News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Safari has added closeups of the heads instead of silhouettes to their web site, and they've revealed the scientific name of everything else teased so far, but these still show up as just the family name.

Spinosauridae 1 (Baryonyx?)

Spinosauridae 2 (Spinosaurus)

Tyrannosauridae (Daspletosaurus?)

There's also Equus quagga, but don't get too excited, because that name also includes the extant plains zebra.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Primeval12

Also the mythical dinosaurs are armored apparently...

I am also disappointed with the color schemes this year.Lots of boring browns that made the old Spino so undesirable for me. I do like what I see of the colors of the new spino.

Jose S.M.

For now it looks like there's no crocodile like scutes on the Spinosaurids.

DragonRider02

Dinoxels

The smoothish skin and the minor shrinkwrapping on the Spinosaurus is giving me Forrest Rogers vibes.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

Quote from: Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 on November 02, 2020, 02:37:45 PM
Also the mythical dinosaurs are armored apparently...

Hmm, the way those teeth are sculpted, the jaw might be articulated on that one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

So this year, they do the silhouettes... AND the cropped out sneak peaks?

This is getting pretty lame not gonna lie.  :-\

I really hope Safari doesn't drag this out for like another month...

DragonRider02

...Is the jugal on the fantasy trike damaged? It looks like it's broken off  :o

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Yeah this is really disappointing to see. I really hope they see that folks are not happy about this.

At least we have a tiny inclination of the color schemes but honestly this is still disappointing.

Probably really safe to say this is all the new stuff we are getting this year from them. Understandable, but still unfortunate.

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Hmm now that you mention that it does look like some shrinkwrapping there. I hope that isn't the case since Safari's figures haven't suffered from that in a long time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote"Here we go again!"- George Beard
But seriously though, judging by the amount of figures and their apparent quality, this might even top last year in terms of dislike from me(my opinion)

Bokisaurus

I can't say I'm excited by any of these new figures from Safari.
And it didn't help they kept on dragging the full reveal for weeks now!
Thank god for PNSO new figures!
I hope that safari is not going to do the reveal at the same time as CollectA starts theirs, that would not be cool at all.

PrimevalRaptor

Glad we seem to be keeping lips I think. Hope we're getting full reveals soon, the overall colors for the spinosaurids look interesting (kinda like the blueish one even if it looks a bit shrinkwrapped)
Not sure about the possible Daspletosaurus yet, but the scale detail looks nice.
Let's hope we won't have to wait more weeks for better images.

Dinoxels

I really don't understand why all of you are upset about the wait for the full reveals. Sure, the teasing is a tad annoying, but you got to realize the context of Safari Ltd.'s situation. They just moved their HQ during a pandemic and the production of these figures is probably taking a while because of the pandemic (which is probably why we kept getting teasers, it was to hold our interest). I don't understand how you guys get so impatient even right after we just got new teaser images. Seriously.

I am not trying to attack anyone, I am merely trying to defend Safari Ltd.. I get it has been a while since we got the teasers, but waiting a few extra weeks is not going to hurt any of you. Again, I am not trying to attack anyone.

profnik

Hey guys look What I just found this morning. I saw it on website safari Ltd 2021  :D

https://store.safariltd.com/collections/2021-new-product-releases

Jose S.M.

Honestly I'm tired of the negativity in this thread so I'm going to ignore it from now on. I want to see the figures and discuss them, I couldn't care less about how or when they decide to show them. I'm going to stick with their social media to wait for the full reveal and maybe come back then.

profnik

Hey guys look What I just found this morning. I saw it on website safari Ltd 2021

Wild Safari Prehistoric World

Spinosaurus (re-sculpted)

Baryonyx

Is it another (Re-sculpted) T-rex, Gorgosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Tarbosaurus OR Albertosaurus ???  ;)

profnik

An waiting for more prehistoric collection for Safari Ltd.

Mythical Realms: Dinosaurs

(Unknown T-rex)

(Unknown Ceratopsians)

An their Wild safari wildlife of Extinct Zebra Called: Quagga

(Equus quagga)

Quagga was extinct in 1883.

suspsy

Cool, a quagga!

And for the last time, people: that new tyrannosaur is NOT Tarbosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2020, 04:50:30 PM
Cool, a quagga!

And for the last time, people: that new tyrannosaur is NOT Tarbosaurus.
yeah, it clearly states this dinosaur had the proportionaly longest arms in their family.
Tarbosaurus had the smallest

Dinoxels

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 02, 2020, 04:40:34 PM
Honestly I'm tired of the negativity in this thread so I'm going to ignore it from now on. I want to see the figures and discuss them, I couldn't care less about how or when they decide to show them. I'm going to stick with their social media to wait for the full reveal and maybe come back then.
Completely agree with you.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: