On Earth Series

Started by Oammararak, September 19, 2020, 12:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Thanks for the update! And I'm happy to wait for a project as ambitious as this. I actually didn't know pre-orders were still open; I'll try to boost it if I can!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Yes, I would rather like a few token fish. Just a matter of deciding....  I wish I knew more about early fish!

Halichoeres

If I may suggest a sampling of fishes, starting with the ones closest to tetrapods:

Griphognathus, an early lungfish
Holopterygius, one of the most peculiar coelacanths--it looked a lot like an eel except for the lobe fins and incomplete vertebral centra!
Andreolepis, an early bony fish very close to the common ancestor of both lobe-fins and ray-fins
Brochoadmones, an early shark relative beset with spines and a deep body like that of a knifefish
Materpiscis, ptyctodont placoderm known from exquisite remains--including a mother giving birth, the earliest example of this in fishes as far as I'm aware.
Gemuendina, a rhenanid placoderm that was one of the earliest fishes to adopt the ray body shape, except studded with dermal bones
Sanchaspis, a very peculiar galeaspid (part of the gnathostome stem-group, but existing before the advent of jaws)
Parameteoraspis, one of the more impressive cephalaspidomorphs, with its broad winged head
Furcacauda, one of the better known thelodonts (the first fishes with teeth definitely homologous with ours, although they were in the skin instead of the mouth)
Astraspis, to represent the pteraspidomorphs, the earliest fish with bone
Promissum, the conodont that gave us the best idea what conodonts looked like--and a relative giant!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

Thank you!  That is extremely helpful and much appreciated.  (And I definitely shouldn't pass up on the chance of a conodont!)  Now for a good browse.....

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 22, 2021, 11:28:48 PM
If I may suggest a sampling of fishes, starting with the ones closest to tetrapods:

Griphognathus, an early lungfish
Holopterygius, one of the most peculiar coelacanths--it looked a lot like an eel except for the lobe fins and incomplete vertebral centra!
Andreolepis, an early bony fish very close to the common ancestor of both lobe-fins and ray-fins
Brochoadmones, an early shark relative beset with spines and a deep body like that of a knifefish
Materpiscis, ptyctodont placoderm known from exquisite remains--including a mother giving birth, the earliest example of this in fishes as far as I'm aware.
Gemuendina, a rhenanid placoderm that was one of the earliest fishes to adopt the ray body shape, except studded with dermal bones
Sanchaspis, a very peculiar galeaspid (part of the gnathostome stem-group, but existing before the advent of jaws)
Parameteoraspis, one of the more impressive cephalaspidomorphs, with its broad winged head
Furcacauda, one of the better known thelodonts (the first fishes with teeth definitely homologous with ours, although they were in the skin instead of the mouth)
Astraspis, to represent the pteraspidomorphs, the earliest fish with bone
Promissum, the conodont that gave us the best idea what conodonts looked like--and a relative giant!

Halichoeres

Oammararak

The game box file is on the way to the factory.

I would like to ask about the paper material for a board game.

Now I send Map to the factory now. They ask me about paper what I want. Gloss or Matt and coat with Gloss or Matt.

What do you want?

indohyus

Oammararak

avatar_indohyus @indohyus  Thank you. I will tell the factory in the morning.

SBell

ceratopsian

I topped up my Kickstarter order with a few fish.  I figured that if I didn't do it now, I might forget!  Thanks for the help, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

I suppose I should now have a final consideration of Ichthyostega and relatives....

SBell

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 13, 2021, 03:18:57 PM
I topped up my Kickstarter order with a few fish.  I figured that if I didn't do it now, I might forget!  Thanks for the help, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

I suppose I should now have a final consideration of Ichthyostega and relatives....

All of them? It's not like there's a lot of options for them!

ceratopsian

It's more a question that I've purchased a lot of items in total already!  They all have to find space. But I'll probably add them on. They aren't large.

Quote from: SBell on March 13, 2021, 03:21:46 PM

All of them? It's not like there's a lot of options for them!

Oammararak

Hello, I have the update today.

More master. Wait for making mold.
Master is transparent. The finished cast will be more contrast.

I'm on extreme energy mode now. More updates coming soon.

Spoiler

[close]

Halichoeres

Very happy to help of course! I'm always willing to give fish a little boost.

Oammararak

Update Box cover
LIFE: box cover pre-production proof
In the picture are the front cover and back cover.

Now I'm working on Rulebook. When finish I will need your help to read and it is can understand how to play or not.

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on March 15, 2021, 11:39:49 PM
Update Box cover
LIFE: box cover pre-production proof
In the picture are the front cover and back cover.

Now I'm working on Rulebook. When finish I will need your help to read and it is can understand how to play or not.

That box looks great. Very professional.

I'll be happy to help with the rule book. Let me know what I can do

Faelrin

They look great. Don't know if I ever mentioned this but I love the box art. So nice.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Oammararak

Thank you, everyone. Please help me check rulebook part 1   avatar_SBell @SBell  avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

Here are part 1 of the basics of the gameplay.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OdeRZQCrYNyaKrmTeWDLJAYYf4JUIWMa?usp=sharing

Part 2 is the game mode.

Working.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: