News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

https://www.facebook.com/814219578676241/posts/4335178456580318/?d=n

Looks very nice, but unless it's got a low price tag, I shall pass. Sad that it's not Shastasaurus; that would have been a perfect followup to Livyatan.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

They did make a mini of this previously, so it is nice to see a larger figure of it. And once again visible seam, plus another likely higher price tag.

At least I typically don't collect marine reptiles so this is an easy pass for me, with or without seam.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Seems they're shifting their focus to marine life. Fine by me, I don't collect that stuff  >:D

Bread

I see the seam line is going to be always behind the head of the animal. No big deal to me again, but hopefully this won't be $30+. Like suspy said, it looks small and the price better not be like their Nanotyrannus or Pachycephalosaurus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A lovely addition to my Triassic shelf. Nice to see a large updated ish figure of a Shastasaurid.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

I have to say, I am starting to warm up for these figures. They look great, and I am starting to accept the seams. It's not THAT bad. I don't think I will be able to resist the allure of that livyatan 👀

And gotta say, I am very pleased indeed by the love marine animals are getting!

paleochris

Same for me, the seams are horrible but the rest of these figures remain beautiful and realistic, I am very enthusiastic about these marine figures!

Chasmosaurus

For an empty figure I think 45 or 50 dollars is a bit expensive.
Or maybe because of the covid the price of plastic and transport have increased so much that they have no choice.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

PhilSauria

PNSO seem (sorry, but pun intended  :)) to be staying out at sea at the moment.

This one is a more likely purchase for me than the whale - but isn't it about time we had a Plesiosaur? There was one among the images of those huge exhibition statues that were doing the rounds a year or two back.

stargatedalek

Hollow figures can be done with hidden seams. This is a design flaw, not a cost cutting measure.

Hugely disappointing that PNSO just doesn't care enough to try and hide these better. If Safari can do better seam hiding on their hollow Incredible Creatures line for a quarter of this price there is no excuse.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Thialfi on June 01, 2021, 04:06:25 PM

PNSO has no chill! No idea if this will actually turn out as a real figure, nothing as such has been confirmed, but the idea of a dimetrodon is quite appealling to say the least. Not sure about that speculative half sail though..
What happened to this sculpt
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Faras, I congratulate you on your livyatan I think it is much bigger than I thought judging by the photographs.

On the other hand, this new figure of a prehistoric marine reptile is extremely interesting, however it is too expensive for its size. In my case I will go from this figure, by the way, what species does it belong to? I don't have a facebook and since I don't understand paleontology, I don't know which prehistoric animal I know from the comments that it is a shastasaurid, but I wouldn't like to know what species it belongs to.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus the PNSO Shastasaurid is a Himalayasaurus, like the mini.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks for the info. It is good that PNSO makes quite obscure prehistoric animals in the collectible dinosaur market, along with the olorotitan, pinacosaurus and the livyatan pnso among other figures, PNSO is making rare species of prehistoric animals.

Dinoxels

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 10, 2021, 11:12:43 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on June 01, 2021, 04:06:25 PM

PNSO has no chill! No idea if this will actually turn out as a real figure, nothing as such has been confirmed, but the idea of a dimetrodon is quite appealling to say the least. Not sure about that speculative half sail though..
What happened to this sculpt
It was never a sculpt. It's just artwork.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 11, 2021, 09:27:16 AM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks for the info. It is good that PNSO makes quite obscure prehistoric animals in the collectible dinosaur market, along with the olorotitan, pinacosaurus and the livyatan pnso among other figures, PNSO is making rare species of prehistoric animals.
That's one of the benefits of there being such a high number of releases from PNSO.I get my favorite common species (Tylosaurus,Parasaurolophus,Allosaurus and more) AND everyone else gets their more uncommon things too (Levyatan,Helicoprion...)  8)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Faras

Himalayasaurus is $38.99, available on Taobao from 9:00am 13th Oct, +8GMT. Might wait a bit this time if there's no sale at release  :o

Edit:
Store link with pics: https://m.tb.cn/h.f4vuPZQ?sm=b2d8b9

Not much additional info this time:

1. It's hollow again.
2. Based off 11.5m individual with 1.4m jaw bone.
3. Himalayasaurus has more advanced body compated to early eel like Ichthyosaurs.
4. Himalayasaurus is one of the first Ichthyosaurs found in China (Qinghai Tibet Plateau), fossils are fragmentary so reconsturctions mostly based off assumptions. It's probably a predator judging from the teeth.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 11, 2021, 08:33:34 AM
Faras, I congratulate you on your livyatan I think it is much bigger than I thought judging by the photographs.

Thank you  :) yup the size surprised me too, it's quite wide, feels nealy as big as a shoe (or a very handy club when grabbing it by the tail ).

Lynx

I'm going to spoil the following text to make sure I don't interrupt the current conversation  :)

Spoiler
Not gonna lie, I feel like this is the time where PNSO falls from their throne. Their starting to release marine life which not only do few people tend to collect, but they also seem to have a lack of quality compared to other models (Obvious seamlines, simple paint job, etc). I feel like if Safari, CollectA, and Papo reveal a larger roster in October/November, PNSO's rule over the dinosaur toy market could come to an end in 2022. Not to mention BOTM releasing more ceratopsians and tyrannosaurids next year, which is also another competitor that could challenge them. Overall I feel that with these not-so-popular releases and competition, PNSO's rule will soon come to an end. Thank you for coming to my ted talk ;)
[close]
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Few collectors go for marine life? This certainly is news to me. And aside from the visible seams, PNSO's marine monsters are easily on par in terms of sculpting with the ones from CollectA and Safari if not more so. Same goes for colour schemes as well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Lynx @Lynx PNSO have fallen far when they start being compared to Safari and Papo, that's quite harsh. Fallen from the throne all the way down to the peasants ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: