News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

I hope the Spino is blue. Because I only plan on getting Baryonyx and I DON"T want it to be blue LOL.

I am sticking with the 2019 Spino, although all the Monday morning quarterbacks will criticize it because it doesn't show a feature that was published after it was made  ::) 8) C:-)

Sim

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 07:30:03 AM
While trying to look those up without success I instead found out that Schleich stole their Dracorex colouration from Dino Dana.
I'm disappointed but not surprised.

Or maybe the Dino Dana Dracorex is by the same person who sculpted the Schleich Dracorex.  I don't know if it's true but I think I read that somewhere.

GojiraGuy1954

I'm not liking that Spino. It looks like the Schleich one with worse paint
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

Just saw something about the reveals might be done on the 18th over in the comments on the latest post on their FB page? Still a few weeks away. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or if there is some truth to this date but figured I would pass this along in case it may be of help to anyone.

Edit: I just noticed there is information about the figures availability.

Baryonyx has a date of mid December, Daspletosaurus has a date of early January, and Spinosaurus just has an expected date of January.

The mythical Triceratops has an arrival date of late November, and the mythical Tyrannosaurus has a date of mid December.

For the others, the monster toob has a date of mid November, the zebra at mid December, the sloth at mid December, leopard is early January, the dragon toob is mid November, the maned wolf is mid November, and the dragon is also mid November.

So if anyone was hoping to get the new prehistoric stuff for the (most likely) Black Friday sale like I was hoping to, that probably won't be the case. I mean then again not all of last year's figures were available at that time, and with everything they are dealing with, it is understandable.

So basically at the absolute latest it does seem like these will be all revealed mid November, if not at least some of them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

In case anyone is still unsure which silhouette matches which close-up, they're matched by item number in the first post of this thread.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

So why are the two mythical ones not there?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

I didn't include them because they're not part of the prehistoric line, they're part of the mythical line. Just like the Papo Kraken wasn't included in the Papo 2020 thread, despite its resemblance to an ammonite. These aren't dinosaurs, just, in Safari's words, "inspired" by dinosaurs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the information, then it is well confirmed in terms of numbers which will be the Safari revelations for 2021, I expected more figures but honestly I am satisfied with those revelations. It will be a relief for my finances and the finances of many DTF members. I sincerely prefer that few figures reveal Safari to many, although all their figures are always very beautiful and very masterfully sculpted, by Doug Watson and other Safari sculptors there is a saying that "little and good is better than much and bad". My greatest wish is that the iconic Safari brand successfully survive the economic effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and that next year 2022 it can surprise us with fabulous figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

CarnotaurusKing

Duna

Oh! A blueish Spinosaurus? That deserves a closer look into it ... :)

I think (just my opinion and it's only a guess, given the small part of the figures we are seeing) that the tyrannosauridae and baryonyx look very like Doug's work. But not quite the spino. I may be wrong.

To soon to say, but all the species interest me a lot. A classic tyrannosauridae (Daspletosaurus?!!), baryonyx and an updated spinosaurus ...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 08:00:31 PM
Nothing about this teaser indicates that it would look like the Schleich one, you can't even see the snout which was the main complaint among collectors as they made it broad for child safety (though not sure if that is complain worthy as Germany has very strict safety regulations).

The Schleich one's crest is bigger but i can't see many differences other than that
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Roar

I think its only the beginning, think there will be more Dinosaur and Animal figures. Also on Safari's site there is confirmation of two dinosaur Dana figures, so unless the two are included in the teaser. There will be possibly more. Hope we get a feathery dinosaur set.
Onwards to adventure!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roar @Walhalla Do you have confidential information regarding Safari and obviously because of the protocol that Safari has set for you, can't you tell? It would honestly be interesting if they made feathered dinosaurs. Hopefully your words are foreboding. As always, I have blind faith in the Safari brand, it is perhaps the best that exists in the market together with Collecta, PNSO, Vitae, Favorite, Kaiyodo, Papo and others and obviously the high quality figures such as Rebor, Vitae, the same PNSO ,, Itoy (paracerahterium) and, Vitae (its resin figures, GR Toys and others that circulate in the market.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Walhalla on November 04, 2020, 08:52:35 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus yes its on their website https://store.safariltd.com/blogs/toys-that-teach/safari-ltd®-on-dino-dana-dinosaur-toy-line see ^-^

avatar_Roar @Walhalla Unfortunately I have tried to access that link and it is disabled. I assume they have deleted all the information.

Roar

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus copy the full link, https://store.safariltd.com/blogs/toys-that-teach/safari-ltd®-on-dino-dana-dinosaur-toy-line wait this will work. My bad, I mostly only watch. But its fun to discuss dinosaurs I notice.
Onwards to adventure!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roar @Walhalla Thanks for the link. I have signed up to receive news from Dino Dana.

Roar

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you are welcome, now off to dreamworld I go dreaming off the new 2021 dinosaurs  ;D
Onwards to adventure!

CityRaptor

This! Exactly this! These teasers are not enough for any kind of judgement!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shane

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 05, 2020, 08:34:38 AM
This! Exactly this! These teasers are not enough for any kind of judgement!

I'm always surprised by the negativity over reveals like these. I can understand being frustrated with the WAY the reveals are handled, and not liking that it gets dragged out longer than you think it needs to, but it always seems to pivot to people attacking the figures themselves, when you've only seen like 5% of each item.

It's really just odd. Sometimes it just feels like without the benefit of more material, select folks are just looking for reasons to complain.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: