News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

P @Pachyventer those two would look great together on a shelf. hope someone would post photos of these two together and how they match and complement each other.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bread

Really similar pose. I really really like the colors on the GR toys; however price in mind I'll probably go for PNSO's. Also I find the PNSO's color scheme to be more realistic but that does not take away the GR toys beautiful color scheme.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Bread on May 12, 2021, 01:39:57 PM
Really similar pose.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder how many companies wind up putting their theropods in identical poses because anything other than "neutral walking Scott Hartman skeletal" gets criticized as inaccurate.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SidB

Quote from: Pachyventer on May 12, 2021, 12:54:52 PM
Now, here's a pic (a low-res one) of two Carcharodontosaurs (by GRtoys and PNSO) that blows my mind:
http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/6c3c35f531adcbef12be4fb7bbaf2edda2cc9f1c.jpg
Yes, stunning, not too shabby at all!

Bread

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 12, 2021, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 12, 2021, 01:39:57 PM
Really similar pose.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder how many companies wind up putting their theropods in identical poses because anything other than "neutral walking Scott Hartman skeletal" gets criticized as inaccurate.
I think there could be plenty of other poses some therapods could be put in, but again neutral walking pose is probably the best. Appealing for not just kids but collectors as well, always need to consider that.

Not to continue this topic but somewhat relatable, PNSO showed a laying down pose for their new Wilson, note that this was a skeleton and drawing, I wish we would receive one of those as that pose is just sadly uncommon for any company to do.

Dusty Wren

Therapods are tough, because if you're avoiding bases, oversized feet, and tripod poses, there are only a limited number of poses that will allow the figure to stand on a shelf without tipping over if you look at it funny. So it's a case of convergent evolution as all the manufacturers try to solve the problem and end up with similar solutions. The Eofauna Giga has basically the same pose, too.
Check out my customs thread!

suspsy

I passed on the EoFauna Giganotosaurus in large part due to all the reports of instability. My favourite continues to be the Carnegie version.

I am dying to learn whether or not the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus is just a rumour. Other than that silhouette which Dan's Dinosaurs posted a long time ago, there's been no word or teasers. Still, the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Parasaurolophus in that same image came to be, so I suppose I needn't be concerned about its existence.

Although I'm also concerned about the price tag. I'm assuming it'll be at least $30.99 US, which was what the Spinosaurus was IIRC. Sure do miss that lovely free shipping Amazon was always offering for PNSO products!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on May 12, 2021, 08:24:44 PM
I passed on the EoFauna Giganotosaurus in large part due to all the reports of instability. My favourite continues to be the Carnegie version.

I am dying to learn whether or not the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus is just a rumour. Other than that silhouette which Dan's Dinosaurs posted a long time ago, there's been no word or teasers. Still, the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Parasaurolophus in that same image came to be, so I suppose I needn't be concerned about its existence.

Although I'm also concerned about the price tag. I'm assuming it'll be at least $30.99 US, which was what the Spinosaurus was IIRC. Sure do miss that lovely free shipping Amazon was always offering for PNSO products!

I think that silhouette was just a teaser for the new Tyrannosaurus? The silhouettes of the Parasaurolophus and Pachyrhinosaurus didn't match the final model either.

The only real teaser for Zhuchengtyrannus was that picture that was labelled with the numbers "006" of which I still don't know what it means. The only PNSO artwork which is labelled like that are the Tyrannosauroid puzzle poster series. Only number 006 of that line is Cole the Daspletosaurus.

I wouldn't mind if they make all 8 of those into models btw.  :)
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: SRF on May 12, 2021, 08:54:46 PM

I think that silhouette was just a teaser for the new Tyrannosaurus? The silhouettes of the Parasaurolophus and Pachyrhinosaurus didn't match the final model either.

The only real teaser for Zhuchengtyrannus was that picture that was labelled with the numbers "006" of which I still don't know what it means. The only PNSO artwork which is labelled like that are the Tyrannosauroid puzzle poster series. Only number 006 of that line is Cole the Daspletosaurus.

The silhouette was different compared to what we have now, new Wilson the Tyrannosaurus. So there is hope for a Zhuchengtyrannus. The Parasaurolophus did indeed match the silhouette perfectly. Again, another reason to why that may be a Zhuchengtyrannus or a different large Tyrannosaur in general, other than Tyrannosaurus. Hoping for a Zhuchengtyrannus any time now!!

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on May 12, 2021, 11:17:26 PM

The silhouette was different compared to what we have now, new Wilson the Tyrannosaurus. So there is hope for a Zhuchengtyrannus. The Parasaurolophus did indeed match the silhouette perfectly. Again, another reason to why that may be a Zhuchengtyrannus or a different large Tyrannosaur in general, other than Tyrannosaurus. Hoping for a Zhuchengtyrannus any time now!!

Yeah, that silhouette didn't look anything like the new Wilson. It also looked too bulky for a Daspletosaurus. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It would be great to have a top quality Zhuchengtyrannus figure, especially seeing how as we're not getting one in BotM.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on May 13, 2021, 01:57:46 AM
Quote from: Bread on May 12, 2021, 11:17:26 PM

Yeah, that silhouette didn't look anything like the new Wilson. It also looked too bulky for a Daspletosaurus. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It would be great to have a top quality Zhuchengtyrannus figure, especially seeing how as we're not getting one in BotM.

The silhouettes of the Pachyrhinosaurus and Borealopelta didn't look anything like the figures as well. In that teaser there were little hints of the color schemes of the figures, which in this case does matches Wilsons.

I don't think this teaser has necessarily anything to do with the "006" image which was said to be a Zhuchengtyrannus. And definitely not with the Puzzle Poster series of Tyrannosauroids.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Hopefully they make a zhuchentyrannus is a highly anticipated figure by the collecting public. and I honestly like the PNSO carcharodontosaurus more than the GR Toys one, it seems to me a much more elaborate and better finished more hyper-realistic figure.

Chasmosaurus

The pnso carcharodontosaurus is available on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254973796541
It cost 43$
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Pachyventer

Quote from: Chasmosaurus on May 13, 2021, 01:36:44 PM
It cost 43$

I guess, it is on pre-sale as the statement there is: Estimated Shipping Time: In Early June 2021. Another good news though: we have #2 sign that Carcharodontosaurus will be available in early June.

Chasmosaurus

I dont know I've order the spinops from him and i didn't have any problems.
Maybe it will be available in other seller soon.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

SidB

Quote from: Pachyventer on May 13, 2021, 01:39:42 PM
Quote from: Chasmosaurus on May 13, 2021, 01:36:44 PM
It cost 43$

I guess, it is on pre-sale as the statement there is: Estimated Shipping Time: In Early June 2021
The retailer is La-na-Time Shop, should be legit. I've bought a lot of stuff from her, all good. Mind you, she does sell some high quality bootlegs from time to time, but this one seems to be the real McCoy.

Pachyventer

Quote from: Chasmosaurus on May 13, 2021, 01:43:26 PM
Maybe it will be available in other seller soon.

I hope you are right amigo))))

SenSx

Lanatime shop is to be trusted, reliable, and very good packages, I've bought many figures from them.

Bread

Hoping the Yutyrannus and Helicoprion are released soon after the Carcharodontosaurus. I'd like to do a bulk purchase if that's possible...

Pachyventer

That's odd - yesterday I had a chat with the Model toy Center owner (one of my Aliexpress' fave shops). He said that the Helicoprion figure "... is expected to be available this weekend." Well, I'll wait and see if it is true ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: