News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Maybe the standing rex is yawning?

Stegotyranno420

@Pssitacoraptor i understand what you mean, but we have to be honest a lot of animals are very brutal and savage, even if they arent all the time. Animals will do very terrifying and nightmarish things, and sometimes often more brutal than even "awesome-bro" depicts. Its just people really like brutal scary things, and these Mildly Intense(Roaring, anrgy animals) depictions are the most shown, with Calm(Resting, parenting, playing) and Super Intense(i don't want to describe what goes here) depictions being not as shown.
Once again, I am like seeing dinosaurs do normal animal things too, but being savage killers is also a normal animal thing.
Sorry if I sound vague.
Also I am not a fan of Winter Willy because its a little too fat, has oversized scales that look too reptilian(coelurosaurs at most had elephant like skin or fluffy feathers), and no proper lips
avatar_suspsy @suspsy I wasn't being a serious, it was just a joke, but yeah I get it.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking i like to think its yawning

Over9K

Totally yawning... OR...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 04, 2021, 12:43:49 PM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I totally get Tyrannosaur fatigue, but I think it's just the reality of the market that these types of dinosaurs sell the best. PNSO is a business after all, and if Wilson sold very well, I'm not surprised they are making a companion figure. Many people still like to see dinosaurs as bloodthirsty monsters rather than animals (thanks to Jurassic Park) and tyrannosaurs fit the bill the best. It's probably why you usually see these angry screaming poses in paleo art like this, :

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Sure, I get that the only language that matters here is money. I'm expressing dismay, not surprise. I'm doing my best not to make it any worse--I haven't bought a new T. rex in four years. I also haven't bought a PNSO theropod in about two years, but that's mostly because in basically every case there's an existing version of the genus that I like better. I'll probably order the Torvosaurus eventually, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Medzo

You guys know anything about the new Museum line Kronosaurus getting any transaprent stand like the Mosasaurus had?

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Medzo on July 05, 2021, 07:23:05 PM
You guys know anything about the new Museum line Kronosaurus getting any transaprent stand like the Mosasaurus had?
According to Paleofiguras, it will have a stand.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 02, 2021, 09:56:36 PM
You know how sometimes on a summer night, your head gets too hot, so you flip the pillow, but the other side is also hot? That's how refreshing I find a new T. rex six months after the last.

I know what you mean of course. I just try to keep it positive for me. They released so much (!) Figures now that i do not think another Tyrannosaurus after 6 Months is that much of a big Problem. I understand the Tyrannosaurusfatique, but i try to see just the Animal. And with it being a quite modern Theropod, i think it is still an interesting Animal. Was. And event until now, there is no Figure of a T. rex, where i would say "This one was made for me." At least in non Resin. There a fantastic ones, but the Devil is in the Details.

Maybe it gets even a bit weirder, if you think about New Old Wilson before Winter Wilson came out, hehe. :D

John

I don't have "T. rex fatigue" and never will.I say keep them coming! 8)
As such,I'm curious to see more of the new female Tyrannosaurus rex model. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You can like a dinosaur and still get tired of the endless hordes of it released.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Over9K

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 05, 2021, 10:37:37 PMI know what you mean of course. I just try to keep it positive for me. They released so much (!) Figures now that i do not think another Tyrannosaurus after 6 Months is that much of a big Problem. I understand the Tyrannosaurusfatique, but i try to see just the Animal. And with it being a quite modern Theropod, i think it is still an interesting Animal. Was. And event until now, there is no Figure of a T. rex, where i would say "This one was made for me." At least in non Resin. There a fantastic ones, but the Devil is in the Details.

Maybe it gets even a bit weirder, if you think about New Old Wilson before Winter Wilson came out, hehe. :D

I think everybody forgot how they re-sculpted, re-balanced and re-packaged Old Wilson in mid-2020. That total refresh must've cost some real money, which indeed does seems weird to do, since they were going to do it again with Winter Wilson within the year.

John

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 06, 2021, 12:18:45 AM
You can like a dinosaur and still get tired of the endless hordes of it released.
Let me put it to you this way.I am not a big fan of the Fast and Furious movie franchise.But I am not at all harmed by the existence of nine movies in that series so far.
As I am not being forced to go see what does not interest me,no one is being forced to buy every model of Tyrannosaurus rex ever made.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SidB

Quote from: John on July 06, 2021, 12:13:16 AM
I don't have "T. rex fatigue" and never will.I say keep them coming! 8)
As such,I'm curious to see more of the new female Tyrannosaurus rex model. :)
You're not the only one who feels that way - bring them on!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: John on July 06, 2021, 12:38:28 AM
Let me put it to you this way.I am not a big fan of the Fast and Furious movie franchise.But I am not at all harmed by the existence of nine movies in that series so far.
As I am not being forced to go see what does not interest me,no one is being forced to buy every model of Tyrannosaurus rex ever made.
Not a great analogy if you don't like Fast & Furious that much. I do like T. rex.

A better one would be I really like the Daleks in Doctor Who, but that doesn't mean I want them to appear in every episode.

Since the material, time etc goes into it too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

John

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 06, 2021, 01:41:45 AM
Quote from: John on July 06, 2021, 12:38:28 AM
Not a great analogy if you don't like Fast & Furious that much. I do like T. rex.

A better one would be I really like the Daleks in Doctor Who, but that doesn't mean I want them to appear in every episode.

Since the material, time etc goes into it too.
Yes,I can see what you mean.When used sparingly,an appearance by the Daleks feels much more special.

LBDINO

As we all know t rex sells brings in the most revenue, which is why company continue to go back to it. With the money the t rex models brings in lets them do other less popular figures and take risk and not worry about losing as much money if it doesnt sell. Am sure t rex easily doubles or triples what  other figures do. At the end of the day its a business and they need to be profitable and the t rex lets them do that

Stegotyranno420

That's why the fights in walking with series are so memorable and far better than those in Jurassic Fight Club. Not only they are used sparingly, they are more intense and you can feel for the animals(keyword). In JFC it's just silly Dino gore trying to act cool. That's why so many folks here always get disgusted when they see violent dinosaurs. Because JP and JFC ruined it.

I have to admit before I had the mentality of S @SidB and avatar_John @John but now I see myself more like avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres when I see another tyrannosaurus(not that the first two guys are wrong, I totally see their point). It's just when I see Velociraptor or Tyrannosaurus I just feel like there could had been a Sauroposeidon or Megalosaurus, or if I'm lucky a Shonisaurus or Erythosuchus. For giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus I don't like seeing new figures because I already feel like there is a extremely great figures of both(maybe not giganotosaurus, but definetly Spinosaurus). For some popular dinosaurs I still like seeing new figures, because I feel like they can use new better ones, like stegosaurus or apatosaurus.

Faras

Quote from: Medzo on July 05, 2021, 07:23:05 PM

It will come with two theropods stands.

Faras

Some new pics of Andrea

SRF

Quote from: Faras on July 06, 2021, 08:33:50 AM
Some new pics of Andrea

So the scaling detail on the body has improved compared to Wilson, but the colors are indeed the same. Now I do feel I was wrong about her pose though.  ::) I hope it's not too similar to Wilsons pose, as the head sculpts seem to be identical.

Also I would love to know if Andrea will be based on a specific T. Rex specimen.
But today, I'm just being father

Dinoxels

Like that head looks more like Tyrannosaurus then Winter Wilson.
Overall looking like Winter Wilson but better.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: