News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Bread on May 20, 2021, 06:32:40 PM
Okay, wow very unexpected; however I am in love! Glad I skipped their old Stego....

Also, glad their museum line is still getting attention! I do prefer a juvenile than a base, definitely a step up for PNSO!
Pretty cool how the juvenile is in a bipedal pose. Don't see that too often.

Andre

Quote from: Carnoking on May 20, 2021, 10:17:41 PM
Paleofiguras just mentioned in their post that this will be another crowdfunded item for June.

I asked MTC in AliExpress and they said June as well..

Bread

Quote from: SidB on May 21, 2021, 12:16:44 AM
Okay, wow very unexpected; however I am in love! Glad I skipped their old Stego....

Also, glad their museum line is still getting attention! I do prefer a juvenile than a base, definitely a step up for PNSO!
Agreed. PNSO need to continue adding juveniles or minis. Maybe this is a sign that minis could be in development?

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on May 21, 2021, 02:16:36 AM
Quote from: SidB on May 21, 2021, 12:16:44 AM

Agreed. PNSO need to continue adding juveniles or minis. Maybe this is a sign that minis could be in development?

That sure would be nice!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

im just hoping that PNSO would deviate from their samey brown tone base color. even their marine animal is BROWN.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

My plan as well! Too nice to pass up and I love the baby's pose.

Quote from: SidB on May 21, 2021, 12:12:45 AM
Quote from: John on May 20, 2021, 09:58:48 PM
This new Stegosaurus set is very nice.They will go nicely with the 2019 model.
My thought too - a small family group.

Bread

Quote from: sauroid on May 21, 2021, 08:12:38 AM
im just hoping that PNSO would deviate from their samey brown tone base color. even their marine animal is BROWN.
I am actually glad their Helicoprion is brown since most prehistoric shark figures are blue. However, yes I can see this being a consistent thing with PNSO as they heavily rely on brown tones with a combination of even more dark colors. Probably their most outgoing color scheme had to be their Qianzhousaurus. Ultimately this pushed me away from buying the figure, though.

Anyways....
I am somewhat all for earthy color schemes being used. I don't mind the outlandish color schemes once in a while; however I think PNSO should continue with the colors they are using. I think a large majority of collectors find earth tones to be natural.

Faelrin

Even if some of the color schemes are really similar I don't mind them. I think they look great so far in most cases (sure some figures could have better paint detail or more applications but that is a few of the bulk we have so far).

Also anyone else wanting a Ceratosaurus now in scale with these two and the Allosaurus (assuming they are in scale together in the first place? Like they did one of those Morrison formation pics with this pair and the new Allosaurus, and it just had me longing for one (even more now anyways). Granted I would also be down for more animals from that fauna. Will be really cool to get Eofauna's Diplodocus, Safari's Camarasaurus, and whatever else is out there to have on display together with this pair and the Allosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SRF

Quote from: Bread on May 21, 2021, 12:22:44 PM
I am actually glad their Helicoprion is brown since most prehistoric shark figures are blue. However, yes I can see this being a consistent thing with PNSO as they heavily rely on brown tones with a combination of even more dark colors. Probably their most outgoing color scheme had to be their Qianzhousaurus. Ultimately this pushed me away from buying the figure, though.

Anyways....
I am somewhat all for earthy color schemes being used. I don't mind the outlandish color schemes once in a while; however I think PNSO should continue with the colors they are using. I think a large majority of collectors find earth tones to be natural.

Well to me the most outgoing color scheme was on the Corythosaurus. I didn't purchase that one while I did buy the Parasaurolophus because I liked the colors of the Para much better.

I actually like the colors of the Qianzhousaurus. I don't think they are unnatural. I do have some issues with that figure, but definitely not with the colors.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

avatar_SRF @SRF I would say the Corythosaurus is not too outgoing in terms of color scheme as compared to the Qianzhousaurus. I think it mainly has to do with what is considered earth tones and what is not. Still two great figures; however some color schemes I try to avoid adding to my shelf which by the way is blue sadly....

June is right around the corner, hopefully we start to see more in hand pictures of these three beauties (Carcharodontosaurus, Yutyrannus, and Stegosaurus family)!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If the Stegosaurus is actually 1:35 and I think it actually is for a change, then it is not to scale with the Allosaurus. And whilst I would like a nice small Ceratosaurus figure to replace the Safari and/or Papo, and the Torvosaurus will presumably be coming soon too, but the animals from the Morrison formation that I really want are Camptosaurus, Ornitholestes, Barosaurus, Hesperornithoides and Mymoorapelta. But I think most of those don't stand a chance of getting made.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

Quote from: Bread on May 21, 2021, 01:24:25 PM
avatar_SRF @SRF I would say the Corythosaurus is not too outgoing in terms of color scheme as compared to the Qianzhousaurus. I think it mainly has to do with what is considered earth tones and what is not. Still two great figures; however some color schemes I try to avoid adding to my shelf which by the way is blue sadly....

June is right around the corner, hopefully we start to see more in hand pictures of these three beauties (Carcharodontosaurus, Yutyrannus, and Stegosaurus family)!

Maybe it's a matter of personal taste as well. :) I don't consider the yellow color of the Corythosaurus to be more of an earth tone than the blue-ish grey color of the Qianzhousaurus. The latter is more grey than blue to me and the brown stripes are definitely an earth tone.

I am excited for June. All three of those models are definitely in the same league as my favorite PNSO figures so far. It's going to be a pricey month.

suspsy

I would eagerly snap up a Mymoorapelta from just about any company; I'm pretty sure the number of existing Jurassic ankylosaur toys can be counted on just one hand. And having written the CollectA Camptosaurus review, I would snap up a new toy of that genus as well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

Quote from: Bread on May 21, 2021, 12:22:44 PM

Anyways....
i kinda agree but there's more to earth tones than just brown. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SRF

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 21, 2021, 01:41:08 PM
If the Stegosaurus is actually 1:35 and I think it actually is for a change, then it is not to scale with the Allosaurus. And whilst I would like a nice small Ceratosaurus figure to replace the Safari and/or Papo, and the Torvosaurus will presumably be coming soon too, but the animals from the Morrison formation that I really want are Camptosaurus, Ornitholestes, Barosaurus, Hesperornithoides and Mymoorapelta. But I think most of those don't stand a chance of getting made.

If I'm not mistaken, the Allosaurus could qualify as a 1:35 A. Fragilis? I know the exact species is heavily debated, but since PNSO has confirmed at least to some degree that it is A. Fragilis, it could be that Paul and Bieber are meant to be in scale with each other.

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 21, 2021, 01:41:08 PM
Realistically, two chances, as they say - slim and none.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Sadly I agree. I just hope CollectA at least will do a better Camptosaurus, they have been doing nice Onithopods lately, but all have been Iguanodontians.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Leyster

Quote from: SRF on May 21, 2021, 06:10:58 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Allosaurus could qualify as a 1:35 A. Fragilis? I know the exact species is heavily debated, but since PNSO has confirmed at least to some degree that it is A. Fragilis, it could be that Paul and Bieber are meant to be in scale with each other.

Unless it's a record size specimen, no. DINO2560, which is an 8 meters animal, gives 1.26, so...
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SRF

Quote from: Leyster on May 22, 2021, 09:15:52 AM

Unless it's a record size specimen, no. DINO2560, which is an 8 meters animal, gives 1.26, so...

From what I've read the total length of the figure around the curves is 26,5 cm. Based on an 8 meter specimen, that would make the scale 1:30. I always figured an Allosaurus could well be around 9 to 9,5 meters in length, making this model 1:34-1:36 scale.

My Allosaurus should arrive here today. I was planning on doing some measurements myself to figure out the scale, mainly of the skull.

Leyster

Quote from: SRF on May 22, 2021, 09:55:23 AM
Quote from: Leyster on May 22, 2021, 09:15:52 AM

From what I've read the total length of the figure around the curves is 26,5 cm. Based on an 8 meter specimen, that would make the scale 1:30. I always figured an Allosaurus could well be around 9 to 9,5 meters in length, making this model 1:34-1:36 scale.

My Allosaurus should arrive here today. I was planning on doing some measurements myself to figure out the scale, mainly of the skull.
Measuring from the curve is not that reliable. Try measuring it from the skull or from the femur.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: