News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2021, 07:50:13 PM
Suddenly there's a new most anticipated PNSO model for me...

Wow.

How about that. Looks very nice indeed , but I'll be sticking with the Safari and EoFauna versions as my definitive Triceratopses.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

Sorry for the doublepost, but i am not that familliar with ceratopsians. AMNH 5116 was connected to T. horridus, when i looked it up, but i thought it looks more like Torosaurus. Then i found some Info, that this is indeed a Torosaurus. So AMNH 5116 is a Torosaurus then? Thats even better than T. horridus!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Same here. Its a pass from me. T. prorsus or one of the Torosaurus species and you would have had me. But no T. horridus, especially not one that looks that big.

If it is Torosaurus I would be interested in getting it, but I hope it isn't too big.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

It's clearly based on the famous specimen at the AMNH, which was labelled Triceratops horridus last time I checked. Hopefully the official reveal will come soon.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: suspsy on May 26, 2021, 08:28:48 PM
It's clearly based on the famous specimen at the AMNH, which was labelled Triceratops horridus last time I checked. Hopefully the official reveal will come soon.

Ah okay. In the Text of the Revealpicture it says AMNH 5116. I wasn't sure if its T. horridus or Torosaurus l.
It was just a fast search, because of excitement :D

SRF

Well, since Wilson is based on AMNH 5027, these two should display really nicely together. A must have for me this one. :)
But today, I'm just being father

Dinoxels

The two recessive toes have nails...
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SidB

Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2021, 07:50:13 PM
Suddenly there's a new most anticipated PNSO model for me...

Wow.
Triceratops was the very first dinosaur that I saw in a museum as a youngster. As far as I'm concerned, there's room on my shelf for another Trike from PNSO as long as it fits into the scale range of the medium or museum lines.

ITdactyl

What a beauty.

That makes all the models they had in the life-sized exhibit right? (feel free to correct me if I'm misremembering)
So any other new models from PNSO will be a surprise.
*edit* just rechecked the video. The big Trike statue was Wilson. Now I'm trying to remember where I've seen this image before...

Gwangi

I have a history with the AMNH Triceratops so it will be difficult to pass this one up, although I'm quite happy with the Safari one. Eager to see more pictures and of course, the price. Older picture from 1996, the other from 2011. Jeeze, I can't believe it has been 10 years. I need to go back.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Looks like it is the same Sculpt as the Bronze one from a few Weeks/Months ago.
We could hope, that they bringt out the other Bronze Statues in PVC. Why not. Sounds fun.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Nice Photos. With Dinosaurs like Triceratops so much represented in everything and in almost every possible reconstruction and Design in all forms of Media, i sometimes forget about the beauty of just the Skeleton of this big Animal.

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 26, 2021, 11:20:50 PM
Looks like it is the same Sculpt as the Bronze one from a few Weeks/Months ago.
We could hope, that they bringt out the other Bronze Statues in PVC. Why not. Sounds fun.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Nice Photos. With Dinosaurs like Triceratops so much represented in everything and in almost every possible reconstruction and Design in all forms of Media, i sometimes forget about the beauty of just the Skeleton of this big Animal.

The aurochs in PCV please! I have wanted one for so long.

SRF

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 26, 2021, 10:52:55 PM
What a beauty.

That makes all the models they had in the life-sized exhibit right? (feel free to correct me if I'm misremembering)
So any other new models from PNSO will be a surprise.
*edit* just rechecked the video. The big Trike statue was Wilson. Now I'm trying to remember where I've seen this image before...

You mean Doyle ;) If I'm correct, this one will be named Doyle as well, just like their first and newest Tyrannosaurus both are named Wilson. This sculpt is seen before as the bronze statue they've released earlier this year.

Man I must say I'm really impressed by this model. It's a pity there isn't any information yet on when it will be released. It could well be a teaser for a release much later this year. It does however make me reconsider my wishlist. Out of all the models they've teased, I'm most impressed by the Triceratops and Stegosaurus. The Yutyrannus is definitely another must have for me, but the Carcharodontosaurus is now a bit overshadowed by PNSO's other reveals for me. Perhaps also because I've already purchased their Allosaurus which has a bit of a similar color schema as the Carcharodontosaurus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

All the more reason to skip the Allosaurus and get the lesser represented Carcharodontosaurus instead
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

CarnotaurusKing

ITdactyl

;D You're right avatar_SRF @SRF  lol... still haunted by tyrannosaur spirits.

The strange thing is this new trike, as you've mentioned*, is an updated sculpt for Doyle whereas the "new" Bieber (with infant) seems to be a sculpt we've seen 2 years ago - well before the "Sophie-fied"  version.  (disclaimer: not complaining. I for one am happy we're getting all these awesome dinosaur figures)

*as for the updated Doyle being a plastic version of the bronze statue, I guess I can keep hoping for a plastic version of that Thalassadromeus. ^-^

Andre

PNSO's profile in Instagram published a Guanlong drawing.. maybe teasing for a future release?

SRF

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 27, 2021, 11:08:04 AM
;D You're right avatar_SRF @SRF  lol... still haunted by tyrannosaur spirits.

The strange thing is this new trike, as you've mentioned*, is an updated sculpt for Doyle whereas the "new" Bieber (with infant) seems to be a sculpt we've seen 2 years ago - well before the "Sophie-fied"  version.  (disclaimer: not complaining. I for one am happy we're getting all these awesome dinosaur figures)

*as for the updated Doyle being a plastic version of the bronze statue, I guess I can keep hoping for a plastic version of that Thalassadromeus. ^-^

Well my guess is that the reason for the new sculpts of Wilson and Doyle is the collaboration of Zhao Chuang with the AMNH for the T. Rex exhibit they have there since 2019. It was already stated that the new Wilson was sculpted back then, so the same will probably apply for the new Doyle.

Dinoguy2

I don't care if it's a Torosaurus or a Triceratops (I'd probably call it Triceratops sp. for now), but a figure based directly on the AMNH triceratopsin mount would be my number one figure of the year. I'm also very nostalgic for this mount, and have visited it many times. Here's the first, back when it was positioned in its rightful place at T. rex's side (1987). (Complete sidebar, but I'm really not a fan of the post-1995 renovation. Looks so sterile, and the phylogeny-based arrangement de-emphasizes ecology. Before, you could look around the each hall and see so much diversity, not to mention lots of species that lived side by side, having all the big Hell Creek / Morrison dinosaurs in the same room).

Now, if PNSO would just do a 1:35 or so version of the similarly species-ambiguous AMNH apatosaur...  8)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Prehistory Resurrection

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: