News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2021

Started by Dinoxels, September 24, 2020, 10:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

there's something very retro looking about that mosa, like those old school paleoart depictions...and Im sure it wasn't intentional on Schleich's part, they were just trying to make it monstery looking as usual.

Takama

Quote from: Triton TR on January 02, 2021, 03:15:32 PM
Quote from: Takama on December 25, 2020, 03:34:15 AM

I Checked Schleichs Website, Which now has the New for 2021 products up.

And i looked at the Jet Pack and Helicopter Sets Just to see if they say what the Pterosaurs are.

Well The Jet Pack Guy comes with a Tupaxura

While the Helicopter will Smash into a Tepajara

I Still hope they will release the Pterosaurs on there own later in the year, But i doubt it will happen honestly ::).

They never realesed set exclusives later a lot of the collecters forgot about their fantastic ammonites.I think the tupuxara is the best figure of the year but I am not giving 15 dolars to a small sized pterosaur  I reconmend picking up ankylo and bary from the last year if you didn't picked up.

Dude your talking to a guy whos boght almost every dino they made since 2012 except those that force you to pay for some extra stuff collectors dont need😉

Wallnut

The little one looks like a JW mosa but the schleich mini figures are over priced so mosa is woth picking up I know mosa is big I read the dimensions of the figure from the website 10 days ago bronto is nearly the same size.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection Magnificent figure, that brontosaurus along with the mosasaurus are by far the best figures of Schleich 2021 this year.

Thanks for the video.

Wandering

Well the Mosa isn't as bad as I thought it'd be... It kinda has it's own awkward charm to it...

suspsy

? @Stolpergeist, by all means, submit reviews of any or all of those new toys if you so desire. None of the regular reviewers have requested them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 07, 2021, 03:24:10 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy This sounds a bit greedy but... I would like to request doing reviews for all five of them.
Also has the Cryolophosaurus review I submitted been forwarded to you yet?

I was just about to ask you to please resubmit that review to Adam. It seems to have been lost in cyberspace somehow. And sure, knock yourself out.

suspsy

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 07, 2021, 03:30:03 PM
Will do!
I was wondering what happened to that.
I suspect the same occurred to the AAA Parasaurolophus review avatar_Strawberry Crocodile @Strawberry Crocodile submitted.
Will inform her as well when she's back from work.

Adam has not forwarded anything to me as of late, so that would probably be a good idea.

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist Thank you for sharing these photographs (I congratulated you before for these figures) I sincerely like it very much for your positive comments about all the Schleich figures, they are constructive criticism and honestly they are much better than that kaprosuchus (magnificent figure) thought and on the other hand The mosasaurus is a hundred times better than the figure in the promotional photo and the same can be said of the brontosaurus, honestly the figure that initially most valued the pachycephalosaurus is perhaps the weakest of that group of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Schleich 2021.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Wandering on January 06, 2021, 09:48:04 PM
Well the Mosa isn't as bad as I thought it'd be... It kinda has it's own awkward charm to it...

Are we not all used to that by Schleich? :D

PrimevalRaptor

I'm still kinda "hm" on the Kaprosuchus' head compared to the promo shots but maybe it'll be a bit different in person, but on the other hand the Mosasaurus looks better with every additional image, still wish they gave it more realistic integument and didn't bend it like that but it really has that weird charme.
And the Ceratosaurus is holding up too, blunt teeth of course but the colors look really nice. Looking forward to the reviews!

suspsy

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 07, 2021, 03:33:12 PM
Looking at my email account, I originally submitted it on the 14th of November, whew.

Got it now. :)

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist Well that's quite a haul there. And thanks for the tag as well, regarding the Mosasaurus tongue. Glad to see it forked after all. Between the reviews and these images I must say my opinion on the Mosasaurus has probably changed the most of these figures. I really commend the sculptor for getting the stuff with the mouth right or mostly right, including the tongue. I think most tend to forget about that or leave it out (like in the JW one's case, despite being aware of it at the time). You are certainly right that the promo pics didn't do it justice really (I've experience that with some of Safari Ltd's as well, and of course Mattel too).

I think the Ceratosaurus is still my favorite of these. Easily one of Schleich's better theropods too thankfully, in regards to faithfulness of the fossil evidence. Of course the main thing I like about it is the color scheme as I've said before, but I do appreciate the sculpt detail on the head (despite the typical shrinkwrapping), as well as the inclusion of the osteoderms on the body.

The sculpt on the Kaprosuchus is certainly really nice as well. I'm just not 100% if the white on the sides of the jaws is a (minor) design change from the promo pic, or the result of paint sloppiness around the teeth.

I also appreciate the accurate feet on the Apatosaurus, though I noticed that from the promo pic too. A step in the right direction from their previous sauropods I believe. I am feeling a little mixed about the soft tissue around the shoulder area, but that may be due to the way the skin is sculpted to sag and bulge around the arm. At least it has plenty of bulk too.

Honestly if it weren't for the weird slit pupil and odd beak shape, the Pachycepahlosaurus would be pretty similar to their "Dracorex" considering the similar color scheme and sculpt detail. It's something I really hope to see other companies do some day, keeping some kind of consistency between the two, considering "Dracorex" is more then likely a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus at this point.

I think if/when I can get around to collecting again I'll probably get the Ceratosaurus, Kaprosuchus, and even the Mosasaurus, but I'm sure I'll probably prioritize the PNSO, and whatever figures first. Granted I'm still behind on some of their older releases such as the Dinogorgon and Psittacosaurus, etc.

Lastly I'll be looking forward to your reviews on these.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 07, 2021, 02:43:37 PM
I went ahead and bought a bunch of 2021 Schleich releases including all of the currently available Mesozoic animals.

Wow, some of their new living animals look really nice! Especially that anteater (except that crooked white stripe, but things like that can get fixed). I am so happy I sold my old anteater right in time before this update came along. I also like the penguin. Well, I like them all somehow. Just not the dinos...

CityRaptor

New for the second half:
Great Volcano Expedition 42564
I've seen a pic of that one in a video. Features a rather shoddy looking volcano, a red Giganotosaurus repaint and a green Ankylosaurus repaint. Also comes with a figure of what is possibly Yuki.

Schleich Black T-Rex Limited Edition 72169
I haven't seen that one, but Schleich for sure likes their repaints. Was only a matter of time before they did a Black Repaint.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Be great if Schleich used their more recent T. rex for the black repaint as opposed to the same old 2012 version.

CityRaptor

Going by statistics, the 2012 getting one is more likely.

I mean, aside from standard green, it also exists in gold, red, blue ( from Volcano set ), red & blue ( which confusingly is just called blue )
The newer one only has green and gold so far.

I might be wrong, but I think the 2012 T.rex is Schleich's oldest still active Dinosaur.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Here is the Playset

Cant get a better qaulity image then this. It was shared on a Facebook group a while back, and im surprised its now being mentioned

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: