News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Do you think there would be a chance that Collecta would make a paraceratherium this year? I'm telling you because I know you have a friend and Facebook contact.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 25, 2020, 08:16:01 PM
I just remembered that we'll be getting Xiphactinus and Leedsichthys, I can't wait (that is if the Leedsichthys will be accurate to current knowledge and not the BBC monstrosity).

They would be my first Xiphactinus and Leedsichthys in large size if I except the small versions of those two iconic Mesozoic fish. I hope they are fish that are one hundred percent scientific and without artistic licenses of any kind. In any case, Collecta knows how to make its products well.

Shonisaurus

S @Stolpergeist And to think that I am still waiting for the megalodon along with the rest of the figures from Collecta second part in my Shop of a lifetime. I suppose they will be delayed a long time due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic (perhaps until December of this year), but I will wait for whatever it takes in my case, I am no longer in a hurry, so I will save money to face expenses of prehistoric animals Collecta or other companies.

Loon

I just remembered that we'll be getting Xiphactinus and Leedsichthys, I can't wait (that is if the Leedsichthys will be accurate to current knowledge and not the BBC monstrosity).

Where was this said?

I've been hoping for a good sized Xiphactinus to go in my Western Interior Seaway display. Also, a Leedsichthys would be really cool.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on October 25, 2020, 09:05:55 PM

Where was this said?

I've been hoping for a good sized Xiphactinus to go in my Western Interior Seaway display. Also, a Leedsichthys would be really cool.

It gives me the impression, I suspect that we will only have one xiphactinus, being a carnivore it will have more marketing options, a leedsichthys would have little success in the market. It's just my personal opinion. Just as the megalodon figures are in a certain way a bestseller in the toy dinosaur market, I have my doubts regarding the leedichthys as it is a little violent marine fish and in a way quite peaceful with respect to the megalodon and the xiphactinus. .

If the xiphactinus were successful, I would encourage Collecta to make the effort to commercialize a leedsichthys the following year 2022. But it is also true that the leedsichthys is the largest fish that has ever existed in the life history of the earth. It would be interesting if they commercialized it, but being realistic it is difficult for a brand of dinosaurs to risk doing so, the same happens with paraceratherium, the second largest land mammal in the history of mankind after the palaeoloxodon namadicus and it has only had a worthy representation in the last thirty years by a brand like IToy and with a decent size and obviously it has also had an outstanding representation by Collecta, but if they are not spectacular dinosaurs or animals for children such as pterosaurs and marine reptiles it is very rare commercialize it by a traditional dinosaur toy brand. It's the sad reality.

suspsy

Who said this now?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on October 25, 2020, 09:37:55 PM

Who said this now?

Well, that is an assumption, in everythingdinosaur they commented that it was necessary for them to do a xiphactinus if I remember correctly, so I take it for granted that this year we will have a xiphactinus, although it is true that it is an opinion on my part quite risky in my case it is something that is not unreasonable, I am still wrong but I think that this year we will have a xiphactinus.

It is not confirmed that Collecta is going to make a xiphactinus but in my case I have well-founded hopes that in this next year we will have that fish from the "Hell's aquarium" I have faith that this year a xiphactinus will appear among the new Collecta figures. It's not safe but it's not far-fetched either.

I confuse desire with reality and sincerely in my case I advance events. I admit that I am very impatient.

Faelrin

I've been waiting for them to do larger versions of the Leedsichthys and Xiphactinus since they did the mini figures of them in their Prehistoric Marine tube released back in 2017. I mean they did a larger version of Dunkleosteus at least already. They are arguably two of the most well know prehistoric fish out there as well (as far as their appearances in pop culture), so here's to hoping we get at least one of them this year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Okay, I have one more piece of info to share: whatever the 2021 invertebrate is, it is not Anomalocaris.

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2020, 02:54:17 PM
Okay, I have one more piece of info to share: whatever the 2021 invertebrate is, it is not Anomalocaris.

Thank Beeson!!! Here's hoping for Arthropleura!

PrimevalRaptor

I'm still suspecting Aegirocassis, Pterygotus/Jaekelopterus or maybe Arthropleura in that case. Certainly very welcome, I think we got quite a few great Anomalocaris on the market nowadays.

Loon

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on October 26, 2020, 03:01:56 PM
I'm still suspecting Aegirocassis, Pterygotus/Jaekelopterus or maybe Arthropleura in that case. Certainly very welcome, I think we got quite a few great Anomalocaris on the market nowadays.

Ooo, those would all be nice. I'd love a Sea Scorpion that doesn't snap in half the second you look at it *cough* Kaiyodo *cough*.

Faelrin

Even though I love Anomalocaris I am relieved. Gives something else the chance in the spotlight for once. Can't wait to see what it is now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

In my case I want an arthropleura we need an exotic insect in our respective collections.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 26, 2020, 04:21:46 PM
Arthropleura might be a bit too soon, wouldn't want another situation again like all those 2019 Spinosaurus releases.

What do you mean? Is the appearance of Arthropleura being revised or something?

suspsy

Well, it doesn't appear that the reveals will be starting tonight. Next weekend, perhaps. Or who knows, maybe we'll wake up tomorrow morning with a pleasant surprise.

Shonisaurus

I guess this month the Collecta dinosaur reveals will begin. They usually started if I remember correctly in the second week of November. I don't mind waiting for what it takes. As who says, "there are more days than sausages" we have all the time in the world to wait. I'm not traumatized by waiting. I think it will be a good year for Collecta, as always, I do believe that they will not reveal precisely many figures of prehistoric animals and dinosaurs as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, but it is only a personal interpretation of mine.

GojiraGuy1954

Was it really necessary to start this thread? Why not wait until the actual reveals are here?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

postsaurischian

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2020, 09:09:38 PM
Was it really necessary to start this thread? Why not wait until the actual reveals are here?

Good question. As I'm not too interested in the speculations threads I visit these kinds of threads, just to find .... more speculation :P .

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 02, 2020, 10:20:03 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2020, 09:09:38 PM

Good question. As I'm not too interested in the speculations threads I visit these kinds of threads, just to find .... more speculation :P .

Hmmm, well, perhaps you two should go back and reread the part about a new prehistoric invertebrate being confirmed for 2021. That's definitely news worth sharing. Plenty of other people have been very excited and pleased to hear it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: