News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for SRG Cavewoman

Started by Hheine, October 06, 2020, 07:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hheine

Hi all!

New user here, based on my research it seems to be a long shot but I figured I'd post here and see if anyone owns and would sell a SRG cavewoman figurine. It was part of the prehistoric series of SRG (Sell Rite Gifts) from the late 40s.

Here's a picture for reference: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-srg-sell-rite-gifts-museum-515883358

Much appreciated!

-h

Crackington

Welcome to the Forum H @Hheine.

SRG are lovely antique figures from the late 1940s and 1950s. I have the T-Rex which I was lucky enough to get cheapish from eBay a few years back.

Afraid I don't have this figure though. Have you thought of trying the Prehistoric Times magazine classified section? I think the age profile of its readers is older than this Forum and there might be more people likely to have one.

Hheine

Hi avatar_Crackington @Crackington,
I indeed checked at prehistoric times and even exchanged emails with Mike about it. Unfortunately no luck!

Doug Watson

Have you been trying eBay they come up there more than any other place as far as I have seen, that is where I got mine, not cheap however?

Hheine

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 06, 2020, 06:20:26 PM
Have you been trying eBay they come up there more than any other place as far as I have seen, that is where I got mine, not cheap however?
Yup no luck yet. Worthpoint archives past ebay auctions and last one seems to have happened a few years ago. I've set up alerts on eBay but the cavewoman is a birthday gift idea and the birth date is coming up next month so I figured I'd try my luck here. The person I'd like to give it to has a whole bunch of SRG dinosaurs including the caveman. She had no idea what they were but They carry a lot of sentimental value as they were given to her by her late father. We stared at the figurines for a bit and I managed to decipher 47 SRG and well... now I'm here.
I thought it would be a nice gift to give her the missing figurine! Anyway, if anybody hears or sees anything let me know.

Nice collection by the way avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson. I saw a large Brontosaurus on ebay. I'm curious how rare those are, haven't seen many pics of those online!

Hheine

For anyone that cares, there's an SRG Vintage Caveman for sale on eBay right now. Bidding starts at $150.00...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-VINTAGE-MINIATURE-CAST-BRONZE-CAVE-MAN-STATUE-SRG47-/363174835763?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Still looking for that cavewoman by the way

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.