News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Why do we constantly feel the need to judge everything? I can see writing a review basing it on scientific accuracy, when it's in hand.  But are we just annoyed we can't see the whole thing in order to judge it, voice an opinion then move on?  If so I feel like we are missing something.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 05, 2020, 02:48:23 PM
Why do we constantly feel the need to judge everything? I can see writing a review basing it on scientific accuracy, when it's in hand.  But are we just annoyed we can't see the whole thing in order to judge it, voice an opinion then move on?  If so I feel like we are missing something.
Exactly why I have not yet commented on what has partially been revealed. I am waiting for the full reveal of these figures. I do not think it is right to  nitpick just yet.

Also, has Daspletosaurus been confirmed? I was actually thinking it could be Albertosaurus due to the fact that Carnegie had one, and Safari has been remaking some of the Carnegie line.

Loon

I don't know, I'm starting to think that the Baryonyx looks exactly like the Favorite one...  ;)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Loon on November 05, 2020, 06:05:42 PM
I don't know, I'm starting to think that the Baryonyx looks exactly like the Favorite one...  ;)

which to me, and presumably a lot of others, would be more than fantastic.

Loon

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 05, 2020, 06:09:23 PM

While I was joking I wouldn't mind that. Though hopefully not as shrink wrapped.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Loon on November 05, 2020, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 05, 2020, 06:09:23 PM

While I was joking I wouldn't mind that. Though hopefully not as shrink wrapped.

I can't say why exactly, but the shot from the Baryonyx looks quite Dougish. I guess its the Softtissue in the Moutharea. So maybe we get a fine one.

Stegotyranno420

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 05, 2020, 07:35:54 PM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 05, 2020, 07:34:52 PM
The Favorite one, not the JoJo one, Kazunari Araki.
??? come again?
He's the sculptor of most of Favorite's dinosaur figures. You'll recognize his work if you've ever seen a dinosaur toy that looks like it's starving to death.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Loon @Loon thanks for the explaination and the joke  :)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Loon on November 05, 2020, 07:41:11 PM
He's the sculptor of most of Favorite's dinosaur figures. You'll recognize his work if you've ever seen a dinosaur toy that looks like it's starving to death.

Haha, I think my only Araki Modesl are the Favorite Concavenator and Pelicanimimus, as well as the Gakken T.rex skeleton.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roar

Today I asked safari of they had more to reveal then what is lined up on their website. They send the two eyes icon and a pinnochio emoji. So I think that is a yes hahaha. I also asked them. And also will The dino Dana Safari ltd figures be Amazon exclusive? Or Will they be at stores too? To which they replied Stores are able to buy the figures as well.. So... hooraaaaay :P
Onwards to adventure!

Loon

Quote from: Walhalla on November 05, 2020, 09:30:04 PM
...They send the two eyes icon and a pinnochio emoji...

I think we all know what this means...

CityRaptor

Oh no

Loon

Or you can just pull a Papo and only make it look mostly like the character and call it a slightly different name to avoid copyright issues...

CityRaptor

To be fair, a lot of Disney's characters are based on public domain....but yeah, that is pretty close. Actually surprised that Papo does not have a red-headed, green-tailed mermaid.   
Oh no

Halichoeres

Today I asked safari of they had more to reveal then what is lined up on their website. They send the two eyes icon and a pinnochio emoji. So I think that is a yes hahaha.

Well, that's encouraging!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roar

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 06, 2020, 02:29:39 AM
Today I asked safari of they had more to reveal then what is lined up on their website. They send the two eyes icon and a pinnochio emoji. So I think that is a yes hahaha.

It sure is i cant wait to see them all. Hope a new pterosaurus from them. Of a ground sloth.
Onwards to adventure!

Primeval12

I'm wondering what we will see first; the 2021 reveals or the election results...

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 06, 2020, 02:29:39 AM

If they really do have more in store, then that makes their current marketing strategy all the more perplexing. Hopefully we'll find out soon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: