News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for the tip. The posters look great but I prefer art books. They're perfect for my coffee table. :)

avatar_SRF @SRF I received a package from Aliexpress on Monday, although from a different store. It took 7 days from dispatch to my doorstep.

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 25, 2021, 04:49:06 PM
avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for the tip. The posters look great but I prefer art books. They're perfect for my coffee table. :)

avatar_SRF @SRF I received a package from Aliexpress on Monday, although from a different store. It took 7 days from dispatch to my doorstep.

Well, apparently my shipment of the Tarbo/Yutyrannus is now combined with my Torvosaurus, which I've purchased a few days later. I received a new track & trace code and if from now on all goes the way I'm used to, they should arrive here sometime next week.
But today, I'm just being father

SRF

Here's number "006" the Zhuchengtyrannus. As it turns out, that image wasn't a teaser for a new figure, but for this video series.
https://youtu.be/TfPknw5vbGo

Mystery solved. :)

SidB

Part of me would have loved the Zhuchentyrannus, so I still hope for a figure later, at some point, but the other part of me is a bit relieved that my wallet can get a little relief.

SRF

Quote from: SidB on June 27, 2021, 03:07:40 AM
Part of me would have loved the Zhuchentyrannus, so I still hope for a figure later, at some point, but the other part of me is a bit relieved that my wallet can get a little relief.

We'll probably get a Zhuchengtyrannus somewhere down the line. A lot of the theropods in this video series are already made into figures after all.

Like the latest two, Lucas & Chuanzi:
https://youtu.be/6Bl4owiRzvk
https://youtu.be/yHW116GvO2o

SidB

That's a good thing, since it's a desired taxon for many people, including me, but not quite yet!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If that's the case, I hope they make "Beibeilong" Gigantoraptor, and with proper wings this time.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Psittacoraptor

Here's the video for Wilson. Interesting that he has some feathers in the artwork but none in the figure.
https://youtu.be/QGogSRpAzvY

And a cool video comparing all the PNSO theropods. Wilson still has the most shelf presence, with the Yutyrannus in second place. At least in my humble opinion.
https://youtu.be/vONX7-ETdEY

Shonisaurus

I have seen the video but perhaps the most interesting figure for me from the group is missing, the qianzhousaurus or pinocchio rex from PNSO. How does it not appear among those figures if it is a theropod and also recently made by PNSO?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Qianzhousaurus is right there but as usual the Microraptor isn't. People keep forgetting winged theropods are theropods.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 29, 2021, 12:41:09 PM
I have seen the video but perhaps the most interesting figure for me from the group is missing, the qianzhousaurus or pinocchio rex from PNSO. How does it not appear among those figures if it is a theropod and also recently made by PNSO?

Which video do you mean? The Qianzhousaurus does appear in the Theropod parade video from DinosDragons. avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor I agree with you that the T. Rex and Yutyrannus stand out the most of these theropods. Probably my favorites out of all these models. Btw all theropods seem to have feathers in their artwork, while none of them have feathers on the actual models. Just a difference in style I think.

Bokisaurus

Awesome to always see them all together! What an impressive parade!

Bread

Quote from: SRF on June 29, 2021, 04:22:04 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 29, 2021, 12:41:09 PM

Which video do you mean? The Qianzhousaurus does appear in the Theropod parade video from DinosDragons. avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor I agree with you that the T. Rex and Yutyrannus stand out the most of these theropods. Probably my favorites out of all these models. Btw all theropods seem to have feathers in their artwork, while none of them have feathers on the actual models. Just a difference in style I think.
There has been similar discussions about this question of feathering been present in artwork but not in final figure form. To me at least, it does not bother me if there is lack of feathering on the final figure OF COURSE if the species itself does not have evidence for feathers being present. I don't know why PNSO do this, plus I don't think they have ever given a statement to why they do this in the first place. Regardless, I also feel that PNSO's artwork has this type of style with their feathers as they are very thin and spaced out on their large therapods to the point where in figure form, the application of feathers would look "weird" or out of place (maybe that's a better term).

On a side note, I have been so far behind on releases. Yutyrannus on its way to me finally, definitely skipping on the Tarbo, Stego, and Torvosaurus. Although, I must say I'd be happy to see more FEATHERED Tyrannosaurs from PNSO.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx avatar_SRF @SRF Excuse me now I have already realized. The reason why I said that I did not see the qianzhousaurus is the following, as I am saving time and money at the same time, I have not actually seen the video properly, I have spent forcing the scroll bar of the video, that is, the Scroll bar of in a hasty way and that is why I have not fully noticed, that is one of the causes, I want to free myself from the tyranny of the Internet (in fact I have already freed myself) as I have freed myself from the tyranny of TV since the death of my father, already I am more interested in reading, studying (preparing for exams) and doing housework and going for a walk, going to the doctors and visiting museums.

Honestly, I repeat these figures, they are extraordinarily good, but in case I bought any of them, my favorite theropods would be first qianzhousaurus and second, carnotaurus, followed by tarbosaurus and torvosaurus. PNSO is quite a sweet tooth and coveted company for any collector. This year all the dinosaur companies, among other figures, are making many theropods and I have to surrender to the evidence that they are the most attractive figures for all collectors or at least for the vast majority and those that represent the most economic returns for companies in this case PNSO. Great video.

Andre

Just saw PNSO is releasing a repainted Amargasaurus.. with so many new releases I was definitely not expecting a repaint..
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQv46kkqKa9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Faras

More pics of repainted Amargasaurus here: https://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=589013078059&spm=a2141.7631671.content.1
Think I'll skip a second go... btw they've already removed old version from offical store, so grab it while you can if you prefer old paint.

Bread

I honestly prefer this new repaint. Definitely an improvement but hopefully it does not have major paint issues as some of the old models did. I'll still probably skip this one.

Speaking of repaints, I would not mind if PNSO continue doing this with some of their older models. I don't think anyone should complain either as these repaints can be skipped and allows everyone to catch up on newer releases.

Maritimer

Kind of glad I got mine when I did ... even though my Amargasaurus didn't get the same paint job as the one in this site's excellent review, I really like the jagged barring across the figure's flanks.

~B.

KeU

Do I spy unpainted nails for the new version?
I can barely see using my phone.

Faelrin

Kind of glad it isn't drastically different from the previous version but I still like the original. Hope the final paint apps is as good as we see here. Curious though but what does the previous iteration scale at?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: