News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

So far I'm most excited about the Kamuysaurus, and Mamenchisaurus. I quite like the Pteranodon too, despite its inaccuracies. But I'm a sucker for resting pterosaur figures. I'm glad that someone FINALLY made a Megalosaurus but I'm kind of let down by this one. I like the closed mouth but aside from that I find it underwhelming, same with the Neovenator.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh wow. News.

I will not write that much about the Reveals, because most Stuff has been written here already.

Not shure about the Pteranodon. Love(!) The Head, but that Wings :( Maybe a good Repaint can save it for me.

Megalosaurus. Yes. I want it. Love the Headsculpt(! The Lips, the eyes, wow), also the Colours. CollectA seems to have birdy birdy Legs now. But to me, the Thighs seem to be a bit too small on all their recent Theropods. At least for me. But I'll get the Megalosaurus in any Case.

The Neovenator is a pass on me. I don't like the Sculpt, the Colours and the Post. Moreover i am not really familiar with Neovenator.

Justin_

Does anyone else think there's an intentional reference to the Crystal Palace Megalosaurus here?

I'm also a Megalosarus fan because of it's historical importance, and the fact that due to the fragmentary fossil remains it's appearance is fairly open to interpretation, but I'd need to see more in-hand photos and reviews before deciding whether I'd get this one.

bmathison1972

So far, nothing for me, but we are still waiting for that invertebrate LOL

indohyus

Just the corpse for me, so far, but then likely this is only half of what they are bringing out so far, based on last year.

Szajmin

The Megalosaurus i dont know. I have mixed feeling. I like the head, but i dont like the black spots.

Sim

CollectA just doesn't stop making allosauroids!  I guess we can expect no new dromaeosaurids or troodontids yet again from CollectA, with the Microraptor being a one-off since a museum requested it.

I dislike the bizarre longer spines on the Megalosaurus.  They remind me of Psittacosaurus and Tianyulong, two dinosaurs extremely different to Megalosaurus.

GojiraGuy1954

Don't think i'll be picking up anything other than the Mamenchi, Bronto corpse, and maaaybe the Ptera so far.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Quote from: Sim on November 13, 2020, 06:54:59 PM
CollectA just doesn't stop making allosauroids!  I guess we can expect no new dromaeosaurids or troodontids yet again from CollectA, with the Microraptor being a one-off since a museum requested it.

Let's not despair just yet, avatar_Sim @Sim; there's two more weeks of November to go. Even a single dromaeosaur toy at the standard size class would be greatly appreciated.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on November 13, 2020, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 13, 2020, 01:17:08 PM
D @Dinoguy2, could you please elaborate on the wing inaccuracies? I'm quite curious now.

I'm trying to avoid the term shrink-wrapping because I think it paints too broad a brush but... they're shrink wrapped. The wings of pterosaurs were full of pneumatic tissue surrounding the skeletal elements. You would not see the limbs bones sticking out like a bat or bird wing.

https://www.pterosaur.net/anatomy.php

Good point. This should be passed on to CollectA for future reference, as it appears they've really committed now to making one big pterosaur per year. 
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

ceratopsian

Libraraptor

I like the little frond at the Pteranodon 's tail!  Never seen something like this before.

Szajmin

I am still hoping for some mammal or a bird, or even better an amphibian. Mastodonsaurus maybe.

Sarapaurolophus

Loving the pteranodon!

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2020, 11:54:12 PM
A dead Pteranodon would also complete the roster of G1 Dinobots!

I'm glad that Swoop will live (for now)  ;D

Ceratosaurus blogspot

The megalosaurus looks fantastic. The three models are updates to the popular scale models. I believe that we will have more model updates on this scale. I hope to see a Corythosaurus, a Ouranosaurus, and a pachyrhinosaurus in the next releases.

Szajmin

Maybe it is just me, maybe it the lips, but for me  megalosaurus  looks kinka like doggo, only the ear and nose are missing:

Jose S.M.

Halichoeres

The Pteranodon looks good, but way too large for my purposes. I'm feeling that Megalosaurus, though, high time there was a decent one.

The advent calendar is...not great. Looks like the same mini dinosaurs as you find in the boxes, and cardboard versions of preexisting plants? Maybe kids will be into it, but I can imagine them being a little disappointed. What do I know, I didn't even understand kids when I was one.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 14, 2020, 04:57:54 AM
What do I know, I didn't even understand kids when I was one.

Yes. A big Bag of Yes.

Quote from: Szajmin on November 14, 2020, 02:06:30 AM
Maybe it is just me, maybe it the lips, but for me  megalosaurus  looks kinka like doggo, only the ear and nose are missing:

:D I had to think of an Synapsid when i first saw it. But it fits for me. I Really like the fleshy Head.
Of course, the Paitjob is not Top Notch, but i guess, the Megalosaurus will go away for unter 6 Euros as usual, so ... Yes. I want my Megalocanis :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: