News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I need some help from a plastic expert!

Started by Reuben03, October 14, 2020, 02:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Duna

Hello, they are not made of plastic but of a very soft rubber. They are very flexible.

Stegotyranno420

Im no expert on this, but i do have a passion for doing it, even though i never got the chance, i know how it works. First off all, what is your more specific goal?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, Proto Putty is a much better alternative to the expensive sillicone stuff most people use

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 09, 2021, 11:55:09 PM
It would probably be better to find something that starts out liquid to fill it into a mold however before it hardens.
I'll dive further in hopes I find something.
Thanks. I mean MarcoMakes makes his figures through ProtoPutty and they are fine

Duna

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 09, 2021, 11:37:26 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna Maybe it's only a German language thing but doesn't rubber count as plastic?
In this case these toys seem to be made of an elastomer of sorts as opposed to more commonly used thermoplastic.
Oh, it may be a Spanish language thing then :D we call plastic to hard plastic and rubber to flexible material as in baby bottles, bath toys ...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.