News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Considering with all these releases recently we haven't seen ONE large vinyl I'm not holding out too much hope. They could at least give us that like bigger pieces one thing...

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2021, 03:04:35 PM
Considering with all these releases recently we haven't seen ONE large vinyl I'm not holding out too much hope. They could at least give us that like bigger pieces one thing...
This.

I'd be double sad if they give us more "museum line" figures, which cost the same as the big vinyls and frankly don't give us anything unique or frankly particularly impressive.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 16, 2021, 03:15:06 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2021, 03:04:35 PM
This.

I'd be double sad if they give us more "museum line" figures, which cost the same as the big vinyls and frankly don't give us anything unique or frankly particularly impressive.
I should have been more specific about the want for museum line figures, as I only like their diorama pieces, the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus. I honestly don't care for their other museum line figures, but I would love more dioramas.

Halichoeres

I'd definitely be down for some big vinyl sauropods. Or trees. Or the larger marine reptiles as long as they don't make it all prune-y like their Ophthalmosaurus.

Overall I'm quite happy with the recent PNSO releases. Still, I wish that the Carnotaurus had been literally any other abelisaurid.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Trees would be very welcome - we're long overdue for some, since Schleich, Safari and CollectA issued their offerings a while back.

suspsy

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the reason CollectA isn't putting out any new trees and Safari stopped making them altogether is because they just don't sell well enough.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Yeah it's pretty sad about the shortage of prehistoric plants on the market. Better some then nothing I guess. It would be interesting to see them offer some.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

So, nothin from PNSO for this week  so far?

acro-man

This just in -

NO MORE RELEASES before Chinese New Year, since factory already on holiday.

This could mean they will only be back in March.

Think our wallet can use some rest - for now.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

suspsy

I am fine with this being the case.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Well, that gives anyone buying from Everything Dinosaur a chance to catch up I think.

I am very much looking forward to the Miragaia in particular
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_acro-man @acro-man.  I think we need a breather from new releases.  And not just our wallets. If we get too much of a good thing, it becomes less of a treat and we take it for granted. I'm quite happy to wait for the later releases that still haven't made it to Everything Dinosaur and enjoy the ones I now have!  Like avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, I'm particularly looking forward to the Miragaia arriving here.

Bread

I am also glad this is the case. Would this also mean that shipping will be an issue? With there being a holiday.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Why are only 4 of the new models pictured in the first post?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 17, 2021, 01:41:22 PM
Why are only 4 of the new models pictured in the first post?
because the rest are counted as 2020 releases. PNSO doesn't really match the way other companies reveal and release products
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

After looking at the review videos I actually prefer the Carnotaurus over the Qianzhousaurus as my next purchase I think. Especially since it's 1/35 scale like the T. Rex. And it actually looks better than expected!
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

A well deserved break for both PNSO and us. So the whole "up to February/through February" rumor is a bust. I wonder what that means for how many more are actually in store... :o

Sauropelta

Anyone got pics of the Pinacosaurus yet?
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Sauropelta on January 17, 2021, 11:50:11 PM
Anyone got pics of the Pinacosaurus yet?

Some In-hand pics, taken from Tieba Baidu: https://bit.ly/2XEJ4DD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: