News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profnik

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 05, 2020, 05:07:17 PM
Since no one posted them here:
Fantasy Rex

Fantasy Trike

A Mythical Realms Collection of these 2 dinosaurs!

It's looks like the hybrid dinosaurs from Jurassic world alive on the apps an Jurassic world from the movie.

Probably great idea for Safari Ltd should make Mythical Realms is the Loch Ness Monster from Scotland & Mokele-Mbembe from African Congo from cryptozoology of dinosaurs . Of these two mythical realms Loch Ness monsters and mokele-Mbembe for Safari Ltd prehistoric collection 2022 next year or in the future. :D

Loch Ness Monsters
Just like the cryptozoology Toobs with Loch Ness Monster figurines and shadowboxs collection Loch Ness Monster

Mokele-Mbembe

Stegotyranno420

I have a feeling avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum  would like that, i guess...

Faelrin

I think those would be neat additions especially now that they are branching out into making some figures of cryptids. Who knows, maybe we might see one this year, if they have more to release. The Ropen could possibly be another as it is sometimes depicted as a pterosaur of sorts. Honestly though I'm surprised they only have a Toob figure of Nessie, but not a larger model of it. They would certainly fit in right alongside my assortment of other Safari Ltd (and Bullyland) fantasy models anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 15, 2020, 05:09:03 AM

I dunno, I don't think he goes in for cryptids much. Me on the other hand...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 15, 2020, 05:40:22 AM

I like that Safari makes figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals based on cryptozoology. It is interesting. You will have buyer's insurance. I hope other brands will follow Safari's lead in case the new mythical dinosaur figures are based on crypzoology.

Loon

As a cryptid fan, I would honestly rather get something unique than prehistoric reptile survivors. Aside from their obvious ties to creationism, they're just inaccurate descriptions of prehistoric animals. What I would really love is a Flatwoods Monster or a Chupacabra.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 15, 2020, 05:40:22 AM

No, because its plesiosaurs, but innaccurate, and vintage, and stuff

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 14, 2020, 08:58:28 PM
I'll be very surprised if this is all for the reveals. The teasers include "Designer Toob #1" but not "Designer Toob #2," and "Dragon #1" but not "Dragon #2." I think if those were really going to be the only ones in their respective categories, they'd have left them unnumbered.
[...]

I hope you're right, I'm quite disappointed by what's been teased so far!

suspsy

I wish Safari would just get on with it already.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 15, 2020, 10:42:38 PM
Yeah, honestly, the way Papo teases is more fun but until then we can beat around the bush and place guesses for colouration picks I guess.

I think 2018 had the best reveals for Safari. They did something very similar to what Papo did, and it was actually quite fun to figure out what everything was. This...it's just silhouettes. Back when I was more active in the Transformers fandom (luckily, I escaped), the unofficial companies would always post silhouettes, and it got boring real fast.

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 15, 2020, 11:02:29 PM
What happened, infested now by Bayformers fans?
At least the Transformers wiki is still the most fun wiki.
2018 was a fantastic Safari release year for synapsids.
On the dinosaur side the Malawisaurus and Amargasaurus are awesome (I am quite the sauropod enthusiast)...

It's just all the whining about things not being the same and the constant fighting between bay fans and g1 fans. Also, how repetitive some of the releases were getting. *cough*Siege and Earthrise*cough* I still pay attention, I watch Thew's reviews and Chris McFeely's "The Basics" on youtube. But, the online fandom, at least the loudest parts of it, is up there with Star Wars in terms of toxicity. I also got tired of the toys, but that may change once Kingdom comes out,  since I LOVE Beast wars. Also, yes, Tfwiki is a gift.

Also, I second that Malawisaurus comment. I've really gained a newfound appreciation for that figure. It's really underated, but I honestly feel it's probably the best Sauropod that Safari's released, after the recent Camarasaurus.

BlueKrono

S @Stolpergeist
Thank you for giving credit where credit is due. Artists appreciate it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dinoxels

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 16, 2020, 11:10:02 AM
It happened to me frequently so I know how that feels.
One time a Korean documentary was using an Asprosaurus illustration I made in my teen years without asking me for permission nor providing any compensation.
But I don't draw anymore so it won't happen again anyway.
Well that's annoying! I would hate to have any of my art used without permission. What documentary was it?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Duna

I will get Baryonyx and new Spino almost for sure. And daspletosaurus is almost sure, but I'll wait for the real figure to be revelated. Another good year of Safari purchases.  ;)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Duna on October 16, 2020, 04:49:34 PM
I will get Baryonyx and new Spino almost for sure. And daspletosaurus is almost sure, but I'll wait for the real figure to be revelated. Another good year of Safari purchases.  ;)
Finally someone whos not whining about it being all theropods

Duna

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 16, 2020, 05:02:24 PM
There isn't any good baryonyx in the market. Same about daspletosaurus (a forgotten cousin of the T-rex  :'(). There are very few updated figures of spinosaurus with its new swimming tail and of a small size and affordable price. So the three of them are for clap with joy. And if Doug is behind them, Safari's theropods are always welcome ^-^

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Duna on October 16, 2020, 06:02:24 PM
There isn't any good baryonyx in the market. Same about daspletosaurus (a forgotten cousin of the T-rex  :'(). There are very few updated figures of spinosaurus with its new swimming tail. So the three of them are to be clapping with joy. And if Doug is behind them, Safari's theropods are always welcome ^-^
Indeed. My favorite baryonyx is the mojo one, although sculpt-wise its easily the collectA one. As for Daspletosaurus, I heard it was a slightly smaller than tyrannosaurus, but may had osteoderm like structures, or maybe kertatinous horny crest. I love daspletosaurus, but i really wanted a torvosaurus when i saw that. As for the spinosaurus, i love the new design. However Dougs theropods for 2020 were "eh". But his other ones were awesome.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 16, 2020, 06:07:26 PM
There isn't any good baryonyx in the market. Same about daspletosaurus (a forgotten cousin of the T-rex  :'(). There are very few updated figures of spinosaurus with its new swimming tail. So the three of them are to be clapping with joy. And if Doug is behind them, Safari's theropods are always welcome ^-^
Indeed. My favorite baryonyx is the mojo one, although sculpt-wise its easily the collectA one. As for Daspletosaurus, I heard it was a slightly smaller than tyrannosaurus, but may had osteoderm like structures, or maybe kertatinous horny crest. I love daspletosaurus, but i really wanted a torvosaurus when i saw that. As for the spinosaurus, i love the new design. However Dougs theropods for 2020 were "eh". But his other ones were awesome.
The mojo baryonyx always falls over
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

MLMjp

There isn't any good baryonyx in the market. Same about daspletosaurus (a forgotten cousin of the T-rex  :'(). There are very few updated figures of spinosaurus with its new swimming tail and of a small size and affordable price. So the three of them are for clap with joy. And if Doug is behind them, Safari's theropods are always welcome ^-^
Collecta? Favorite? (last one is an exclusive so it may not count but still)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 16, 2020, 07:03:12 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 16, 2020, 06:07:26 PM
The mojo baryonyx always falls over
mine doesnt.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: